+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accepted for the fall intake in Canada - Visa not yet received. HELP!

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hi guys,

I just wanted to get an advice from you guys regarding what I should do next..

I submitted my application to the embassy last March 3 and got the medical request on the same month, on the 23rd. The lab then submitted my medical results April 26th. After that, I never heard from the embassy again.

I tried to send them an email regarding a follow up on my visa application last June 24 and I never got a response. I'm just not sure if my application was still under the normal processing time then cause they said that the normal processing time for the Philippines is 11 weeks. When does this 11 weeks start anyway? When they receive my application or when they receive my medical results?

Either way, 11 weeks has passed and I still don't have my visa. Is it a good idea to go to the embassy and follow up my application? My tuition fee is due this 2nd week of August and I didn't want to pay if I wasn't going to get a visa. I'm just not sure if I will be able to make it to the start of the school year.. :(

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
ayns said:
Hi guys,

I just wanted to get an advice from you guys regarding what I should do next..

I submitted my application to the embassy last March 3 and got the medical request on the same month, on the 23rd. The lab then submitted my medical results April 26th. After that, I never heard from the embassy again.

I tried to send them an email regarding a follow up on my visa application last June 24 and I never got a response. I'm just not sure if my application was still under the normal processing time then cause they said that the normal processing time for the Philippines is 11 weeks. When does this 11 weeks start anyway? When they receive my application or when they receive my medical results?

Either way, 11 weeks has passed and I still don't have my visa. Is it a good idea to go to the embassy and follow up my application? My tuition fee is due this 2nd week of August and I didn't want to pay if I wasn't going to get a visa. I'm just not sure if I will be able to make it to the start of the school year.. :(
Most of the schools return fees,if some one don't get visa. I think,if you don't pay the fees, you won't get the visa. Check with your school. 8)

Cityworldcom

Feb 27, 2008
Hi Ayns, I think there is nothing wrong to follow up your application personaly at the embassy. Anyway you have your reasons, your application is more than 11 weeks and you have a deadline to follow plus they were not responding to your email. Hope this help.

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Thanks for the advise CityWorld.. I might do just that. I talked to my sister who is also in the process of applying for her own visa for Canada as well. She suggests that I do fix everything within this week..

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
Hi ashokcan,

I paid for a commitment fee last December to be able to get my Letter of Acceptance from the school. The letter of acceptance is currently with the Canadian Embassy... The school only gave me deadlines as to when I should pay for my first and second term tuition as well as a deadline of my study permit documents..

ashokcan

Apr 28, 2011
ayns said:
Hi ashokcan,

I paid for a commitment fee last December to be able to get my Letter of Acceptance from the school. The letter of acceptance is currently with the Canadian Embassy... The school only gave me deadlines as to when I should pay for my first and second term tuition as well as a deadline of my study permit documents..
You got the letter of acceptance and its with CHC. When did you submitted this LOA ? What's the deadlines to pay your tuition fees? When your course is going to begin ?

ayns

Star Member
Dec 14, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
02-08-2017
Doc's Request.
18-09-2017
AOR Received.
18-09-2017
File Transfer...
06-10-2017
Med's Request
21-09-2017
Med's Done....
29-09-2017
ashokcan said:
You got the letter of acceptance and its with CHC. When did you submitted this LOA ? What's the deadlines to pay your tuition fees? When your course is going to begin ?
I submitted my LOA together with my application forms.

Anyways, no worries, I just got my visa after waiting for one entire day. I found out that either they just reviewed my visa this morning when I came, or they are re-reviewing my documents. I'm just not sure which. But either way, I'm just happy that I got my visa. :)