+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Accademic suspension and PGWP

RishvanjasK

Apr 8, 2024
Hi everyone.

I have completed 4 terms studying UCW graduating in June 2024.

My study permit is valid until April 2025

I got academically suspended for my last term which would be april to june 2024 due to poor GPA.
would it affect my PGWP. I only have one f in my marksheet in 2 nd term.

If anyone have any suggestion on what should I do to improve my chance on getting the work permit and how can I appeal, I would appreciate your help and advice so much.

Thank you kindly and have a great day

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Hi everyone.

I got academically suspended for my last term which would be april to june 2024 due to poor GPA.

If anyone have any suggestion on what should I do to improve my chance on getting the work permit and how can I appeal, I would appreciate your help and advice so much.

Change your attitude.. you came officially to Canada to STUDY and not work. But you thought, Canada is dumb, they won't notice I am only here to work. Guess what..

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone.

How much time are you required to stop studying?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone.

Academic Suspension is deemed to be violation of your study permit conditions (Compliance), and may be assessed at the time of submitting your pgwp application. I dont think there is anything you can appeal, but i would be interesting to know your reasoning...

B. Progress toward completion of courses
Students should be able to demonstrate that they are making reasonable progress toward the completion of their courses in the time allotted by the program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-conditions.html#completion-courses

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi everyone.

Academic Suspension is deemed to be violation of your study permit conditions (Compliance), and may be assessed at the time of submitting your pgwp application. I dont think there is anything you can appeal, but i would be interesting to know your reasoning...

B. Progress toward completion of courses
Students should be able to demonstrate that they are making reasonable progress toward the completion of their courses in the time allotted by the program.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/assessing-conditions.html#completion-courses