Passport Req..
Oct 20, 2009
VISA ISSUED...
Dec 15, 2009
LANDED..........
in July 8, 2010 (Toronto)
nasim15 said:
CPA2CANADA said:
fellow accountants...im a Philippine CPA but not yet ACCA qualified...could you guys give me an idea how to get that certification? I browsed their website and found that I can get the exemption of F1 to F3....F4 to F9 however should be taken...

Could you advise me how did you prepare for the exam?

Appreciate your positive response on this. I already submitted full docs to london office and waiting for my 2nd AOR.

Regards,

IDN
Have you submitted passport for visa or got visa?

hello have not got my visa yet..please see my timelines below...

waqas_rehman20

Sep 26, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi i m ACCA member with Bsc hons oxford brookes,how maany points i can get, or its better to do CGA then apply 2 score more points

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dears,

what about CPA holders? do they also have to sit the 2 exams? in addition, is there any agreement with CGA regarding CPA?

Thanks

Babydoll

Dec 20, 2009
Hi Guys,
I also would like to know how to evaluate my position with the points. I have a Bachelors, was exempted from F1-5 Passed F6-8 and just wrote F9 and P1 at Dec. sitting. However I am teaching Accounting in a secondary school, foreign contract past 8 years + 6 years internal Audit experience. I am hoping to get into accounting or auditing on completing ACCA. Would prefer this type of job in Canada, what are my chances?

please advise me. Appreciated.

youskal

Oct 31, 2009
Dears,

what about CPA holders? do they also have to sit the 2 exams? in addition, is there any agreement with CGA regarding CPA?

Thanks

eemmoo

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
working on document update
Doc's Request.
09-02-2010
waqas_rehman20 said:
simple ACCA affiliates & members could claim how many points 22 or 25 or "0"??????
any response

tinuadeadebola

Champion Member
Feb 28, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10th April 2010
Doc's Request.
22-06-2010
AOR Received.
22-06-2010
IELTS Request
already taken
File Transfer...
26-06-2010
Med's Request
June18th 2012
Med's Done....
June 21st 2012
Passport Req..
August 21st 2012
VISA ISSUED...
August 27th 2012
LANDED..........
February, 2013
vasudevpm said:
I am an ACCA certificate holder. ACCA is a chartered accountancy body from UK. I would like to know the job prospects for a chartered accountant having 15 years experience in different countries. I have enough points to migrate as a skilled worker. I have read from many articles and blogs that many professionals like doctors and engineers are forced to take up jobs in restaurants and groceries when they land up in Canada. This may be due to their qualication is not valid in Canada. But ACCA is a valid and can sign audit reports. Does this make any difference and help me to get a good job. I dont want to work as a cashier or steward in the restaurants....:):)..Please anyone can give me a clear idea about this.

Cheers
Hi all landed seniors
Could you please reply to this post. This is the original question and reason why this thread was started and am afraid we are yet to see responses from landed accountants. please can we try to keep the thread to the original questions? i also noticed that questions being asked under this thread were already answered in some other thread so friends just do a little research and you will find answers to your question.
In the meantime we need more responses on this post thanks
I

trinidboy

Apr 26, 2010
Hello,

I am a Member of ACCA and my application was refused on the basis that ACCA is not an education credential. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I personally know of someone who has only completed CAT and was awarded permanent residency. I am very confused.

Trinidboy

ready4canada

Feb 2, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
CSQ Rec'd Dec 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Mar 2011
Med's Request
Nov 2011
Passport Req..
Nov 2011
VISA ISSUED...
Jan 2012
Trinidboy
That is very unfortunate and amazing that a CIC officer would make such a decision. What proof of qualifications did you provide? Did you also provide a BSc certificate such as from OBU?

I hope some of the other ACCA members / Canada PR applicants can provide some advice.

R4C

semour

Mar 28, 2011
i am a student member of the acca program currently seeking to complete level 2, with a sociology degree. How bright is job prospect for me

shaheer84

Jul 7, 2011
ready4canada said:
Trinidboy
That is very unfortunate and amazing that a CIC officer would make such a decision. What proof of qualifications did you provide? Did you also provide a BSc certificate such as from OBU?

I hope some of the other ACCA members / Canada PR applicants can provide some advice.

R4C
Hi R4C

I am in the process of applying for Quebec Selection Certificate through a Lawyer in Montreal. I just wanted to know how many points did you claim for your education based on your ACCA. Thanks

Shaheer

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eemmoo said:
any response
No, being an ACCA member or affiliate cannot give u any educational points, it can only make the visa officer believe that u can quickly settle and by doing one or two courses in canada, it can increase your chances of getting a Job

iomokorede

Star Member
Dec 14, 2008
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
trinidboy said:
Hello,

I am a Member of ACCA and my application was refused on the basis that ACCA is not an education credential. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I personally know of someone who has only completed CAT and was awarded permanent residency. I am very confused.

Trinidboy
Dear Trinid boy,
I am also an ACCA Member and currently studying for the requirements to become a CGA.
You would indeed be refused if the ACCA qualification is the only education you applied with, because it has no p0ints.Also if your our points did not meet 67.

The someone that had CAT could be given a PR because the persons point could be up to 67. These points could be from the other requirements like arranged employment, relatives in canada, IELTS etc and may not necessarily score so high in education but would definately score points for going to secondary school.