+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ACCA Affiliate Equivalency from WES - Final Certificate

Hamid Latif

Apr 16, 2024
Hi All,

Trust my message finds you all well.

I seek guidance regarding an issue with my WES equivalency certificate for Canadian Immigration. I'm an ACCA Affiliate, and my ACCA student account is currently inactive. I applied to WES in December 2023 and arranged for ACCA to send my credentials directly and they shared my transcript. I also uploaded my 'Strategic Professional Completion Certificate' to my WES portal, issued by ACCA.

WES emailed me, noting that my documents show I earned the Affiliate (Passee) designation in 2019. They can assess this as a degree, but I must provide either my final certificate or an official letter from ACCA confirming my status. They won't accept the 'Strategic Professional Completion Certificate' for this purpose. Otherwise, they will evaluate my examination result as an academic transcript.

‘SPCC’ is the official document that confirms our affiliate status, so I sent a message to WES to clear things up, but they again did not accept my clarification.

I contacted ACCA and they confirmed that there is no other final certificate that ACCA provides and SPCC is the only one. So, I requested them to directly send my SPCC to WES but due to confidentiality, they refused to share it with a third party. On my request to send me hard copies in a sealed envelope, they told me that they do not send certificates in hard copies.

A suggestion they made to me was that I could attest my credentials from British Counsel and ask them to share it with WES in a sealed envelope, but WES declined this suggestion as I discussed with them saying they only accept documents directly from the institution.

According to me, now I have the following options,
  • Request WES to evaluate my academic transcript only and I am not sure of its impact on evaluation.
  • Ask British Counsel if they already have done such attestations and sent them to WES.
  • Active my ACCA account and give access to WES to check my status but it will cost me a lot as the account has been dormant since 2020 and paying such a high does not seem feasible to me.
Please give your suggestion on this as I am completely stuck here and your opinion, I believe can help me out. I appreciate your time and guidance.

Thanks,
Hamid Latif