Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Whats the time frame we are looking at AD VO? Looking at the post I believe they are in November AOR's still.. As any one got the PPR in two to three months time?

ramiaw

Star Member
Nov 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chella2700 said:
Whats the time frame we are looking at AD VO? Looking at the post I believe they are in November AOR's still.. As any one got the PPR in two to three months time?
ADVO average is 6 months

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
Thanks mate.

I think ADVO is one of the VO which has a average time of 6 months. There are few VO's were the turn out time is now increasing to less than 3 months. Is there any hope for us that ADVO will also increase its speed?

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
There are applicants at ADVO who got it in around 4 months (+- a week) ....I do not think we have enough data to say the average is 6 months ...the forum does not have all applicants on it... 4 months is generally the average time for all people applying from everywhere ... every file is a different case and we cannot really compare ourselves to others.

HannaYanna

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
There are applicants at ADVO who got it in around 4 months (+- a week) ....I do not think we have enough data to say the average is 6 months ...the forum does not have all applicants on it... 4 months is generally the average time for all people applying from everywhere ... every file is a different case and we cannot really compare ourselves to others.
There is one from Abu Dhabi applicant with username szherick got her PPR in less than 3 months (AOR-31-Dec-15, PPR-08-Mar-16)...

Although I'm currently based in Saudi Arabia, I'm not sure where my application is being processed, whether ADVO or CPC-Ottawa. I've got an email update for my BG - In-Progress on Friday which is weekend in Middle East.

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
HannaYanna said:
There is one from Abu Dhabi applicant with username szherick got her PPR in less than 3 months (AOR-31-Dec-15, PPR-08-Mar-16)...

Although I'm currently based in Saudi Arabia, I'm not sure where my application is being processed, whether ADVO or CPC-Ottawa. I've got an email update for my BG - In-Progress on Friday which is weekend in Middle East.
I am also a PNP Outland like you.... my application was being processed in Ottawa mostly according to my GCMS notes ..... till 1st Feb at least... and I got the BG in progress update on 17th of March ... no PPR yet though .... and when I called CIC on friday, they told me that the last note on my file was by Abu Dhabi VO on March 16th ... so maybe your file was similar to mine and came back to Abu Dhabi on March 17th but you got the update the second day like me.....

no one can expect anything or form a trend with the crazy differences files are having .... I never knew someone got a PPR from ADVO in such a short period as the user you mentioned.....

I am just sitting here hoping I get PPR within this week and it does not take a few months from BG in progress to PPR as it took with a few people :-\

HannaYanna

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am also a PNP Outland like you.... my application was being processed in Ottawa mostly according to my GCMS notes ..... till 1st Feb at least... and I got the BG in progress update on 17th of March ... no PPR yet though .... and when I called CIC on friday, they told me that the last note on my file was by Abu Dhabi VO on March 16th ... so maybe your file was similar to mine and came back to Abu Dhabi on March 17th but you got the update the second day like me.....

no one can expect anything or form a trend with the crazy differences files are having .... I never knew someone got a PPR from ADVO in such a short period as the user you mentioned.....

I am just sitting here hoping I get PPR within this week and it does not take a few months from BG in progress to PPR as it took with a few people :-\
The user szherick had posted a message in "Filipino thread" and even her was very surprised about her PPR in less than 3 months. But unfortunately, she cannot give any other information on her timelines since she had a consultant and no access on her MyCIC and email account created for her.

I think we are on the same batch to receive the golden PPR...Hopefully within this week...

chella2700

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-16
AOR Received.
07-03-16
Med's Done....
10-03-16
If the people of December AOR is getting PPR's now, that means they will be quick in the coming months, because though they have increased the number of ITA's in Jan and Feb, they haven't given AOR for all the people, they have considerably rejected people (including me on my 1st ITA), so thhe backlot should be less. Atleast for ADVO. Lets hope for the best.

IRONMAN7777

Star Member
Mar 12, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ADVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
OCT 2015
AOR Received.
JAN 2016
File Transfer...
JAN 2016
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
OCT 2015
Interview........
Unknown
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
Does anyone have an idea on the Background Checks? What does it entail and is a company outsourced to do this?

What timeline are we looking at? Lets say for a person who has applied for Spouse Visa/PR. Any clue?

karakou

Sep 17, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-10-2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
Passport Req..
21-03-2016
Hello

I just gt my PPR 8)

I have a question. is there any specific photography studio to go to for the pictures?

What was your experience?

Thanks

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
HannaYanna said:

i am also from saudi arabia and similar time line but i was told by CIC that my file is in abu dhabi.

any how my BG went in progres on march 17th but i didnt recevie any email.

did you receive a email saying your BG went in progress?

looking at the trend i am not hoping a PRR any soon as most of the ppl who got PRR is after 2 months of their BG went in progress.

fingers crossed tho

HannaYanna

Star Member
Jan 15, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
i am also from saudi arabia and similar time line but i was told by CIC that my file is in abu dhabi.

any how my BG went in progres on march 17th but i didnt recevie any email.

did you receive a email saying your BG went in progress?

looking at the trend i am not hoping a PRR any soon as most of the ppl who got PRR is after 2 months of their BG went in progress.

fingers crossed tho
Yes, I received an email saying " Your application has been updated" which is my BG changed to In-progress.

As what perfectSkilledMigrant said, CIC confirmed that his file is now in Abu Dhabi VO, so I'm expecting the same for my file.

Let's be positive here, I would expect to receive a PPR within this week or till end of March, but hopefully not in two (2) months...

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
HannaYanna said:
Yes, I received an email saying " Your application has been updated" which is my BG changed to In-progress.

As what perfectSkilledMigrant said, CIC confirmed that his file is now in Abu Dhabi VO, so I'm expecting the same for my file.

Let's be positive here, I would expect to receive a PPR within this week or till end of March, but not in two (2) months...
With CIC (or IRCC now) you cannot expect anything ....nor can we compare to others....every case is different.... for some it took 3+ months after the change to BG check in progress...... we can only hope and time will show....

Mar 25, 2015
Saudi Arabia
Category........
Visa Office......
ABUDHABI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
08-11-2015
Med's Done....
28-10-2015
Passport Req..
03-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-08-2016
LANDED..........
27-10-2016
With CIC (or IRCC now) you cannot expect anything ....nor can we compare to others....every case is different.... for some it took 3+ months after the change to BG check in progress...... we can only hope and time will show....
well i hope the same to get PRR in this week and the reasoning for that would be my application had no movement since 4 months.

how ever as every one of you got an email saying your application was updated, i didnt and i only realized that my BG went in progress when i logged into my cic account.

is this something i need to worry about?

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
futurecanadiannew123456 said:
well i hope the same to get PRR in this week and the reasoning for that would be my application had no movement since 4 months.

how ever as every one of you got an email saying your application was updated, i didnt and i only realized that my BG went in progress when i logged into my cic account.

is this something i need to worry about?
no dont worry about it .....happens to a lot of people .....and many actually get ghost emails and login to find no change .... just relax and wait... PPR should be coming soon.... maybe we will all get it tomorrow :)