Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
Thanks Dibrahim. On the part of the reference number, how soon did you get this? I received an auto-reply for the email i sent a week ago but have not received a Reference Number on it. Just the word 'CONFIRMATION'
Sorry, i just read that over again. The reference number provided was from VFS.

I tried emailing the embassy directly. I'll try emailing VFS now.

lavanya_vetagire

Jul 26, 2016
I have sent my passport by courier and received by embassy on 24th Jul...no update till now...sent enquiry to embassy, but received an auto reply that response may take 15 business days

Reactions: Wolverine17

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
i finally reached VFS on phone... they have a non existent IVR, the recording goes on and on and on... its like a podcast urghhhh
i had to randomly punch some numbers to even reach their IVR... neways spoke to some guy - he claimed it takes 7 working days usually - but depends on application to application (clearly he didnt even notice i had applied for PR, not visit visa) . he gave me email address of canadian embassy who handles this (apparently i should add). sent them an email - auto response says wait 15 days for reply...

why did i even bother... URGH... so frustrated.

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
My only hope right now is to recieve passports before eid vaccation,btw whats the longest time ever to recieve passports from abudhabi,just trying to figure out worst case scenario

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
My only hope right now is to recieve passports before eid vaccation,btw whats the longest time ever to recieve passports from abudhabi,just trying to figure out worst case scenario
The last COPR issued (at least what I know off from this forum) was about a week ago. Applicants had submitted on 24 Jul 2017, and received their passports back in 2 weeks). I think it was about 2-3 applicants if Im not mistaken. So there hasn't been any COPRs issued in the last 4 working days.

Who knows, maybe its because some of the Visa Officer's are on leave, which slows down the processing. It is the holiday period...

Not knowing whats happening is a killer. I think i aged another 2 years in the past week :(. Hope that doesn't impact my CRS :D

UnleashedFX

Oct 21, 2016
The last COPR issued (at least what I know off from this forum) was about a week ago. Applicants had submitted on 24 Jul 2017, and received their passports back in 2 weeks). I think it was about 2-3 applicants if Im not mistaken. So there hasn't been any COPRs issued in the last 4 working days.

Who knows, maybe its because some of the Visa Officer's are on leave, which slows down the processing. It is the holiday period...

Not knowing whats happening is a killer. I think i aged another 2 years in the past week :(. Hope that doesn't impact my CRS :D
This is unacceptable. Short staffed due to holidays? It's the embassy, not an office in Barsha. What if some us had holiday plans?

This is beyond frustrating. Calling themselves a visa office, when they take ages to issue one is hilarious.

Reactions: Dana.D

vabs200

Aug 22, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, ideally if it takes so long for them to stamp the passport then they should just prepare the visa sticker and CoPR document, and once all that is ready then ask the applicant to come to Abu Dhabi (or send the passport by mail if applicant is unable to come in person). This way, they can better manage the workload and also the applicants will be spared of the agony of not having access to their passports for an eternity. Wishful thought though :(

Reactions: Durango_xx

Durango_xx

Star Member
Oct 16, 2016
United Arab Emirates
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
14-05-2017
Med's Done....
27-04-2017
Passport Req..
20-07-2017
VISA ISSUED...
09-08-2017
LANDED..........
26-03-2018
Well, ideally if it takes so long for them to stamp the passport then they should just prepare the visa sticker and CoPR document, and once all that is ready then ask the applicant to come to Abu Dhabi (or send the passport by mail if applicant is unable to come in person). This way, they can better manage the workload and also the applicants will be spared of the agony of not having access to their passports for an eternity. Wishful thought though :(
I totally agree! Though receiving the PPR was something I have waited for a long time, having to see my family's faces when I told them that we have to cancel our holidays because we won't have our passports, was heart breaking. The kids really look forward to spending their summer vacation outside Dubai. The hope was to still give them this once I have my new visa employment ready, so we can do something during the Eid holidays, but as of now I am unsure if that will happen too.

Last edited: