+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Abu Dhabi Embassy... Anyone still waiting?!

faredtsbc

Star Member
Sep 26, 2016
Omar.hr said:
....But I was afraid to have a deadline that will force me to enter Canada, so I decided to wait and make sure because it's still early for me to leave now
There is no such a thing as a deadline to enter Canada as long as your visa is still valid. I remember I traveled two months after my visa was issued.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
faredtsbc said:
There is no such a thing as a deadline to enter Canada as long as your visa is still valid. I remember I traveled two months after the my visa was issued.
Cool, thanks

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
Thank you guys!.. I hope by the end of month everyone here get his visa sorted and ready to go.

Addnnaann.. I agree with what Omar said 100%, you don't have to do it, but I don't think there will be an issue doing it.

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
guys im in a real truble and i need your help please
i submitted my original passport with my application when i applied 4th of july
then i nedded my passport last two weeks so i requested it via VFS
every thing was ok until i got this herrible massege !
we have reviewd your signed application to withdraw application so your application has been withdrawn!
as a result your file has been closed and no further process will take place
thank you for your interest in canada !
what is going on!
im going totally mad !

wollyking

Nov 25, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-02-2017
Doc's Request.
01-03-2017
AOR Received.
13-04-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
04-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2018
LANDED..........
14-06-2018
Very many congratulations Omar.hr & He20151582.... I can feel your pain and your patience has prevailed. I am sooooooo glad to hear the news. You guys were with me during my tough times. If you think I ignored, that's wrong for some odd reason I couldn't comment and I am not sure if this one would be posted. Nonetheless; congratulations to you both.

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
wollyking said:
Very many congratulations Omar.hr & He20151582.... I can feel your pain and your patience has prevailed. I am sooooooo glad to hear the news. You guys were with me during my tough times. If you think I ignored, that's wrong for some odd reason I couldn't comment and I am not sure if this one would be posted. Nonetheless; congratulations to you both.
Thanks a lot man! yea something was wrong with your account apparently. But it's working now

aaddnnaann said:
we have reviewd your signed application to withdraw application so your application has been withdrawn!
what is going on!
im going totally mad !
Wow that's too bad I guess. I am sorry to hear that. The only thing I can advise you is to call VFS and figure out wtf is happening with them.

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
i am really shocked !
can i ask for an interview with any one from the embassy ...eventhough it takes me to travel to Abu-dhabi !
do you think i can request that ?!

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
aaddnnaann said:
i am really shocked !
can i ask for an interview with any one from the embassy ...eventhough it takes me to travel to Abu-dhabi !
Don't even think about going to Abu Dhabi, it's a complete waste of time. I tried to go (travelled from Dubai to Abu Dhabi), and I wasn't allowed to enter or even talk to anyone. All you'll be able to see is a closed door and a security guard who can't do anything even if he wanted to help you. There is a new regulation (active since January 2016) that basically says that the embassy is not open for the public and no one can enter it or meet any of the officials for any reason. The only exception is if you hold a Canadian passport or PR, then you will be allowed to take an appointment and visit them during the consular hours.

During my visit, I also saw a guy that went all the way from Oman to Abu Dhabi just for the sole purpose of meeting someone in the embassy, and he also wasn't allowed in, and I saw him fighting with the security with no success

Sany201019

Oct 22, 2016
aaddnnaann said:
i am really shocked !
[/quote

Did you try checking your online account? Does it says your application's been closed ?

You might wanna send a case specific inquiry mentioning the misunderstanding that migh have happened. Make sure you send the email early in the morning. Also, let vfs know about it.

aaddnnaann

Nov 8, 2016
thank you guys for your help
i sent specific enquiry and also sent emails to the email adresses which asked me to send tha late LOA
in the worst case i think i will reapply through canadian embassy in Turkey
the processing time is only a week...do you agree about that idea guys or you think i apply through Abu-dhabi again?
and sorry for asking too much but i'm really shocked and need all the help

Omar.hr

Star Member
Sep 9, 2016
Toronto, Ontario
Visa Office......
VFS Dubai
App. Filed.......
08/06/2016
Doc's Request.
25/10/2016 - Updated LOA
File Transfer...
08/06/2016
Passport Req..
10/11/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/11/2016
LANDED..........
26/12/2016
aaddnnaann said:
thank you guys for your help
i sent specific enquiry and also sent emails to the email adresses which asked me to send tha late LOA
in the worst case i think i will reapply through canadian embassy in Turkey
the processing time is only a week...do you agree about that idea guys or you think i apply through Abu-dhabi again?
and sorry for asking too much but i'm really shocked and need all the help
I understand your situation, it's ok, hope we are helping you. I don't think you can apply from Turkey (or basically any other country) unless you hold the nationality or you are a resident of the country you are applying from. So unless you hold a Turkish passport or a residence in Turkey, I don't think it's a good idea. You can wait for someone else to confirm, or even call and ask, because I am not sure, this is just what I know.

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
aaddnnaann said:
what is going on!
im going totally mad !
I think there was a miss understanding from VFS when you requested the passport back.. I think you should go from them first and see what will they say about it, I am sure that VFS can call the embassy in the time you are there.
as for applying from Turkey, as what Omar said you can't apply from a country you are not a resident in, so I think forget about Turkey and focus on contacting VFS to reach the embassy ASAP.
So sorry to hear that and it will workout hopefully, keep us updated

He20155182

Star Member
Aug 28, 2016
wollyking said:
Thank youuu brother, it's okay we knew you were not ignoring :D

Good luck with your study!