+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About visa approval letter

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
Hi,
Is it mandatory for international students to bring visa approval letter for international students while entering Canada even if the student has visa stamp on his passport.

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,
Is it mandatory for international students to bring visa approval letter for international students while entering Canada even if the student has visa stamp on his passport.
Yes you have to...
Visa is a permit to enter Canada and you need to show the letter plus visa and others relevant documents to the immigration office who will then issue you the study permit

Reactions: future23

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
What if I lost my approval letter or forget to bring my letter with me will they deport me for that. Will the print out copy of gckey account where visa approved is written will do the work.
Best Regards

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
The thing is that I lost my mobile phone in which my email was logged in and unfortunately I forgot my password. So i am bit worried about that. One of my friend that I not a big deal. If Cbsa officer asks me about approval letter I can tell I haven't got it. But they can in their server whether I have legal visa or not.

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hi,
My experience is related with Work Permit, I was askied for the visa approval letter when I was boarding my flight at the home airport. Thankfully I had one...

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
Already tried. The recovery phone number was my brothers number. He lives in france. It was registered with his national id card number. So I can't do anything about that. Do you have any suggestions for me..

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
Does he still have the SIM/number? He should still get the SMS abroad. What is this letter exactly? Is it the letter of introduction.

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
Does he still have the SIM/number? He should still get the SMS abroad. What is this letter exactly? Is it the letter of introduction.
Yes, I am talking about letter of introduction. No he can't get sms from our home country sim provider. Will the print out copy of gckey account will do the job here. Thanks

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
He probably has to enable roaming SMS should work internationaly. Anyway I dont know if this is a big issue, there was a thread on here about someone not receiving letter of intro at all the only problem was at home airport they wouldnt let him board the flight so check with your airline.

Manohar Rathod

Aug 28, 2017
I am worried about Canadian immigration. Kindly inform me if you could know the answer from your friends.
Put an email to the respective embassy where you have applied for asking them the suggestion on this scenario.
They will surely help you out !!
Don’t waste your time. And I believe there are many ways to recover your e-mail but I don’t know ...
And yes, don’t forget to mention your student application number & name in the subject line so that you will get reply soon and also mention them about your email id thing too orelse they will reply to your previous email id only...

Shariful Maruf

Dec 25, 2017
I tried to recover my mail. But they reply couldn't verify this is your mail. I am very tensed what can I do now. Will there be any problem at immigration in Canada if I don't have visa approval letter.