+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About to be laid off on ICT Workpermit

X2sYDdT3

Dec 5, 2023
Hi Experts,

My employer brought me here in September 2022 by giving me a closed work permit(ICT) which is valid for 3 years i.e. till Jul 2025. I would be working for them until end of this year and they would be terminating me if I don't travel back to base location if no new assignments come in matching my skill set, I work in IT as a software developer.

I had applied through Alberta PNP via Alberta Tech Pathway stream and got my nomination, which has no restrictions on employment and no employer mentioned.

I have received the ITA, and have submitted the documents in Jul 2023 and awaiting decision on my PR, My Biometrics and Medical test have been marked as completed in the application.

As the work permit is closed and employer specific, Considering this change in my situation How can I change the conditions of the work permit? can I apply for BOWP? or is there any other way?

rcincanada2019

Jan 14, 2023
Ontario
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
03-07-2022
Nomination.....
30-03-2022
AOR Received.
03-11-2022
Hi Experts,

My employer brought me here in September 2022 by giving me a closed work permit(ICT) which is valid for 3 years i.e. till Jul 2025. I would be working for them until end of this year and they would be terminating me if I don't travel back to base location if no new assignments come in matching my skill set, I work in IT as a software developer.

I had applied through Alberta PNP via Alberta Tech Pathway stream and got my nomination, which has no restrictions on employment and no employer mentioned.

I have received the ITA, and have submitted the documents in Jul 2023 and awaiting decision on my PR, My Biometrics and Medical test have been marked as completed in the application.

As the work permit is closed and employer specific, Considering this change in my situation How can I change the conditions of the work permit? can I apply for BOWP? or is there any other way?
You can apply for BOWP if you have received AOR.

vn_raghu

Oct 29, 2016
I believe once you receive BOWP you can start working. Coming to staying in Canada, need to confirm this part.
Like if there is no assignment and if you may have to resign and you already applied for BOWP.