anonymity

Jul 24, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
Hello there, :)

We're applying for sponsorship of a spouse outside Canada now.
However my husband, the sponsor, doesn't have a full-time job right now and enough money as well. (Though I have some money to live for 3 years well without working) :mad:

We read that "you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves." :D

So, in order to explain and make our situation look better, we asked his parents to write a letter saying that they promise to aid us financially should the need arise and keep lending their residence until my husband find a full-time job without any charging. :)

However, his father is wondering whether he will legally have to take care of us for the sponsor, even after we make the cancelation of the letter. If we meet the condition, we would love to make a cancelation letter and be financially independent, but his father is worried because that the sponsor has a responsibility for sponsored person for 3 years after he/she became an immigrant. ??? Does he get all responsibility for the sponsor if he writes such letter???

Is there anybody who knows the answer or anybody who asked parents to write such letter? :'(

Thank you so much. :-[

PS. Sorry for my English, if it's tuff to understand

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY --> Los Angeles, CA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
anonymity said:
Hello there, :)

We're applying for sponsorship of a spouse outside Canada now.
However my husband, the sponsor, doesn't have a full-time job right now and enough money as well. (Though I have some money to live for 3 years well without working) :mad:

We read that "you will not be denied to sponsor your spouse and dependent children because you do not make enough money. It is possible though that if you make absolutely no money at all that immigration may ask you how you plan to support yourselves." :D

So, in order to explain and make our situation look better, we asked his parents to write a letter saying that they promise to aid us financially should the need arise and keep lending their residence until my husband find a full-time job without any charging. :)

However, his father is wondering whether he will legally have to take care of us for the sponsor, even after we make the cancelation of the letter. If we meet the condition, we would love to make a cancelation letter and be financially independent, but his father is worried because that the sponsor has a responsibility for sponsored person for 3 years after he/she became an immigrant. ??? Does he get all responsibility for the sponsor if he writes such letter???

Is there anybody who knows the answer or anybody who asked parents to write such letter? :'(

Thank you so much. :-[

PS. Sorry for my English, if it's tuff to understand
My parents wrote a letter for us. They are NOT financially responsible for us, nor are the legally. Only the sponsor would be responsible. The issue that CIC is concerned about, is if you, the applicant or your husband goes on social assistance. They don't want that at all, and it's not acceptable within the three years after you are sponsored (Nor while waiting for the application to go through). If you go on social assistance (besides for disability reasons) you WILL be expected to pay it back, or rather, your husband would be, not the parents. My husband and I support ourselves, I work part time (barely) and he cannot work. We just live with my parents and pay them a little each month to help out. That's it. I've been sponsor approved and they never contacted my parents.

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
parker24 said:
My parents wrote a letter for us. They are NOT financially responsible for us, nor are the legally. Only the sponsor would be responsible. The issue that CIC is concerned about, is if you, the applicant or your husband goes on social assistance. They don't want that at all, and it's not acceptable within the three years after you are sponsored (Nor while waiting for the application to go through). If you go on social assistance (besides for disability reasons) you WILL be expected to pay it back, or rather, your husband would be, not the parents. My husband and I support ourselves, I work part time (barely) and he cannot work. We just live with my parents and pay them a little each month to help out. That's it. I've been sponsor approved and they never contacted my parents.
To build on this, consider also sharing details on your savings to show that you have sufficient savings to support yourselves.

Also, so you don't worry about meeting LICO - if your sponsor is just sponsoring you, you are exempt from minimum income requirements.

And, your English was perfectly clear :) Well done.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
When i sponsored my common-law partner. i had a part time job it was at a restaraunt so i was only making about 1200 a month. plus i was going to school as well.
and my spouse the applicant was in canada with me at the time and had a full time job and was making more than me.
we put all our information in.
and i got approved to be a sponsor even though i was only making 1000-1200 a month.
so i dont think the income should be a problem.
they pretty much want to make sure ur husband has no debts. hes all cleared on taxes and has no student loans etc.
this debt does not include credit cards.
and when u sign the forms your pretty much saying ur sponsor will be financially responsble for you no matter what.

anyways send the letter for the parents its a good idea.

but other than that they are no financially responsible only the sponsor is..
you will be fine!
:)

rachiy

May 9, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
SYDNEY, Australia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2012
AOR Received.
12-09-2012
File Transfer...
12-09-2012
Med's Done....
16-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
07-01-2013
LANDED..........
29-01-2013
LeisaP said:
When i sponsored my common-law partner. i had a part time job it was at a restaraunt so i was only making about 1200 a month. plus i was going to school as well.
and my spouse the applicant was in canada with me at the time and had a full time job and was making more than me.
we put all our information in.
and i got approved to be a sponsor even though i was only making 1000-1200 a month.
so i dont think the income should be a problem.
they pretty much want to make sure ur husband has no debts. hes all cleared on taxes and has no student loans etc.
this debt does not include credit cards.

and when u sign the forms your pretty much saying ur sponsor will be financially responsble for you no matter what.

anyways send the letter for the parents its a good idea.

but other than that they are no financially responsible only the sponsor is..
you will be fine!
:)
Apart from what is listed in the guide about not being behind on a court ordered payment such as child maintenance, or a previous immigration debt, I never saw anything about the sponsor not being eligible if they have other debts.
Can anyone please provide any information whether tax or student loan debts are acceptable?

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
rachiy said:
Apart from what is listed in the guide about not being behind on a court ordered payment such as child maintenance, or a previous immigration debt, I never saw anything about the sponsor not being eligible if they have other debts.
Can anyone please provide any information whether tax or student loan debts are acceptable?
I still have to pay 5 grand on student loans. So I'd say it's acceptable :) Plus I'm in credit counselling for credit card debt.

LeisaP

Champion Member
Jun 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 18, 2012
Doc's Request.
ARC requested Sept 28,2012 ARC sent October 18,2012... RCMP Sent Dec 17,2012. Additional court documents sent March 25, 2013.
AOR Received.
Never
File Transfer...
April 5, 2012
Med's Request
First medical March 2011, REDO Medical July 30, 2012
Med's Done....
August 16, 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 7, 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27, 2013
LANDED..........
May 30, 2013
rachiy said:
If you owe money to revenue canada I think it will be denied.
I had to pay off the 400 bucks I owed them before I could get approved.
I was told student loans are not. But seems like other people have gotten approved with them. So I'm not sure the rules on that. :)

anonymity

Jul 24, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
Thank you so much everyone. I'll talk to my husband's dad about that tomorrow.

I'm Japanese by the way. We has own forum about Canadian Immigration in Japanese, but there are so many mean people for some reason. When I asked some questions, some people said "Can't you understand English? Read the Guide!" "Are you stupid? Who cares such stupid thing, picky!" "Does your husband help you out at all? " or something like that.

I am so impressed how generous people are here.

Thank you so much again! ;)

Creampop

Jun 15, 2012
Waterloo ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo closed > Ottawa > Finalized in LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 23rd, 2012
Doc's Request.
RPRF-September 14th, 2012
File Transfer...
7/23/12 > Ottawa 10/9/12 > LA
Med's Done....
April 10th, 2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
October 9th, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
CoPR issued Oct. 29, 2012 DM November 6th, 2012
LANDED..........
November 23rd, 2012
It's hard to believe how rude some people can be. I believe the CIC makes their guides and instructions confusing on purpose, if people don't or can't understand something it usually discourages them from moving forward...

OhCanadiana

VIP Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
anonymity said:
Thank you so much everyone. I'll talk to my husband's dad about that tomorrow.

I'm Japanese by the way. We has own forum about Canadian Immigration in Japanese, but there are so many mean people for some reason. When I asked some questions, some people said "Can't you understand English? Read the Guide!" "Are you stupid? Who cares such stupid thing, picky!" "Does your husband help you out at all? " or something like that.

I am so impressed how generous people are here.

Thank you so much again! ;)
Well, you're more than welcome around here anytime :D

aarongpasha

Star Member
Jul 18, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2012
AOR Received.
N/A
File Transfer...
August 2012
Med's Request
July 24 2013 re-medical
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
soon coming
VISA ISSUED...
soon happening
LANDED..........
soon will happen
Hi Everybody: Why CIC can't make a same 'format' for all applicant for producing evidences for a genuine relation to prove? Even CIC forms should be simplified especially IMM5490 Form ? It is quite confusing for many people around. What do you think gues ? Thanks.

parker24

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
File Transfer...
05-06-2012
Med's Done....
16-11-2011
Passport Req..
16-11-2012
LANDED..........
04-01-2013
aarongpasha said:
Hi Everybody: Why CIC can't make a same 'format' for all applicant for producing evidences for a genuine relation to prove? Even CIC forms should be simplified especially IMM5490 Form ? It is quite confusing for many people around. What do you think gues ? Thanks.
Not quite sure if I understand your question, could you elaborate a little?

anonymity

Jul 24, 2012
Canada
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-08-2012
aarongpasha said:
I'm not sure about that, but the documents to prove their marriage could be different depends on the country you are in? I really agree with that CIC forms is quite confusing though. :-X