+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About Passport

tushon

May 26, 2015
Dear Sir,

Recently I came to know from one of my Big Brother that PR Visas for canada Can not be issued in Diplomatic or Official Passports. As I am a government official I issued an official passport. I have not seated for the IELTS exam yet. There is no chance to convert the Official Passport to Ordinary passport without resigning from the job. I am planning to change the passport at the last stage when CIC will ask me to submit my passport. I will submit the passport after leaving the job. Now my question is will it create any problem if my IELTS Passport no varies from submitted passport no of CIC. Moreover if I use my present passport no to the all stages of immigration process without the passport submission to CIC what problems could be created? Please answer my question experienced persons. I am dam confused.

Specterz

Apr 2, 2015
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
AOR Received.
Jan 06, 2017
Med's Done....
Mar 07, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 14, 2017
This is a very situation specific question.

My experience "I sat for IELTS with my old passport, which expired in June 2015. After receiving my new passport, I gave my IELTS again, so that my IELTS result sheet has new passport number."

By the way, I made the above decision by myself. The reason being I didn't want CIC officer to be confused and refuse my application for some stupid reason.

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tushon said:
Dear Sir,

Recently I came to know from one of my Big Brother that PR Visas for canada Can not be issued in Diplomatic or Official Passports. As I am a government official I issued an official passport. I have not seated for the IELTS exam yet. There is no chance to convert the Official Passport to Ordinary passport without resigning from the job. I am planning to change the passport at the last stage when CIC will ask me to submit my passport. I will submit the passport after leaving the job. Now my question is will it create any problem if my IELTS Passport no varies from submitted passport no of CIC. Moreover if I use my present passport no to the all stages of immigration process without the passport submission to CIC what problems could be created? Please answer my question experienced persons. I am dam confused.
I do not think there is much to worry here. A passport if canceled will be given back to you with canceled stamp (correct me if I am wrong) in all pages except on visas. So, you will have that passport along with your new passport and can produce it whenever there is a need for verification. If that passport will not be returned after cancellation then get as many as copies possible notarized by an attorney.

tushon

May 26, 2015
jairichi said:
I do not think there is much to worry here. A passport if canceled will be given back to you with canceled stamp (correct me if I am wrong) in all pages except on visas. So, you will have that passport along with your new passport and can produce it whenever there is a need for verification. If that passport will not be returned after cancellation then get as many as copies possible notarized by an attorney.
Thank you so much. You show me the right way I think. :)

jairichi

Champion Member
Jan 21, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tushon said:
Thank you so much. You show me the right way I think. :)
I know regular passport when canceled is given back to passport holder. Check whether the same applies to your official passport. If it is then you are fine as it make your process simple. At the time of PR visa stamping you can send your regular passport to requested office.