+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About OINP - international student stream 2020

Noor1995

Star Member
Oct 10, 2019
Hi, I need some help in OINP education requirements. It is said that we can apply within 2 years of completion of education.

However, on my transcript there are 2 dates:
Completion date: August 17, 2018
Conferral/ Graduation date: October 31, 2018

I got my Diploma on Graduation ceremony in October. It says "Awarded in October 2018" but there's no date here.

Which date should I consider? I registered for OINP on 19th August 2020 already, just need to submit my application.
If they see the date on my diploma then I'm good, but if they see the completion date I might not be eligible as 2 years has passed on August 17.

Any responses will be much appreciated. Thanks!
I would suggest you to contact OINP before you submit your documents as on the website it states
You must submit your application within two years of completing the requirements necessary to obtain your degree, diploma or certificate (also known as your education credential). For example, if your degree, diploma or certificate is dated June, 1 2017, you must apply to this stream before June 1, 2019.

This means that the date on your educational credential must be within two years of your OINP application submission date. For example, if your educational credential is dated June 1, 2017, you must apply to this stream before June 1, 2019.

If you don’t have your education credential yet, use the date on the official letter from your college or university which states when your education credential will be granted.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
I applied for transcripts from my college three times, two requests have been denied because of Covid-19 (applied for them in May and July) and I just applied again, I also emailed my college's international office hoping to get my transcripts faster but I can tell they won't reply anytime soon and I'm running out of time.

Is it a problem if I apply just with my unofficial transcripts and a letter of explanation attaching emails and screenshots of why my requests were denied?
it should work. Depends on the case officer too

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
I know someone that is still waiting as well. But their status changed to DIP in June. You applied in March right? I don’t know why it’s taking so long
My wife case was delayed as she was temporarily laid off, now back in job

CanadaMissi

Aug 12, 2020
I applied for transcripts from my college three times, two requests have been denied because of Covid-19 (applied for them in May and July) and I just applied again, I also emailed my college's international office hoping to get my transcripts faster but I can tell they won't reply anytime soon and I'm running out of time.

Is it a problem if I apply just with my unofficial transcripts and a letter of explanation attaching emails and screenshots of why my requests were denied?
Hey, Same story. My college suspended the transcripts request service because of COVID-19. I uploaded the unofficial transcripts, Let's see how it goes. What's your college. Send me a DM.

Ravi1993

Aug 26, 2020
Hi all,
What documents need to show 5 Canadian/ PR employees?

Do ask current paystub of those employees or from last fiscal year?

I asked someone, according to that they only need from last fiscal year.

I’m confused totally.

please help, if anybody know.

thanks in advance

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hi all,
What documents need to show 5 Canadian/ PR employees?

Do ask current paystub of those employees or from last fiscal year?

I asked someone, according to that they only need from last fiscal year.

I’m confused totally.

please help, if anybody know.

thanks in advance
I believe this will only be asked by OINP from the employer during assessment/completeness stage . The employer should provide the pay stubs, current year should suffice.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
Hi
Did you guys have to notify OINP about that case? Or just waited? Thanks in advance!
Yes. OINP asked the employer, we were then given 90 days should the job resume. Otherwise after the 90 the application will be returned. After resumption we informed OINP by uploading letter from the employer. OINP still confirmed the authenticity of the letter with the employer. Since then application moved from await information, to assessment and now its at DIP stage.

iukhan

Aug 24, 2020
With today's NOIs, OINP seems to have been left with ONLY 870 plus nominations. Master stream has yet to open for the first time in 2020. Is the province expecting additional allocations from IRCC. If not how come they will accommodate all applications that are in final stages with pending decision. Any thoughts?

Last edited: