+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ABOUT LMO..

leoj_09

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
- how long is the processing of LMO?..

- and can i follow up it immigration by online so i know if this has a progress caused my employer submitted it last year on Dec. 07 2010 and i'm still waiting for it to take a Vacation..

thx in advance!!

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You employer can call Service Canada and asked for the progress of the LMO application; you can't do that. It's been more than three months, that is a long time. Hopefully your employer did everything that Service Canada requires - recruitment efforts with the job bank before filing the application in your favour.

leoj_09 said:
- how long is the processing of LMO?..

- and can i follow up it immigration by online so i know if this has a progress caused my employer submitted it last year on Dec. 07 2010 and i'm still waiting for it to take a Vacation..

thx in advance!!

leoj_09

Star Member
Jul 13, 2010
when i asked it to my consultant LMO processing sometimes takes like 115 days..on my info this is only takes like 90 days..

anyway what is our status now were still working at the same employer with LMO/Contract expired?..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Hope your WP is still valid (not expired). Otherwise, without a valid work permit and no WP application in progress (no implied status), then you are working illegally.

leoj_09 said:
when i asked it to my consultant LMO processing sometimes takes like 115 days..on my info this is only takes like 90 days..

anyway what is our status now were still working at the same employer with LMO/Contract expired?..

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Were you "in status" (meaning, work permit still valid), when you sent your application for the Work Permit? Then you are on implied status and can continue working under the same conditions of your original WP. If you're not in status when you submitted the WP application then you needed to submit an application for restoration of status together with the WP app and can only work once you have the new WP.

job_seeker said:
Note that they have not submitted applications for work permits yet.