+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about date first became qualified to practice in this occupation

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
Hello, everyone. I have a question about "date first became qualified to practice in this occupation" when filling out the online EE questionnaire.

I got the bachelor degree abroad in 2012 and worked in the same country for one year as engineer. In 2013, I came to study for a Master degree in Canada and got the degree in 2015. Right now I have been working for one year as an engineer in Canada. I am filling out the EE system questionnaire about my "date to become qualified to practice" in engineer position.

So should I enter the "2012“ (bachelor degree from aboard) or 2015 (master degree from Canada)?

Thanks.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
As far as i know some engineer professions require mandatory certification to practice. This question relates to that.

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
Hello, sir. Thanks for replying. My field is in the high tech area semiconductor industry. I think there is no certification for that though.

The reason I was asking the initial question is that because I have one year foreign working experience. If I put "2015" as the "date first became qualified to practice in this occupation" in the questionnaire, I am concerned that my 2012 work experience will not count in the ranking system. Which year do you think is legitimate answer for the questionnaire?

Thanks.

lili2307338

Mar 12, 2016
andy108 said:
As far as i know some engineer professions require mandatory certification to practice. This question relates to that.
Hello, sir. Thanks for replying. My field is in the high tech area semiconductor industry. I think there is no certification for that though.

The reason I was asking the initial question is that because I have one year foreign working experience. If I put "2015" as the "date first became qualified to practice in this occupation" in the questionnaire, I am concerned that my 2012 work experience will not count in the ranking system. Which year do you think is legitimate answer for the questionnaire?

Thanks.

nhabib

Feb 26, 2018
Initially I thought it would be the date when you became qualified to practise in Canada but a lawyer told me that you put the date when you became qualified in your country. Since you worked in your country, so your country's law is applicable for you.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Initially I thought it would be the date when you became qualified to practise in Canada but a lawyer told me that you put the date when you became qualified in your country. Since you worked in your country, so your country's law is applicable for you.
The post was from 2 yrs before. Yes, the date is from when you completed your first degree for that particular profession.Hope someone finds this helpful now.

nhabib

Feb 26, 2018
In his/her own country right? Becos the website's answer seemed that it should be the date when someone get the minimum degree required to practise in Canada.
The post was from 2 yrs before. Yes, the date is from when you completed your first degree for that particular profession.Hope someone finds this helpful now.

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
In his/her own country right? Becos the website's answer seemed that it should be the date when someone get the minimum degree required to practise in Canada.
Whichever country you started working after you completed your degree. "minimum degree required to practise in Canada" implies the same thing. It means, you complete the degree in any country, which will make you eligible to practice in Canada.

nhabib

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks for the reply but I am a bit confused. I am applying under 4011(University Lecturer) and in BD, we become eligible to work after BSC (2014 for me) and I am working for 3years now. But for Canada I need an MSC and it was done on oct 2017. So should I mention 2014 or 2017?

ishq74

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2017
Thanks for the reply but I am a bit confused. I am applying under 4011(University Lecturer) and in BD, we become eligible to work after BSC (2014 for me) and I am working for 3years now. But for Canada I need an MSC and it was done on oct 2017. So should I mention 2014 or 2017?
Your company (University) have given you the job according to their own entry criteria not Canadian criteria! You are showing experience at your country not in Canada, so it is obvious that your qualification date to do this job would be the date when a person gets qualified to do this job in your country. If you were qualified to this job in your country after bachelors then it is the date you graduated which is 2014!

Hope this clears your doubts!

nhabib

Feb 26, 2018
Your company (University) have given you the job according to their own entry criteria not Canadian criteria! You are showing experience at your country not in Canada, so it is obvious that your qualification date to do this job would be the date when a person gets qualified to do this job in your country. If you were qualified to this job in your country after bachelors then it is the date you graduated which is 2014!

Hope this clears your doubts!
Clearer than ever! Thanks a lot. I have been looking for this answer becos without that I am not able to submit ITA. I will count on you and answer accordingly. Thanks again buddy.