+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

About citizenship application document

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Hello, I think this probably has been asked before. But it seems that I couldn't find a conclusive answer looking at the previous thread. I am just wondering what supporting documents (single applicant) should I include in the citizenship application.

The following is what I found on the CIC website.

(1) Citizenship application form (CIT 0002e-2)
(2) Online Physical Presence Calculation form (or CIT 0407)
(3) photocopy of bio page of passport
(4) photocopy of driver license/health card
(5) Two photos
(6) Proof of adequate knowledge of English
(7) Document checklist form (CIT 0007e-2)

And on top of that, should I also include "5 years of T4, bedroom/house rental lease, bank statement, photocopy of COPR, photocopies previous work/study permit" and RCMP police certificate?

Thanks a lot.

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Well, the IRCC website is the official source...
I'm pretty sure they got their list right :rolleyes:

sistemc

Feb 2, 2014
Hello, I think this probably has been asked before. But it seems that I couldn't find a conclusive answer looking at the previous thread. I am just wondering what supporting documents (single applicant) should I include in the citizenship application.

The following is what I found on the CIC website.

(1) Citizenship application form (CIT 0002e-2)
(2) Online Physical Presence Calculation form (or CIT 0407)
(3) photocopy of bio page of passport
(4) photocopy of driver license/health card
(5) Two photos
(6) Proof of adequate knowledge of English
(7) Document checklist form (CIT 0007e-2)

And on top of that, should I also include "5 years of T4, bedroom/house rental lease, bank statement, photocopy of COPR, photocopies previous work/study permit" and RCMP police certificate?

Thanks a lot.
Don’t forget written confirmation from your dentist that you regularly brush your teeth.

And just to be double sure add the same from your family doctor confirming that you wash your ears.

Why is so hard to follow very simple and straightforward IRCC instructions? Provide no less, and no more of what is requested. Anything else would just put unnecessary additional and time consuming burden to the application processing officers.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Don’t forget written confirmation from your dentist that you regularly brush your teeth.

And just to be double sure add the same from your family doctor confirming that you wash your ears.

Why is so hard to follow very simple and straightforward IRCC instructions? Provide no less, and no more of what is requested. Anything else would just put unnecessary additional and time consuming burden to the application processing officers.
Y
Send in what they ask for. Not more, not less. Simple!
Hello Sir, yes, because I was thinking about maybe more documents can help them process it smoothly. Otherwise the CIC may come back and ask for those documents, and going back and forth with CIC is consuming.

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017
Well, the IRCC website is the official source...
I'm pretty sure they got their list right :rolleyes:
Hello Sir, just wondering if you have sent/finish the citizenship application?And you only send the documents listed on the CIC website?

bottomline123

Jan 5, 2017

Hello Sir, sure, I am just wondering that do you know how long does it take for CIC to respond if they require extra document in the future?I am just concerned that if they need extra document and even I send the required document back promtly by mail(2-3 business days), that may still impede the application process and result in long processing time. So I am just wondering how long usually does it take for CIC to respond to extra document?

SunnyWays

Star Member
Dec 28, 2017

my comment below is just for light humor, not to be taken seriously, all this stressful processing of applications we need something to smile
:Di did send the confirmation for the brushing teeth part but couldn't get the confirmation of washing ear from my doctor:D

Seym

Champion Member
Nov 6, 2017
Hello Sir, just wondering if you have sent/finish the citizenship application?And you only send the documents listed on the CIC website?
Only those and nothing more. And I'm Canadian after a super smooth process.
Do the same. If IRCC wants more from you, they'll ask for it. There is no reason to for the vast majority of applicants :)

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

In my application there are 2 members. Me and spouse.

Do I need to send two Document checklist forms (CIT 0007e-2) or only one for both of us.

Some things apply to spouse, but not to me like Name change docs.

Thanks

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
Hi,

In my application there are 2 members. Me and spouse.

Do I need to send two Document checklist forms (CIT 0007e-2) or only one for both of us.

Some things apply to spouse, but not to me like Name change docs.

Thanks
need 2 checklist . 2 separate applicants right?

visa_4all

Jul 26, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
need 2 checklist . 2 separate applicants right?
Thank you for your reply.

What do you mean by separate applicants? Can we both put our forms together in one package and send it.

Do I need to send two separate applications or two application in one package.

Please suggest.

Thanks

bobbyputhenveettil

Star Member
Dec 31, 2012
India
Category........
Visa Office......
SOWP online, Canada visa office-bangalore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
05-06-2015
Passport Req..
16-06-2015 submitted on 18-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
07-07-2015
2 application, 2 checklist and 2 copies of citizenship fees if you paid both together, then put it in one envelope . write any one of you guys name and address on the front of the envelope. I think u got it.

Reactions: visa_4all