+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

about arriving....

Bella07

Dec 6, 2009
Hi guys;

Im a seasonal farm worker and i only have 8 months working visa and assigned to work in Toronto, Ontario this coming May. I just wanna know if its true that when I arrived at airport, the immigration will check my luggage?

Thanks in advance...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

Bella07 said:
Hi guys;

Im a seasonal farm worker and i only have 8 months working visa and assigned to work in Toronto, Ontario this coming May. I just wanna know if its true that when I arrived at airport, the immigration will check my luggage?

Thanks in advance...
It depends, if you are from a Caribbean country that has a drug problem, then most likely. So don't carry anything stupid in your luggage.

sdi

Jan 25, 2010
I've got a question about arriving at the airport, too. Is it true that you need to know where you will stay the first nights? A friend of mine told me that when she arrived in Toronto the immmigration officer wanted the address of her friend she was going to visit, which she didn't know by heart. So she was stuck there for hours until they verified the address and she had to be picked up by her friend to be allowed to leave.
Sounds kinda paranoid to me.
Is that a normal process?

TorontoGal

Apr 13, 2010
yes, when my caregiver arrived the immigration officer called me ancd confirmed she was going to be working for me and who i send to pick her up at the airport with name.

Bella07

Dec 6, 2009
HI, thanks for the informations you share. I just wanna know what is the procedure i need to undergo when i arrived at the airport in Canada.Specially in Toronto, Canada before they give me my working permit.

Sorry guys, this is my first time to travel and just wanna know the procedure. And i also heard something that they are really checking your luggage like if you bring too much clothes or things? Can you kindly give me some tips about the kind of question they are going to ask me.

Im going to work there as a Seasonal Farm Worker and my visa will expire by end of November.Please give me some advise and help about this or about arriving at the airport. I will really appreciate it so much.

Thank you in advance and God bless!!! This forum helps a lot.