none
Passport Req..
28-11-2012 (copy only)
VISA ISSUED...
05-12-2012
LANDED..........
15-12-2012
Hello,

This is a bit of a prospective question, as we're still years away from a citizenship application.

I read on Eileen Finn's excellent website that people may get a residence questionnaire if they "self-identified as a consultant, self-employed or unemployed, with any travel during the relevant 4 year period."

http://residencequestionnaire.wordpress.com/rq-risk-indicators/

Unfortunately, the cases in which people are exempted from an RQ on these grounds seem to be redacted from the Access to Information documents she's posted. I'm wondering if people who declare short periods of self-employment/unemployment during the four years have tended to get the RQ if they have work and study periods totalling safely more than three years.

Also, what do we know about this 48-month timeline for people who have gotten an RQ? If people submit solid and straightforward evidence with their RQ, are they often subjected to this extraordinary kind of wait? Put another way, is this kind of wait reserved for what might be called non-routine "non-routine cases" - i.e., ones where the government has actual concerns, as opposed to self-imposed red tape?

As an aside, I find it shameful that we're sitting here having to calculate how months or years after my wife becomes eligible she should actually apply, in order to avoid having her application gather dust on some shelf and lose precious years.