AOR Received.
March 2011
Med's Done....
expired, need a redo
Interview........
October 4th, 2012 --REFUSED with letter on Nov 8th 2012
VISA ISSUED...
Won appeal 8/15
In my wife's refusal letter one of the reasons stated is...

'Principal Applicant is unable to demonstrate as of this date that sponsor has done anything to prepare for her arrival in Canada despite having been married for two years.'

Can anyone tell me what I (the sponsor) was supposed to do?

She gets here, moves in with me, goes to school and works part-time. What was I missing? Thanks.

M

mikeymyke

Did you explain to CIC what your plans are for when she comes here? What your job and salary is? What she plans to take for school or do for a job? Where you and her will be living?

For myself, I wrote a lengthy cover letter, describing why our relationship is genuine, why it wasn't done for gaining status, and in that letter, I also wrote what our plans are for Canada in detail, and also wrote what our plans are should the application fail (Plan B = live in Vietnam). Those plans included where we live, what our jobs will be, whether buy or rent a house, living with parents or not, etc etc.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello121 said:

'Principal Applicant is unable to demonstrate as of this date that sponsor has done anything to prepare for her arrival in Canada despite having been married for two years.'

She gets here, moves in with me, goes to school and works part-time. What was I missing? Thanks.
In isolation, that reason is of limited help. You would have to publish the rest of the reasons.
My instinct is that the visa officer has suspected a "Marriage of Convenience".

Gumper

Jan 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
11-03-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Hello121 said:

'Principal Applicant is unable to demonstrate as of this date that sponsor has done anything to prepare for her arrival in Canada despite having been married for two years.' Can anyone tell me what I (the sponsor) was supposed to do? She gets here, moves in with me, goes to school and works part-time. What was I missing? Thanks.
Wow that does seem pretty harsh. Did they summon your wife for an interview, since it states that the applicant hasn't demonstrated proof of your intentions together? I was also fairly pithy about our plans, i.e. once approved my wife will join me, hopefully pursue a career similar to what she currently does, etc. She does have a degree & job experience, so hopefully that will help, but nothing can be known 100% until she hits the ground.

Harju

Star Member
Apr 4, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Seoul
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/09/2010
AOR Received.
25/10/2010
Passport Req..
02/11/2011
VISA ISSUED...
28/11/2011
LANDED..........
31/12/2011
It seems to me there was a similar post a few months ago. Additional information on the plans to move to Canada was requested as the VO felt that, although the relationship was geniune, the spouse was not really interested in establishing a life in Canada but was getting PR for the convenience of travelling to Canada and as a safety net for the future. I think the applicant had a successful business or career and had not demonstrated any plans to change those and establish themselves in Canada.

I agree with Mikeymyke, they are looking for a plan and any demonstrable proof that the plan is being acted upon (contacting prospective employers, schools etc.). This could include emails between the spouses discussing the logistics of the move to Canada, leaving her old job, moving in, job searchs, what schools to go to etc.

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
Harju said:
I agree with Mikeymyke, they are looking for a plan and any demonstrable proof that the plan is being acted upon (contacting prospective employers, schools etc.). This could include emails between the spouses discussing the logistics of the move to Canada, leaving her old job, moving in, job searchs, what schools to go to etc.
My wife didn't provide anything of the sort. In her initial application she stated that she plans on getting licensed in Ontario to work in the health care industry as she did in New York. And that was pretty much it. No other plans or proof was offered. I didn't realize they expect to see tangible proof like that...

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Are these plans required for sponsors who are living abroad and need to show intent to live in Canada?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
SenoritaBella said:
Are these plans required for sponsors who are living abroad and need to show intent to live in Canada?
For sponsors abroad, yes they want to see some concrete plan of moving back to Canada and support oneself (and the applicant). But the OP is sponsoring outland.

M

mikeymyke

I just realized something, the OP had interview on October 2012, and then was refused a month later. I know that for sponsors living in Canada, they don't have to show tons of proof as to how to prepare for their spouse's arrival, but I think what happened was his wife had an interview, the officer asked his wife about what she plans to do when she goes to Canada, and maybe the wife gave a really vague response, or couldn't provide a good answer.

Also looking at the other posts, VO states they haven't demonstrated ongoing communication, and the OP indicates that "not preparing for wife's arrival" was just ONE of the reasons for refusal, I think maybe there's more to this case.

But I'm pretty happy the OP seems to take the refusal pretty well, even jokes about the whole thing, and has Plan B to live in Cambodia (which by the way, is one of the poorest nations in Asia) with his wife if the PR doesn't go through, thumbs up to him.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
keesio said:
My wife didn't provide anything of the sort. In her initial application she stated that she plans on getting licensed in Ontario to work in the health care industry as she did in New York. And that was pretty much it. No other plans or proof was offered. I didn't realize they expect to see tangible proof like that...
Granted . . . but I suspect an application from your VO as compared to one from Singapore unfortunately is a completely different experience. Notwithstanding the consensus there's more to this one than being alluded to.

dozel

Star Member
Feb 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa --> LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May-30-2013
AOR Received.
June-03-2013
Med's Done....
March-26-2013
Interview........
August-12-2014 (passed)
Passport Req..
September-24-2014
VISA ISSUED...
October-03-2014
Hello121 said:

It's your wife's refusal or your sponsorship(the 1st stage) refusal? If it's your sponsorship refusal, you may need to demonstrate your financial status that is sufficient to support your wife for 3 years.

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
mikeymyke said:
Did you explain to CIC what your plans are for when she comes here? What your job and salary is? What she plans to take for school or do for a job? Where you and her will be living?

For myself, I wrote a lengthy cover letter, describing why our relationship is genuine, why it wasn't done for gaining status, and in that letter, I also wrote what our plans are for Canada in detail, and also wrote what our plans are should the application fail (Plan B = live in Vietnam). Those plans included where we live, what our jobs will be, whether buy or rent a house, living with parents or not, etc etc.
so is it recommended to mention our plans for Canada, and what are plan is if the application fails???? for instance in my case, my husband is Canadian and I am from the US, should we mention what are our plans (living, career, etc.) ? in what part of the application should we write about it?

keesio

VIP Member
May 16, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-01-2013
Doc's Request.
09-07-2013
AOR Received.
30-01-2013
File Transfer...
11-02-2013
Med's Done....
02-01-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
12-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
15-08-2013
LANDED..........
14-10-2013
ovasquez1 said:
so is it recommended to mention our plans for Canada, and what are plan is if the application fails???? for instance in my case, my husband is Canadian and I am from the US, should we mention what are our plans (living, career, etc.) ? in what part of the application should we write about it?
As truesmile alluded to, I'm sure certain visa offices get a bit more scrutiny than others. I didn't provide any such information. But overall it seems Canadian-US couples without any red flags get less scrutiny. So unless your application has some red flags, you can probably leave it alone

ovasquez1

Star Member
Dec 15, 2011
Visa Office......
CPP-O
App. Filed.......
March 28, 2014
AOR Received.
May 14, 2014
File Transfer...
May 15, 2014
Med's Done....
March 10, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM July 19, 2014 : COPR July 22, 2014
LANDED..........
August 19, 2014
keesio said:
As truesmile alluded to, I'm sure certain visa offices get a bit more scrutiny than others. I didn't provide any such information. But overall it seems Canadian-US couples without any red flags get less scrutiny. So unless your application has some red flags, you can probably leave it alone
Thanks for replying, we have one red flag ( I think...I have mention before) he hasn't met my family in person, only over the phone, facebook, ect. I will add it, for my own peace of mind I think. Thanks again. :)