+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A quick question about processing the application

inaina

Nov 3, 2009
Hey guys,

Could anyone tell me, please, when it is considered that the application process for PR has begun? If my husband submits all the paperwork for getting approved as my sponsor, does it already mean that I can't leave Canada and go back to my home country? Or is it ok to be away from country as long as the PR process hasn't begun yet?

It's so confusing. We've been planning to get married and start my immigration process, but there's an emergency in my family and I have to go back to Europe next week. I wonder what would happen if we got married right now, submitted all the paperwork for sponsorship approval a.s.a.p. and then I would go back home and stay until it has been approved or come back to Canada even before it gets approved and only then would apply for PR.
Do you think it's too unrealistic and will I have problems on the border when I have to go back to the country?

I'll be very grateful for any kind of information.
Thank you,
Ina

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you're applying outland, there is no reason why you need to stay in Canada. You can leave whenever you want. If you are applying inland then you are taking your chances by leaving. If for whatever reason you are not let back into the country then your application would be forfeited. They're certainly not going to give you a problem when you try to leave -- the problem that may arise is when you try to re-enter Canada.