+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A quick question about medical examination

inaina

Nov 3, 2009
Hey gyus,

I'm a bit confused and hoping you might help me.
I'm in Lithuania now and coming back to Canada in 2 weeks. My boyfriend and I are planning to get married then and start an outland immigration process (hopefully). Should I get my medical examination done now here? I hear it takes a good while for it to be forwarded to Canada. But if we're doing this outland thing, maybe it's not Canada then that it has to got o?
I'm hoping to be in Canada while my application is being processed, so if I don't get it done now here in Lithuania, will I be able to get it done there?
Can't I just get the results from the doctor and enclose everything to my paperwork when I send it out for sponsorship approval?
Sorry, I know this sounds confusing. I don't even know how to ask... Really not sure how this works.
It would be great if you could help me.

Thank you,
Ina

ariell

Oct 9, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You can either get the medical done in Lithuania or in Canada. It doesn't matter where you get it done but it must be done by a designated medical practitioner (DMP). Check the CIC website for a list of available DMPs. If you can get the medical done before you leave, my guess is that it would be cheaper to do there than in Canada so call and check.

When you do the medical, the doctor will give you a signed copy of IMM 1017 which is your proof that you did the medical. You submit this along with all your application forms and documents to the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. The actual medical results are sent to the Regional Medical Centre for your area and will be sent to the visa office once they request it.

maja22

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
LANDED..........
28-05-2011
inaina said:
that's great,
thank you very much!
Hi Inaina,

have you received your PR yet? as I understand you applied from outland?