+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Question to be answered

asimabbas

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Hi All

I have done a Postgraduate diploma from a college in London. I have applied for study permit on a Two year Diploma from London VO,however,I got denial and given multi reasons but the main reason I think was my immigration status as my visa was running out anyway now I want to do it again from Pakistan.But this time I selected an English Course in A Languge School of University of Toronto to meet the language criteria they set for Academic Education.

As I will explain to VO in SOP what I want to do after this Course.

Will It be okey for me?

asimabbas

Star Member
Aug 24, 2011
Thanks for your reply

If I take ESL +a Buiness-operation Two year diploma as I haven't got IELTS, THEN?

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
asimabbas said:
Hi All

I have done a Postgraduate diploma from a college in London. I have applied for study permit on a Two year Diploma from London VO,however,I got denial and given multi reasons but the main reason I think was my immigration status as my visa was running out anyway now I want to do it again from Pakistan.But this time I selected an English Course in A Languge School of University of Toronto to meet the language criteria they set for Academic Education.

Will It be okey for me?
Can you share the reasons of your rejection?

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
Taking an english course is not a strong/convincing reason to be granted a student visa to Canada:
1. You can still meet the criteria by taking english classes in Pakistan and writing the IELTS/TOEFL in order to meet the language criteria, right?
2. You have a post-graduate diploma from London, you must have done ok with english to earn it, right?

If you had a post-grad diploma, why apply for a diploma again? Should have gone for a Masters. They may have thought you did it just to extend your status.

asimabbas said:
Hi All

Will It be okey for me?

am84pm

Oct 25, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SenoritaBella said:
Taking an english course is not a strong/convincing reason to be granted a student visa to Canada:
1. You can still meet the criteria by taking english classes in Pakistan and writing the IELTS/TOEFL in order to meet the language criteria, right?
2. You have a post-graduate diploma from London, you must have done ok with english to earn it, right?

If you had a post-grad diploma, why apply for a diploma again? Should have gone for a Masters. They may have thought you did it just to extend your status.
Totally agree.

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
If you are truly interested in furthering your studies, a Masters or PhD seems like the next step. There are professors usually accepting students for their research group - you may want to find out if any of their research interests you. This way, you may have your tuition and living expenses paid for and minimise the burden to show a lot of funds for your upkeep.

asimabbas said:
Thanks, I will what you suggest