+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A November Applicant being refused - Need advices from experts pls !!!

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
Dear Experts.

well, i m so anxious i received my passport yesterday with no visa stamp and rejection letter due to below mentioned two concerns from an unsatisfied officer in Srilanka,

01) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. in reaching this decision, i considered several factors, including,

- limited employment prospects in your country
- Your current employment situation
- your personal assets and financial status

with respect to this concern, i am not agreed with srilankan Canadian high commission officer as srilanka's unemployment rate is really law. by the time i lodged my TWP file in Srilanka i wasnt employed as i am a recent graduate from UK with 3years experience in restaurant management. Currently, i m working in Srilanka though. As per my personal assets i showed $21000 in my mother's a/c with her consent letter saying she would be sponsored until my stay in Canada. (These all had been recommended by the agency which is in Alberta)

02) Not a valid contract on the file

According to this concern, there is nothing wrong with my contract my LMO and contract is up to date. however, by the time i submitted my application i had only a copy of the contract which had been sent through email from my employer. My agent advised me its not necessary to submit the original contract to CIC for application process

could any of experts here advice me if i want to re apply for TWP under same employer do i need to have a original job contract in my hand or a copy would be enough?

Also i am very frustrated if it would be the same matter again to reapply for TWP inside Srilanka by looking at the immigration officer's concern? Shall i reapply under above circumstances ?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Thanks !!!

NOC6641

Star Member
Jun 10, 2013
Hi Hikkaduwa

I am so sorry to hear your news.I know how you feel.I have been through this before as well.

You know I have applied again in a defferent TWP this time.

I am an applicant in alberta too,Applied in july last year .have'nt heard from the V/O since yesterday.they sent a mail to my agency in canada to collect my docs yesterday.as you may aware the CHC Office in Colombo closed on fridays, on my letter it says "decision has been made on your application".

do you know what does that mean?.I am so nervous at the moment after seeing your message here.
I am going to have to wait until monday to collect my passport.

Did you apply through sharmila? and did you do your medicals prior to that?

How did they inform you regarding your passport collection?.

looking foward to hearing from you.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
hikkaduwa said:
Dear Experts.

well, i m so anxious i received my passport yesterday with no visa stamp and rejection letter due to below mentioned two concerns from an unsatisfied officer in Srilanka,

01) You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for your stay. in reaching this decision, i considered several factors, including,

- limited employment prospects in your country
- Your current employment situation
- your personal assets and financial status

with respect to this concern, i am not agreed with srilankan Canadian high commission officer as srilanka's unemployment rate is really law. by the time i lodged my TWP file in Srilanka i wasnt employed as i am a recent graduate from UK with 3years experience in restaurant management. Currently, i m working in Srilanka though. As per my personal assets i showed $21000 in my mother's a/c with her consent letter saying she would be sponsored until my stay in Canada. (These all had been recommended by the agency which is in Alberta)

02) Not a valid contract on the file

According to this concern, there is nothing wrong with my contract my LMO and contract is up to date. however, by the time i submitted my application i had only a copy of the contract which had been sent through email from my employer. My agent advised me its not necessary to submit the original contract to CIC for application process

could any of experts here advice me if i want to re apply for TWP under same employer do i need to have a original job contract in my hand or a copy would be enough?

Also i am very frustrated if it would be the same matter again to reapply for TWP inside Srilanka by looking at the immigration officer's concern? Shall i reapply under above circumstances ?

Look forward to hearing from you all

Thanks !!!
Hi,

Sorry to hear about your refusal.

One advise I can give is you need to have a full time job in your country before you will apply. You have to show to the VO that you have strong ties to your home country like assets, job, bank account with money(your own not your mother) house,and many more.

You need to request the agency in Alberta to mail the documents not through email. Give them the letter from the Service Canada for the positive LMO and also the contract(signed by you and the employer)

Yes you can reapply again and try your luck!

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
I am sorry about your rejection. If you research all the other rejections on forum you may get a better understanding of the reasons. Also, order your GCMS notes if you plan to reapply.
What I would see from the information you gave: The amount in the account is good, but the funds are not yours. You are a recent graduate which explains WHY, but you are still unemployed. If the employment situation at home is good then wait until you have been working for at least a year before reapplying to prove that you have good potential to work. Build savings in your own account and make sure you keep evidence showing it is YOUR money, not a loan.
One of the biggest hurdles to overcome is to prove you have strong ties to your home country. Being single, unemployed and having no funds of your own would make it unlikely that a temporary visa would be granted. Having studied internationally and returned home provides good evidence of abiding by visa rules is positive, but does not outweigh the negatives.

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

One advise I can give is you need to have a full time job in your country before you will apply. You have to show to the VO that you have strong ties to your home country like assets, job, bank account with money(your own not your mother) house,and many more.

You need to request the agency in Alberta to mail the documents not through email. Give them the letter from the Service Canada for the positive LMO and also the contract(signed by you and the employer)

Carlaganda23 said:
Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I do have a full time job in Srilanka right now.
Would that be oky if i joint my moms' funds under my name (Joint fixed deposits)?

With respects to the original LMO and contract, my agent told me they are not able to send originals by post. i received a copy of positive LMO and a copy of contract which signed only by the employer.. i wasnt made aware about necessity of my signature as it was a copy.

Could you pls advice me what would be in a Job contract letter for TWP Canada ?.. do the both parties has to sign? (of course i know that a job contract should be signed by employer and employee) but i m new to this TWP process. i was extreamly trusted my agent as it seems not a scam. do i need to submit the original LMO as well?

Pls look forward to hearing from you
Thnks again

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
Pippin said:
I am sorry about your rejection. If you research all the other rejections on forum you may get a better understanding of the reasons. Also, order your GCMS notes if you plan to reapply.
What I would see from the information you gave: The amount in the account is good, but the funds are not yours. You are a recent graduate which explains WHY, but you are still unemployed. If the employment situation at home is good then wait until you have been working for at least a year before reapplying to prove that you have good potential to work. Build savings in your own account and make sure you keep evidence showing it is YOUR money, not a loan.
One of the biggest hurdles to overcome is to prove you have strong ties to your home country. Being single, unemployed and having no funds of your own would make it unlikely that a temporary visa would be granted. Having studied internationally and returned home provides good evidence of abiding by visa rules is positive, but does not outweigh the negatives.
Thanks for the quick reply. its really upsetting..i had everything in fist and i lost it..
Could you pls explain what is GSMS and from where and how do i request it

Thanks

hikkaduwa

Jan 29, 2014
NOC6641 said:
Hi Hikkaduwa

I am so sorry to hear your news.I know how you feel.I have been through this before as well.

You know I have applied again in a defferent TWP this time.

I am an applicant in alberta too,Applied in july last year .have'nt heard from the V/O since yesterday.they sent a mail to my agency in canada to collect my docs yesterday.as you may aware the CHC Office in Colombo closed on fridays, on my letter it says "decision has been made on your application".

do you know what does that mean?.I am so nervous at the moment after seeing your message here.
I am going to have to wait until monday to collect my passport.

Did you apply through sharmila? and did you do your medicals prior to that?

How did they inform you regarding your passport collection?.

looking foward to hearing from you.
Hi ,

My advice is just dont panic.. you just got a two days wait as you have already been waiting for months and months..

Whatever it is just face.. it will be positive and You will be oky..

Give us updates..

WIsh you all the very best

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp
This will give you information in ordering GCMS. They are the computer notes the VO makes about your application so it may give you more information on which to improve your next application.
Using a joint account with your mother is a weak position and automatically makes the VO think you have no money of your own.

Pippin

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2010
In a temporary visa application you are proving you have good reason to come home. You have good employment as Evidenced By a decent amount in your bank account. If this money was earned by your mother, it does nothing to show your ties to home. The money isn't so much about showing you can afford to live in Canada, but that you are more likely not to overstay in Canada if you can show good prospects at home.