+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A nanny wants to apply for live-in caregiver.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Hi there,

How can I prove nanny (au pair) experience for getting LCP?

-If I work as a live-in nanny (au pair) in Canada.
-If I work as a live-in nanny (au pair) in other countries?

Employment contract and payslip is enough?

Is anyone applied for LCP by nanny experience?

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Hi,

I'm working as a nanny now for applying for LCP. My employer pays via direct debit into my bank, so my bank statements shows that I have got money (salary) from them. However I haven't paid taxes.

-The employer contract
-The reference
-The bank statements

Are those enough for proof of my nanny experience?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Do you have a WP with your employer?

02020202 said:
Hi,

I'm working as a nanny now for applying for LCP. My employer pays via direct debit into my bank, so my bank statements shows that I have got money (salary) from them. However I haven't paid taxes.

-The employer contract
-The reference
-The bank statements

Are those enough for proof of my nanny experience?

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Thank you for replying.
I'm working in Australia now. I have an Australian working holiday visa here, and after I worked for 12 months, I want to move to Canada and apply for LCP. I'm wondering if I really need tax return for proof of my nanny experience. I think a lot of nannies and babysitters don't pay taxes, so how they can prove their experiences? I hope the employer contract, the reference, and the bank statements are enough for prove my experiences.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Your contract and a certification from your employer that you worked as a nanny (should include your duties and responsibilities) should be enough proof. Why aren't you filing taxes? You don't have to pay tax, you just need the return/s.

02020202 said:
Thank you for replying.
I'm working in Australia now. I have an Australian working holiday visa here, and after I worked for 12 months, I want to move to Canada and apply for LCP. I'm wondering if I really need tax return for proof of my nanny experience. I think a lot of nannies and babysitters don't pay taxes, so how they can prove their experiences? I hope the employer contract, the reference, and the bank statements are enough for prove my experiences.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
Thank you again.
I'm not filling tax because my employer said the tax is expensive because I'm not resident and his friends' nannies are not filling. Also, I cannot work more than six months under the same employer on my work permit. I want to work for the same family more than six months.
If I worked in Canada and didn't fill tax, it would be trouble when I apply for LCP, but I'm working in not Canada. So it wouldn't be trouble, but I was wondering that I cannot prove my work experience because I don't have tax returns.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
You just need the proof that you qualify under the live in caregiver program: 6 months care giving training certificate or one year paid experience, Canadian equivalent of finishing secondary education (12 years of education), ability to communicate in one of the official languages of Canada (English or French).

02020202 said:
Thank you again.
I'm not filling tax because my employer said the tax is expensive because I'm not resident and his friends' nannies are not filling. Also, I cannot work more than six months under the same employer on my work permit. I want to work for the same family more than six months.
If I worked in Canada and didn't fill tax, it would be trouble when I apply for LCP, but I'm working in not Canada. So it wouldn't be trouble, but I was wondering that I cannot prove my work experience because I don't have tax returns.

Star Member
May 3, 2011
I graduated from University in the US, so my language ability and education requirements would be ok. I was just wondering that how to prove my paid-nanny job to CIC without tax returns.
You think the employer contract, reference, and my bank statements (include your duties and responsibilities) would be enough, right?

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Include on the "job certification" your duties and responsibilities and have it signed by your current employer. This plus your contract should prove your nanny experience.

02020202 said:
I graduated from University in the US, so my language ability and education requirements would be ok. I was just wondering that how to prove my paid-nanny job to CIC without tax returns.
You think the employer contract, reference, and my bank statements (include your duties and responsibilities) would be enough, right?