+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A missing employment year

raju_sumit

Jul 29, 2018
India
Hi,

I have applied for express entry program. I am having 6 years of experience as a web developer. When I started my career, I joined a startup company and worked for 1 year. However, I did not get any documents from that company indicating I worked there for so and so time. Now that company is no longer in existence . So, my question is, How I am going to explain my situation to CIC? If I don't show this 1 year work experience in my express entry profile, will they reject my application?

hope2018

Champion Member
Mar 14, 2018
Hi,

I have applied for express entry program. I am having 6 years of experience as a web developer. When I started my career, I joined a startup company and worked for 1 year. However, I did not get any documents from that company indicating I worked there for so and so time. Now that company is no longer in existence . So, my question is, How I am going to explain my situation to CIC? If I don't show this 1 year work experience in my express entry profile, will they reject my application?
No, you get maximum points for foreign work experience with just 3 years of experience. You don't need to show that initial one year experience under work history, instead you can show under personal history, you are not expected to show documents for personal history. It will not affect your pr application and your points will also remain the same.

raju_sumit

Jul 29, 2018
India
No, you get maximum points for foreign work experience with just 3 years of experience. You don't need to show that initial one year experience under work history, instead you can show under personal history, you are not expected to show documents for personal history. It will not affect your pr application and your points will also remain the same.
Thank you for your prompt response .Can I explain about that work experience in personal history section or I should say that I was just preparing for job in that one year? I just want to be at the safer side.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thank you for your prompt response .Can I explain about that work experience in personal history section or I should say that I was just preparing for job in that one year? I just want to be at the safer side.
you can put it in personal history.