+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

a Little bit of hope!!

MartJans

Dec 11, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I have been in the process of immigrating to Canada since November 2007. My case was a little complicated by the fact that I was previously married and have a child with the EX. But let me tell u - I did my file entirely on my own. (Except for the sponsorship :))

I got all my paper work this week and I am flying to Canada today!!! Yihou!!!!

a Little tip! I went to ask at the embassy processing my file for updates and they were more then willing to help. It takes them a couple of seconds to check the progress on the file. I have not received any letters in the post because everytime I go and ask they finalise the next step - so I got all my letters straight from the embassy over the counter. Same for my CPR and Immigrant visa. I asked and they printed it there in front of me and affixed my visa in my passport. Thank Canada Embassy South Africa - GREAT SERVICE

(Just remember - have your immigration file number ready)

Best of luck to you all - It will happen - hopefully sooner then later :D

Now I have to learn french!!! OMG!!!! :0

LCS

May 5, 2005
MartJans said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been in the process of immigrating to Canada since November 2007. My case was a little complicated by the fact that I was previously married and have a child with the EX. But let me tell u - I did my file entirely on my own. (Except for the sponsorship :))

I got all my paper work this week and I am flying to Canada today!!! Yihou!!!!

a Little tip! I went to ask at the embassy processing my file for updates and they were more then willing to help. It takes them a couple of seconds to check the progress on the file. I have not received any letters in the post because everytime I go and ask they finalise the next step - so I got all my letters straight from the embassy over the counter. Same for my CPR and Immigrant visa. I asked and they printed it there in front of me and affixed my visa in my passport. Thank Canada Embassy South Africa - GREAT SERVICE
That is great that you were able to get information on your case. CONGRATULATIONS on your successful outcome!
Before I got my MP involved for a second time on our case and ultimately his PR was granted on July 22, my husband went personally to the Canadian Embassy in Lima in early June to ask about our case himself since I wasn't getting anywhere with emails to them. They denied him entry to the building and no one would talk to him. You are so lucky and it was so nice of the South Africa Embassy to help you.
No one had answered my emails that I started sending as of May 26, and just yesteday, over 3 weeks after he had already been granted PR, the "Read" receipts on 3 of my emails arrived in my email. The Canadian Embassy Lima is so far behind and so clueless, what a disgusting mess. That office needs to be audited on their peformance.

WELCOME TO CANADA MartJans !!

BCguy

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2008
Vancouver British Columbia
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
16-03-1976
Welcome to Canada and you dont need to learn French Unless you are moving to Quebec or New Brunswick or Eastern Ontario.