+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A Job offer from Canadien Company with positive LMO

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Hi guys,

Just to help me to decide, If I get a Job offer for Reservations Agent or Guest service agent from Canadien Company and positive LMO, and this position NOT listed on the 38 occupations for Federal Skills Worker, Can I apply for skills worker.

Please help & thank you

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

SSSK said:
Hi guys,

Just to help me to decide, If I get a Job offer for Reservations Agent or Guest service agent from Canadien Company and positive LMO, and this position NOT listed on the 38 occupations for Federal Skills Worker, Can I apply for skills worker.

Please help & thank you
They are low skilled/semi skilled occupations. So unless the LMO is for an employer in one of the Provinces that have PNP programs for low/semi skilled, you will only get a work permit for 2 years and then have to return home for 4 months. You will not be able to apply as a skilled worker.

PMM

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Dear PMM

you mean that if i get job offer plus LMO then they will give me Work permit for two years, but I am not allowed to apply after the JOB OFFER for skills worker.

please advise

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: Dear PMM

Hi

SSSK said:
you mean that if i get job offer plus LMO then they will give me Work permit for two years, but I am not allowed to apply after the JOB OFFER for skills worker.

please advise
Yes, because the work is not skilled in NOC A,B, or O.

PMM

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
what you mean NOC A,B, or O., but immigration they mentioned on the web site, that three types can apply for Federal Skills Worker. 1. one year experience with one of the 38 occupations. 2. Job offer from Canadien company plus LMO. 3. student or foregion worker for one year.

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
ATT PMM

1. According to the Minister’s instructions, your application is eligible for processing if:

you have an offer of arranged employment, OR

you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR

you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed here.

If you have an offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, it can improve your chances of having your federal skilled worker application approved.

Depending on your circumstances, the requirements for a valid offer of employment are different.

1) If you are currently working in Canada:

your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a federal skilled worker, and
your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.
In addition:

your work permit must have been confirmed by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) through a positive labour market opinion or
you must be in a category that is exempt from an Arranged Employment Opinion
in order for your offer of employment to be valid.

2) In all other cases:

You must not be working in Canada and you either

do not have a valid work permit or
you have a work permit, but your circumstances are different from those described in the first example.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Re: ATT PMM

Hi

SSSK said:
1. According to the Minister's instructions, your application is eligible for processing if:

you have an offer of arranged employment, OR

you are a foreign national who has been living legally in Canada for one year as a temporary foreign worker or an international student, OR

you are a skilled worker who has at least one year of experience in one or more of the occupations listed here.

If you have an offer of permanent employment from a Canadian employer, it can improve your chances of having your federal skilled worker application approved.

Depending on your circumstances, the requirements for a valid offer of employment are different.

1) If you are currently working in Canada:

your current employer must have made an offer to give you a permanent job if you are accepted as a federal skilled worker, and
your temporary work permit must be valid both when you apply for a permanent resident visa and when the visa is issued.
In addition:

your work permit must have been confirmed by Human Resources and Social Development Canada (HRSDC) through a positive labour market opinion or
you must be in a category that is exempt from an Arranged Employment Opinion
in order for your offer of employment to be valid.

2) In all other cases:

You must not be working in Canada and you either

do not have a valid work permit or
you have a work permit, but your circumstances are different from those described in the first example.
Please read the following highlighted section

2. If your application is eligible for processing, you must also meet the following minimum requirements to qualify as a skilled worker:

* you have at least one year of continuous full-time paid work experience or the equivalent in part-time continuous employment, AND
* your work experience must be Skill Type 0 (managerial occupations) or Skill Level A (professional occupations) or B (technical occupations and skilled trades) on the Canadian National Occupational Classification list, AND
* you must have had this experience within the last 10 years.

Neither of the OPs jobs will fall into those categories of the NOC.

PMM

PUNJAB BOY

Star Member
Dec 10, 2008
Hi,

You can not apply as skilled worker with Positive LMO. LMO is for work permits of 2 years.

In order to apply as skilled worker , you need to have Positive AEO ( Arranged employment opinion) with one year experince in any job which falls in NOC Skill level O,A,B.

So you can get work permit with LMO and then can get PR Subsequently

SSSK

Dec 29, 2008
Thank you for the rich information which explained to me all, but when I start work with that company there's no way to apply for PR, what's my option to apply for PR, which catogory, and for your info the JOb OFFER from Manitoba.

please advise

casky

Dec 3, 2008
CTV News: In Canada, 71,000 jobs were lost in November, followed by another 34,000 jobs in the final month of the year. Some economists have suggested that Canada could see up to 200,000 job losses from the economy in 2009 before an expected turnaround in 2010. Hope you can get what they want or just wait a while.