Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
jamejka1903 said:
Hi Everyone

I am new to this forum and not sure if this is the right category but I will try anyway. I came to Canada in May 2015 as a visitor. My husband got his work permit in Feb 2015 as a dump truck driver in Edmonton. Our long term plan is to get permanent residence but as my husbands work permit is not qualifying under Express Entry, its on me to get it for us. I entered the Express Entry Pool in March but with 360 points, its gonna be long story.
What I need is Canadian experience to boost my profile or qualifying work offer.
I am trying to find job from last 2 months, I even got many calls and interviews but everyone rejects me because I need LMO. I have been working for great companies, like Google before with management experience in customer services but even this does not help to get an offer.
Can anyone share their experience on how to get LMO? Is there any positive story from anyone to share?

Thanks in advance for reading my story and sharing experience.
LMOs are given daily. But not for those kind of jobs.... why? because there are too many applicants around that do no t require it so why would a company go through the LMO hassle if they can just hire the next one in line?

Also your LMO has low probabilities, you are here as a visitor and you are using your visitor status as a bridge for working.... Canada doesn't like this.

I would recommend you get an Spousal work permit attached to your husbands' WP. That has better chances, once you get a job, then getting a LMO or other offers has better chances.

karanbby

Jul 17, 2015
Chartered Accounatant from India

Hi All

I am CA karansingh From india . I am currently working in JP Morgan chase bank in Regulatory Reporting team in India

I have few questions as I am planning to apply for Canada PR
1. Do I need to give CPA exam to be called as CA in Canada or it has same recognition as what we get in India

2. How easy is for immigrant CA from India working in Bank(Finance division ) to get JOB in Canada in Banks

3. as my Family is dependent on me - so I cannot be unemployed for longer time - so is it advisable for me to plan for Canada considering the Cost of living and high taxes

4.M chartered accountant and Company secretary Inter and have exposure in Foreign Banks in Finance team

Please do reply

Regards

Karansingh

karanbby@gmail.com

sumitkathare

Feb 25, 2015
Greetings,

I have received an ITA on 17th july and I have been applying to employers in Canada via various job portals. As expected there are no replies. In your view, do employers there actually give job offers to people outside Canada.? Especially to those who have no Canadian experience whatsoever. I am asking because despite receiving a PR in future, if a job offer is not in hand, then its not practical to just land in Canada and look for a job.

How does one go about this? Any answers will help.

Thanks

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
sumitkathare said:
I have received an ITA on 17th july and I have been applying to employers in Canada via various job portals. As expected there are no replies. In your view, do employers there actually give job offers to people outside Canada.? Especially to those who have no Canadian experience whatsoever.
ITA?

Yes, they do give job offers to people out of Canada with no Canadian experience. This is quite common for skills that are hard to find in Canada, for example a fluent Nahuatl/ENglish/French speaker, or someone that is a super highly efficient computer security expert.

If you are asking about "normal" jobs, then the answer is "it is rare" (but happens).

sumitkathare said:
I am asking because despite receiving a PR in future, if a job offer is not in hand, then its not practical to just land in Canada and look for a job.
That is what is expected, that when you become a PR, you land and then look for a job.

stainless

Feb 14, 2015
Hi everyone,

Please i need advise on how to get a job in the oil and gas industry now that the price of crude is really low. I just received my landing documents. Am a Geo-scientist with close to seven years experience from west africa. What are my chances of getting a job in canada? Can i apply for graduate progromme? am long past that. Should i apply for intership for experience in the geology of the region. What province would be the best place for me to search?

Thanks a lot. Hope to receive responses soon.

lady2019

Sep 19, 2015
i like to entry canada to found a work. but my speeking of english and writing a paper for english is not pass. How to pass english to found a work in canada. pls help to go myself to canada. a buetiful country to me.