+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A few observations regarding work in Canada

Immi_advisor

Feb 2, 2013
Hello forum members,
Would love to share my experience regarding work in Canada, in Toronto specifically:
A friend of mine is seeking a sales representative for over two months already. Official and, of course, legal job with good commission, fare base etc. BUT: lots of candidates do not even bother to come to an interview after they confirm attendance. I asked a couple of other business owners and most of them agreed that it's not something of unusual.
I'm not about to advertise any job here, simply stating that difficulties with work, at least in Toronto are highly over exaggerated. Lots of candidates including recent immigrants are too lazy to come for an interview.
If you are really wishing to find a job in Canada, do not wait for it to come to you, hunt it!

sharat_joshi77

Jun 21, 2011
Brampton
Visa Office......
Mexico City
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
Mar-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
IELTS Request
May-2010
File Transfer...
May-2010
Med's Request
Nov-2011
Med's Done....
Feb-2011
Interview........
Waived off
Passport Req..
May-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June-2011
LANDED..........
Aug-2011
Immi_Adivisor, this is really strange observation.
If the employers are saying this, this is something people should be told about so that new aspirants do not get discouraged by the fact that job hunting takes long time.

Its upto individuals to pick that is in front of them.

But what you said is not unique to Canada.
Here in India as well, I am seeing such a trend. I have been to some planned recruitment drivers and people simple dont turned up.
Not sure if they get the job elsewhere or dont want to attend. Either way they should inform the employers abt this.

Atleast that is ethical thing to do in my opinion.

ahmed687aero

Feb 17, 2013
Dear Immi

Please Guide.

What ID / Legal Docs are needed by a landed FSW Engineer to start looking / apply for a Job in canadian Oil and Gas Corporation.

Additionally, pls guide about how to obtain required ID / Legal Docs once landed in Canada.

Thanks in advance.

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
sharat_joshi77 said:
Immi_Adivisor, this is really strange observation.
If the employers are saying this, this is something people should be told about so that new aspirants do not get discouraged by the fact that job hunting takes long time.

Its upto individuals to pick that is in front of them.

But what you said is not unique to Canada.
Here in India as well, I am seeing such a trend. I have been to some planned recruitment drivers and people simple dont turned up.
Not sure if they get the job elsewhere or dont want to attend. Either way they should inform the employers abt this.

Atleast that is ethical thing to do in my opinion.
Employers are also increasingly not contacting job seekers about positions. It's becoming common for employers to not even send a "thanks but no thanks" letter or email.

So it's okay for HR managers and businesses to not bother to reply to a hopeful job seeker.

This is a two way street.