+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A confusion faced in understanding the requirement of the speaking topic

Nedian0607

Star Member
Jul 5, 2011
Today I had my IELTS speaking test. The first part went fine... the cue card question was somewhat like... "do u know someone who has a healthy lifestyle... who is the person.. how do u know him... what do u like about him"
What went wrong was the I misunderstood the topic and took healthy as being prosperous and living a better life in all regards , economically, physically and family wise. But after the 2 mins of my talking were over and the examiner started the third part of discussion I realized that this was actually related to being physically healthy and I should have talked about someone who does diet, exercise and stuff.... Although I believe I spoke quite well but due to this small prob with interpretation I'm confused ... Do u think I would loose a lot of points for this ?

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nedian0607 said:
Today I had my IELTS speaking test. The first part went fine... the cue card question was somewhat like... "do u know someone who has a healthy lifestyle... who is the person.. how do u know him... what do u like about him"
What went wrong was the I misunderstood the topic and took healthy as being prosperous and living a better life in all regards , economically, physically and family wise. But after the 2 mins of my talking were over and the examiner started the third part of discussion I realized that this was actually related to being physically healthy and I should have talked about someone who does diet, exercise and stuff.... Although I believe I spoke quite well but due to this small prob with interpretation I'm confused ... Do u think I would loose a lot of points for this ?
I appreciate you for sharing your experience with us, unfortunately I'm not very fluent in speaking because my score was 4.5 on May 2011

Gsaa

Aug 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nedian0607 said:

Saeid2011

Aug 21, 2011
Iran
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MRebecca said:
If my score is at 6.5 exactly, am I passable?
You should check your score for immigration process. if you got 67 out of 100 you have eligible for that.