+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A complete way to nail 'Source of fund' dilemma!

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
anujgupta84 said:
You are right. One fellow forum member from Haryana got the regular stamp paper for submission.
Does it mean that I need to get gift deed and affidavit notarized?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
forcanada said:
Does it mean that I need to get gift deed and affidavit notarized?
He did notarize it but personally I would not do that. Since we are uploading the original document why notarize it?

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
anujgupta84 said:
He did notarize it but personally I would not do that. Since we are uploading the original document why notarize it?
Here comes another dilemma. Haha.

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
forcanada said:
Here comes another dilemma. Haha.
haha ... Its upto you. When CIC gives an additional document request, it says 'Notarized documents are not accepted'. But its how to treat your application. Keep things simple, if rest of the documents are precise and solid, nit getting notarization won't do any harm. But getting vague documents notarized won't help either. Making sense?

forcanada

Star Member
Apr 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15-01-2016
Med's Done....
25-01-2016
Passport Req..
15-06-2016
anujgupta84 said:
haha ... Its upto you. When CIC gives an additional document request, it says 'Notarized documents are not accepted'. But its how to treat your application. Keep things simple, if rest of the documents are precise and solid, nit getting notarization won't do any harm. But getting vague documents notarized won't help either. Making sense?
You are right!
Thanks a lot and good luck for your new life.

ADteam

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi anujgupta84

A little query. I am making a draft for my parents for gift deed. Could you please tell me what is "Strictly Confidential 2 P A R Y & Co." That you mentioned in your draft of gift deed. Did your parents get this gift deed document and affidavit from a lawyer or some other official person?
Thanks a lot

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
ADteam said:
Hi anujgupta84

A little query. I am making a draft for my parents for gift deed. Could you please tell me what is "Strictly Confidential 2 P A R Y & Co." That you mentioned in your draft of gift deed. Did your parents get this gift deed document and affidavit from a lawyer or some other official person?
Thanks a lot
Hey ADteam.. I just used a Googled Gift Deed format. You don't have to worry at all about the technicalities. Just include transaction details, PAN number, signature of both Donor and Donee, and mention that he doesn't expect the money in return. That's it!!

Nothing else is needed. Keep it very simple for a lehman to understand. Mention all the details in depth in the LOE attached. No need to worry about Gift Deed's wordings if you have nothing to hide.

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
OINP-7-16-2015-Declined it
Hi,

Ive had enough funds in my account for a long time-at least a year. My dad usually gives me a certain amount monthly. This has been going on for the whole time Ive lived in Canada. Do I still need to prove the source of those funds from my dad or am ok with submitting a bank statement.
Ive had the minimum amount required for POF for atleast a year.

Thanks all and God bless!

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
411 said:
Hi,

Ive had enough funds in my account for a long time-at least a year. My dad usually gives me a certain amount monthly. This has been going on for the whole time Ive lived in Canada. Do I still need to prove the source of those funds from my dad or am ok with submitting a bank statement.
Ive had the minimum amount required for POF for atleast a year.

Thanks all and God bless!
You absolutely NOT need a Gift Deed if there's balance prior to an year of your application submission. You are all set.

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Thank you so much Anuj for these complete details.

Star Member
Sep 7, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
7-10-2015
Nomination.....
OINP-7-16-2015-Declined it
Thanks alot!!!!!

God bless you all for taking time to answer our questions.

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
Kitua85 said:
Hi anujgupta84

I have recently received ITA and I am putting my supporting docs together
However I am not sure if it is compulsory that my bank statement shows 6 months of activity

The situation is as follows;

I have just re-activated the bank account which has some funds in it but no activity since 2010
My day to day account which was my first choice of account is in my country of Abode (Uk)
however due to the governments lock down on foreign exchange in my country of origin (Nigeria)
My settlements funds will be a gift from my family which I intend to support with an LOE
it has not been possible for my family to transfer the gift money into my overseas account
hence my decision to re-activate my account in Nigeria

anujgupta84, from your experiences, can you kindly advise me whether my bank statement will acceptable or
should I reject the ITA and wait for another 6 months?

Hi anujgupta84, congrats on your PPR and thanks for starting this thread. And thanks to Asivad for referring me here...

I'm in a similar situation, however my account in my home country is still active, but very little activity in the past year.

So I claimed to have $13,000 as proof of funds in my eAPR. Now my bank account balance has gone from about $12,500 to $4,500 in the last 5 months. I will be sourcing $9,000 from my family to make up the difference.

Question is... If I can't get the $9,000 into my account in my present country of abode (i.e in addition to the $4,500), can I show two accounts with $4,500 in one account (in my present country of abode) and $9,000 in a 2nd account in my home country?

If possible, please what are the necessary documents I MUST present to CIC in my case?

Thanks in anticipation.

@ Kitua85 have you been able to get the gift deed sorted?

anujgupta84

Sep 12, 2014
mcadam said:
Hi anujgupta84, congrats on your PPR and thanks for starting this thread. And thanks to Asivad for referring me here...

I'm in a similar situation, however my account in my home country is still active, but very little activity in the past year.

So I claimed to have $13,000 as proof of funds in my eAPR. Now my bank account balance has gone from about $12,500 to $4,500 in the last 5 months. I will be sourcing $9,000 from my family to make up the difference.

Question is... If I can't get the $9,000 into my account in my present country of abode (i.e in addition to the $4,500), can I show two accounts with $4,500 in one account (in my present country of abode) and $9,000 in a 2nd account in my home country?

If possible, please what are the necessary documents I MUST present to CIC in my case?

Thanks in anticipation.

@ Kitua85 have you been able to get the gift deed sorted?
Thanks mcadam, I hope you get yours soon too.. :)

If we think logically and had I been at your place:
- I will get a bank letter, each, pertaining to both of my accounts, with the respective currencies showing CAD values.
- I will get a Gift deed of $9000 being credited into my home account with all the supporting docs as required for your home country.
- An affidavit about your Father/mother/Donor being a Deponent
- All the Bank statements showing movement of funds to and fro.
- An LOE with the explanation of me maintaining two accounts with ABC, XYZ Bank. Total summation of the funds in both the accounts and their CAD value.
- Net worth certificate of the Donor to show that he/she hasn't exhausted all the savings and will survive without $9000 given to you.

This would make my case solid... isn't it?

Reactions: adityagupta88

mcadam

Star Member
Sep 6, 2015
anujgupta84 said:
Thanks mcadam, I hope you get yours soon too.. :)

If we think logically and had I been at your place:
- I will get a bank letter, each, pertaining to both of my accounts, with the respective currencies showing CAD values.
- I will get a Gift deed of $9000 being credited into my home account with all the supporting docs as required for your home country.
- An affidavit about your Father/mother/Donor being a Deponent
- All the Bank statements showing movement of funds to and fro.
- An LOE with the explanation of me maintaining two accounts with ABC, XYZ Bank. Total summation of the funds in both the accounts and their CAD value.
- Net worth certificate of the Donor to show that he/she hasn't exhausted all the savings and will survive without $9000 given to you.

This would make my case solid... isn't it?
That makes sense! Many thanks anujgupta84.