+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A boy who don't want to stay in Canada permanently.

eveyvey

Mar 22, 2010
I am a 17 year old boy whose mother is a permanent resident in Canada. I want to stay in the Philippines, my country. But my mother told me that I should get a card first so that if I go back to the Philippines, I can easily return to Canada in the future. My question is... what is that card and how long will it take for me to get that card? is it a green card? thanks...

ngk

Mar 29, 2008
yes it is like a green card. It is called PR card. to meet the PR card status, you have to be there inside Canada for 730 days in five years. you can travel back and forth

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
But, to maintain the Permanent residency status, you must spend 730 days per 5-year period in Canada. It sounds like you don`t intend to live in Canada at all, so you will lose your PR status eventually. Maybe you mother wants you to get your PR card, then return to the Philippines, and decide during the ensuing 5 years where you really want to live. If you decide to come back to Canada, you can do so easily if you decide within the first 3 years.

If you don`t have a PR card, you must apply for a tourist visa to come back to Canada, and you might be denied if Canada thinks you intend to stay, and not return to the Philippines when the tourist visa expires.