+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

A baby with my girlfriend

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Samamri said:
Msafiri. , thank you very much. Your advice and information is very useful , I appreciate that , you mentioned that I've to fill up the forms ,these forms do ask my martial status (( - they appear to presume the mother to be your spouse and vice versa so you may feel free to disregard them with an N/A or be honest and deal with any issues that arise.))
Do you mean issues regarding my wife or you mean with CIC ?
What if I disregard it with an N/A Does that mean that I'm giving a false statement ?
Your advice is highly appreciated.
My interpretation of the query in this form as supported by the instruction guide is that the marital status is that between the child's parents in relation to each other...you are not married to the child's other parent so put N/A.

Samamri

Apr 19, 2014
Samamri said:
Yes, my name of course on the birth certificate , the country is Thailand .
Thank you Msafiri, you are always wonderful and the info you provided is very useful .
I appreciate that.

ramsfe

Nov 15, 2013
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok people !

There is only one question as far as we all are concerned : The child is CANADIAN ! His father is a first generation naturalized canadian, then the son is automatically Canadian, and it would be not fair not to let him have the citizenship he already has and that needs a little formalities before it becomes effective.

Now, regarding the double life our friend is having, it is his personal issue and giving him marital advice is kind of out of our league ! Yes, the child is a dependent, whether he is Canadian or not, he is a dependent by law and not declaring him is depriving him of his legal rights....