+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

9th Draw is done . Cut off 755 . ITA: 1361 :( :(

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
:eek: :-[ :eek:

Really depressed..... :(

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/mi/index.asp?expand=mi-pr-express#mi-pr-express

Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #9 – May 22, 2015

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (May 22, 2015).

Ottawa, May 22, 2015

CHRIS ALEXANDER
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (MAY 22, 2015)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on May 22, 2015 and ending on May 23, 2015 is 1,361.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on May 23, 2015 at 00:00:00 UTC, have been assigned a total of 755 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

mbakhan

Star Member
Nov 1, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 9th Draw is done . Point 755 or more . ITA: 1361

This was expected citing the delay in the draw

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 9th Draw is done . Point 755 or more . ITA: 1361

mbakhan said:
This was expected citing the delay in the draw

Still......... :-[ :-[

jemdill

Oct 20, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Re: 9th Draw is done . Cut off 755 . ITA: 1361

GurnoorKaurPannu said:
Will it ever come down to 441?
:( :'(
It should and it will...
Hope for the best ..
I am at 430 and trying to improve IELTS
Next score will come down :D :D :D

batoolkhan

Feb 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-06-2016
Doc's Request.
No request
Nomination.....
30-5-2016
AOR Received.
03-10-2016
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
01-11-2016
Med's Done....
14-11-2016 Medical Passed......17-02-2017
Passport Req..
25-4-2017
no hopes with 329

HAILMANU

Star Member
May 19, 2015
Same here, really do not know what to do?
We can try with PNP, let me know if you are trying with PNP and how to apply

I am applying with PNP, the process takes about 6 months, im at 535 points without it so hoping the points come down low enough so i dont need it.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions you have based on my experience

Newbie4Canada

May 30, 2015
Has anyone here trird applying using the job bank? Do they really hire people outside canada using the site? I was wondering because there's a clause in the express entry that says those who are in canada will be prioritized so now I'm wondering if those outsidr canada really have the chance.

Thanks.

ASky89

Jan 26, 2015
people got refused and reapply making the cut-off score higher.
it's gonna be the same people applying and getting rejected through-out a year, making dead-circles for others whose status is about to expire.

ferop456

Jan 14, 2013
Ontario
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ASky89 said:
people got refused and reapply making the cut-off score higher.
it's gonna be the same people applying and getting rejected through-out a year, making dead-circles for others whose status is about to expire.
I agree with your point ...

In the end, some immigrants are stupid enough not to be able to apply for the application even....

No wonder some people despise them ....

ASky89

Jan 26, 2015
ferop456 said:
I agree with your point ...

In the end, some immigrants are stupid enough not to be able to apply for the application even....

No wonder some people despise them ....
Not sure what's the connection between being stupid and being despised and being an immigrant. I think the conclusions are made are based on emotional depression (I am there:)

But yes, as reading the forum, it made me observe some people rejected ITAs due to the errors in applications + counting the number of applications gor rejected applying in a new cycle. LMIA/PNP are not the easiest to obtain and I rather doubt that it's a new injection of fresh PNPs and LMIAs.

That creates an overlap and pushes the score higher pushing people in a band of below 600 at the end of the line.

It seems the Ministry is trying to close up some loopholes by introducing new measures etc. but it's more like poking around and see what the outcome is going to be like.

r_be81

Aug 23, 2014
I'm still optimistic that the points will come down. There is not alot of LMIA or PNPs circulating in Canada given the dip in the economy in certain Provinces recently. I even know some Canadians who have been laid off and are struggling to find employment so the chances of non canadians getting LMIA is few and far between. My sisters score is in the 300 range and will increase to the 400 region mark if she is successful with ICATs. The job market is weak right now in Alberta so I say the score will decrease towards the end of the summer. And let's hope lm right! Don't give up the dream 8)

quarko

Star Member
May 23, 2015
I'll add another optimistic thought in the pool:

It is quite logical, that the lower the score, the more applicants are there in the queue. So we can assume, that if there are ~1500 people waiting on the queue with scores of 700+, then there could be at least ~5000 people waiting with scores of 700- . Not only that, but the flow is constant, each month new people will decide to try entering Canada, therefore, the flow of applications will continue.

To add to that, the processing time of one application is up to 6 months, which probably has it's reasons. I'm sure there is not merely a guy clicking "Accept" button all day long, they do some checking on the background of each applicant, validate the given information, and so on. What I'm saying, is that this process requires time and money.

Now, why would they waste so much money on a bunch of people if they plan on never letting them in?

My guess is, that there are many people working in canada, who bring so much value to their employers that they go as far as to acquire LMIAs, even though the failure rate is quite high for those. Those people are in need of PR right now, they can not wait in queue for an year or two. However, the ITA count is limited for each year. Therefore, it is quite logical to skew the system in such way as to give ITAs to people that need it the most right now, and only then accept the rest.

That's why they are spending money on all those 700- score applicants: we are not filtered out by the system, we are just waiting in line and allowing people who need it more to pass without the queue.

If that would not be the case, we would have to wait in the pool even to BEGIN processing our application.

r_be81

Aug 23, 2014
quarko said:
I'll add another optimistic thought in the pool:

It is quite logical, that the lower the score, the more applicants are there in the queue. So we can assume, that if there are ~1500 people waiting on the queue with scores of 700+, then there could be at least ~5000 people waiting with scores of 700- . Not only that, but the flow is constant, each month new people will decide to try entering Canada, therefore, the flow of applications will continue.

To add to that, the processing time of one application is up to 6 months, which probably has it's reasons. I'm sure there is not merely a guy clicking "Accept" button all day long, they do some checking on the background of each applicant, validate the given information, and so on. What I'm saying, is that this process requires time and money.

Now, why would they waste so much money on a bunch of people if they plan on never letting them in?

My guess is, that there are many people working in canada, who bring so much value to their employers that they go as far as to acquire LMIAs, even though the failure rate is quite high for those. Those people are in need of PR right now, they can not wait in queue for an year or two. However, the ITA count is limited for each year. Therefore, it is quite logical to skew the system in such way as to give ITAs to people that need it the most right now, and only then accept the rest.

That's why they are spending money on all those 700- score applicants: we are not filtered out by the system, we are just waiting in line and allowing people who need it more to pass without the queue.

If that would not be the case, we would have to wait in the pool even to BEGIN processing our application.
:D :D :D :D :D :D