+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

730 days RO not met .Should i travel to canada?

freebird123

May 20, 2022
1. I applied for PR in 2018 and did a soft landing in canada in January 2019. My PR is valid till Feb 2024. However i have been in canada for only 1 day and came back to US after my soft landing. Recently i booked my US visa slot in canada for which i was planning to use my PR to enter canada. After seeing the threads on RO i am now worried that i will not be allowed into canada as i do not meet 730 days obligation even if i enter today. I have no plans to renew my PR and want to send an application to revoke PR. It is too late for me now as my travel is pretty soon and i doubt i will be able to get a travel visa to canada and PR revoked at the same time.
1. If immigration officer questions me on why i am entering to canada, can i say i am there to search for new job?.
2. In case immigration officer is not satisfied and refers me for a removal order, will i be allowed to enter canada . Will the officer confiscate my passport?
3. How long will i have between removal and appeal. I just want to get my visa stamped and get out of canada
4. Is it safer to travel by train or through flight?. Which one will have less scrutiny