+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

700 students to be deported from Canada

VishnuJ2796

Dec 18, 2018
But why ain't nobody talking how "competent" IRCC was in granting them study visa, CBSA issuing them study permit at the PoE and again IRCC approving their PGWPs? So it's understood that no authority cares about verifying information provided at least for temporary residence.

rkw94

Jan 30, 2021
But why ain't nobody talking how "competent" IRCC was in granting them study visa, CBSA issuing them study permit at the PoE and again IRCC approving their PGWPs? So it's understood that no authority cares about verifying information provided at least for temporary residence.
background checks overlooked with tr applications because that would cause too much delays

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
The Minister addressed this issue recently he says emphasis will be placed on penalizing those responsible for the frauds( the agents) than the victims( students) as long as the Students can prove that the were unaware that the documents giving to them were fake and that the were indeed coming with the purpose of studying.

rkw94

Jan 30, 2021
The Minister addressed this issue recently he says emphasis will be placed on penalizing those responsible for the frauds( the agents) than the victims( students) as long as the Students can prove that the were unaware that the documents giving to them were fake and that the were indeed coming with the purpose of studying.
How do you prove they knew or didn’t ? You can’t prove anything both ways. Plus let’s be real here, they knew. At best, The moment their university told them they weren’t sent a loa, they knew. People have been deported to innocent misrepresentation like forgetting to add they worked at subway for 2 weeks.
Also I don’t care if ircc missed it the first time. They can’t do the big background checks on temp permits or you see big backlogs and delays plus they approved them on the basis they were attending the first university

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
How do you prove they knew or didn’t ? You can’t prove anything both ways. Plus let’s be real here, they knew. At best, The moment their university told them they weren’t sent a loa, they knew. People have been deported to innocent misrepresentation like forgetting to add they worked at subway for 2 weeks.
Also I don’t care if ircc missed it the first time. They can’t do the big background checks on temp permits or you see big backlogs and delays plus they approved them on the basis they were attending the first university
As hard as it is to believe, it does happen to some people, I know of people who used agents and these agents didn't even give them the info needed to access their ircc aaccount or the email used in the application. Most at times People trust these agents completely without question since the feel there are experts In this area and the can do no wrong and also out of ignorance which is one of the main causes of this type of fraud

Reactions: hamgha

moscatojuices

Champion Member
Feb 21, 2022
I would personally deport them all to send a message that you need to make sure your own letter is genuine.

What this will now do is encourage way scams because Canada is showing leniency - which is great in isolated H&C cases, but not for study permits. I can see all the agents in India licking their lips - they'll get students to pay $25,000 for fake letters/admissions, go rogue and let IRCC deal with the mess.

andymro28

Star Member
Jul 16, 2021
I would personally deport them all to send a message that you need to make sure your own letter is genuine.

What this will now do is encourage way scams because Canada is showing leniency - which is great in isolated H&C cases, but not for study permits. I can see all the agents in India licking their lips - they'll get students to pay $25,000 for fake letters/admissions, go rogue and let IRCC deal with the mess.
But how did it take them until they applied for PR to realize these letters were fake I don’t get it. It’s Fucking stupid. Those were old documents! I don’t even think officers look that much into old documents unless something doesn’t make sense.

chidibav

Apr 22, 2023
Agreed am sure what set the alarm off was the fact that the school which gave them initial admission was never attended but it should have been traced alot earlier when the were applying for PGWP. What's still confusing is how the agents managed to fake the letter of Acceptance
But how did it take them until they applied for PR to realize these letters were fake I don’t get it. It’s Fucking stupid. Those were old documents! I don’t even think officers look that much into old documents unless something doesn’t make sense.

Reactions: canuck78

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

This has at least lead to Canada requiring better communication between the schools and IRCC which most people incorrectly assumed was already happening. Hopefully this will also lead to better communication between schools and IRCC when it comes to whether students are still attending the school and when people graduate. IRCC has often depended on the school for contacting them if students fail to attend or drop out and not all schools actually report the required information. Canada in general is too trusting and assumes that people are being honest and has good intentions in many cases.

Reactions: iSaidGoodDay

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Agreed am sure what set the alarm off was the fact that the school which gave them initial admission was never attended but it should have been traced alot earlier when the were applying for PGWP. What's still confusing is how the agents managed to fake the letter of Acceptance
Mot very hard to fake letters.

rkw94

Jan 30, 2021
over 700,000 temp visa applications, they can't properly do background on each one. There will be too many delays.

But they all should be deported, people here are getting pfl and removal orders for way less. BS that we go through all this stress and they get in by lying