+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

7 months of waiting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I really do not know what to make of it. Can you guys believe it? I am living in a foreign land where I need to have my valid passport all the time.In 2009,The local Canadian office asked me to submit my package which included my original passport,medicals and RPRF.I did just that and in a timely manner.Guess what,after that submission, it's now 7 months down the line and no decision has been made!!

I have had to do with limited travel even locally coz I do NOT have my passport with me...Why would the CIC ask for that crucial doc-PP- if they know very well they are not ready to reach a decision??? Copies of an applicant's passport would do in the meantime coz it reflects the same info as appearing in the original doc,won't it?? 7 months without my PP has been so frustrating..no bank transactions..thanks coz I havent lost my ATM card!! otherwise I would be in deep trouble.

By the way,I have written them twice.In both occassions,I got a standard reply saying-All documents have been received and that my file has been sent to the visa officer for a final review.In a span of 60days,I got a similar reply,which indicates they are copy and paste replies.

Is it really necessary to get CAIPS at this stage? With that reply at hand,what's the next set of events likely be??...Ideasssss...

prsh_patel

Feb 9, 2010
Vadodara
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
30-03-2010
IELTS Request
File Transfer...
3rd Feb 2010
Med's Request
08-07-2010
Med's Done....
13-07-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-07-2010
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2010
LANDED..........
Jan 2011
thats really bad...i suggest that you fax them and explain them abt ur situation...e.thing will be alright just keep the faith....i guess, u might have travelled in 3, 4 countries and it cozing delays wid ur case...whatever it is, wish u good luck....

OmSai73

Mar 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
God's Decession
Passport Req..
1-12-2014
VISA ISSUED...
Yes on Dec-15-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for March 2015
Its really a bad situtation.....

Hope you get the good result soon....

datuganol

Jul 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-12-2009
Doc's Request.
Full Docs Sent: 26-05-2010
AOR Received.
2nd AOR Date July 12, 2010
File Transfer...
March 5, 2010
Med's Request
17-Aug-2012
Med's Done....
06-Sep-12.. Received by LVO 13-Sep-12
Interview........
I guess waived.
Passport Req..
26-Sept-2012
VISA ISSUED...
PP with VISA Received on 24-Oct-2012
LANDED..........
Hopefully Q1 2013.
jazz2 said:
I really do not know what to make of it. Can you guys believe it? I am living in a foreign land where I need to have my valid passport all the time.In 2009,The local Canadian office asked me to submit my package which included my original passport,medicals and RPRF.I did just that and in a timely manner.Guess what,after that submission, it's now 7 months down the line and no decision has been made!!

I have had to do with limited travel even locally coz I do NOT have my passport with me...Why would the CIC ask for that crucial doc-PP- if they know very well they are not ready to reach a decision??? Copies of an applicant's passport would do in the meantime coz it reflects the same info as appearing in the original doc,won't it?? 7 months without my PP has been so frustrating..no bank transactions..thanks coz I havent lost my ATM card!! otherwise I would be in deep trouble.

By the way,I have written them twice.In both occassions,I got a standard reply saying-All documents have been received and that my file has been sent to the visa officer for a final review.In a span of 60days,I got a similar reply,which indicates they are copy and paste replies.

Is it really necessary to get CAIPS at this stage? With that reply at hand,what's the next set of events likely be??...Ideasssss...
I don't get the rationale why they ask for the original passport during the full documents submission. It is supposedly during the passport request where in you need to give the passport for stamping..

Jalap

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 November, 2003
Doc's Request.
May 20, 2008
AOR Received.
November 25. 2003
Med's Request
Re-medical: 2 February, 2011
Med's Done....
15 March, 2011
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
6 May, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
28 September, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting
I can totally understand how you must be felling. Budy, I am in the same boat. I sent my passport with medical and RPRF in October 2009. So it has been almost 9 months. However, my wife had to go for another follow up medical exam and the report was sent on January 20, 2010. The result was good though. I did get some replies from CHC ND and they said they have not received the medical decision yet. Still no final decision yet. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
How about the Final Review thing?? I got this reply saying "all docs have been received and that my file has been sent to VO for a final review,please be patient". Does this indicate that some checks are complete at this point e.g security checks??

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazz2 said:
How about the Final Review thing?? I got this reply saying "all docs have been received and that my file has been sent to VO for a final review,please be patient". Does this indicate that some checks are complete at this point e.g security checks??

Yes, it means that no more external checks are still pending, they received any results they wanted to get from any other department, and attached them to your file, and put the file on hold until the visa officer take a look at it and make sure that your file is complete.

It depends here on the time needed to the visa officer to make his final review on your file and take the decision.

By the way, how many days have been elapsed since you received that reply from them ?

jazz2

Star Member
Feb 27, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
professional 1 said:
Yes, it means that no more external checks are still pending, they received any results they wanted to get from any other department, and attached them to your file, and put the file on hold until the visa officer take a look at it and make sure that your file is complete.

It depends here on the time needed to the visa officer to make his final review on your file and take the decision.

By the way, how many days have been elapsed since you received that reply from them ?
Hi, Professional 1

Got this reply in early June, 2010. Thats about 30days.I know visa offices have different time frames given to the various files awaiting decision,however, after a month of receiving the"final review" reply,How long is the VO likely going to take to decide my case??

professional 1

Champion Member
Apr 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jazz2 said:
Hi, Professional 1

Got this reply in early June, 2010. Thats about 30days.I know visa offices have different time frames given to the various files awaiting decision,however, after a month of receiving the"final review" reply,How long is the VO likely going to take to decide my case??

It should not be more than three months because it is just a review of the file (available documents).

sabbir_sifat

Star Member
Jul 6, 2010
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov 2, 2005
Doc's Request.
June 30, 2009
Med's Request
June 14, 2010
Med's Done....
June 28, 2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
August 4, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
August 29, 2010
LANDED..........
February 27, 2011
jazz2 said:

Jalap said:
I can totally understand how you must be felling. Budy, I am in the same boat. I sent my passport with medical and RPRF in October 2009. So it has been almost 9 months. However, my wife had to go for another follow up medical exam and the report was sent on January 20, 2010. The result was good though. I did get some replies from CHC ND and they said they have not received the medical decision yet. Still no final decision yet. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
Its just unthinkable and a bull shit situation ... how the hell they can do this sorts of activities with a man's life. There should be some way to complain these sorts of acts of the VO's to the ministry of immigration of Canada. Someone should bear the responsibility!!! Its so unfortunate that the applicants is paying the required fees of CIC and they are highly skilled manpower who are going to pay the handsome taxes to the Canadian Govt. but there is no one beside of the applicants who will look after the such reluctant lapses of the VOs.

Jalap

Star Member
May 28, 2010
Nepal
Category........
Visa Office......
Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24 November, 2003
Doc's Request.
May 20, 2008
AOR Received.
November 25. 2003
Med's Request
Re-medical: 2 February, 2011
Med's Done....
15 March, 2011
Interview........
Waived.
Passport Req..
6 May, 2011
VISA ISSUED...
28 September, 2011
LANDED..........
Waiting
I wonder.... if this is the fate for a man living in the twenty-first century who just want to immigrate to Canada... another country...

jnathan

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sheng Chiu
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21st Jan 2010
Doc's Request.
10th March 2010
AOR Received.
10th June 2010
IELTS Request
provided
File Transfer...
IN PROCESS: 12th October, 2010
Med's Request
Withdrawal Request sent....Was waiting for files to return....instead of returning the files, VO sent the MR !!
Med's Done....
28 May 2012
Passport Req..
24 July 2012
Write mails to the Minister, to the chief of Opposition of the Parliament.
This is not child's play. I understood your pain.
Write the concerned officer about your problem, write in detail, they love people explain stuffs to them.