Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Information entered in the work history and education history must be supported by documents. Personal history is the right choice here. I am going to do the same thing. Didn't claim my foreign work experience, will include that in my personal history. Hope it helps :)

Need your advice on this .. I did not claim points for my wife's work experience and educational qualifications for getting the ITA. Do I nonetheless need to put these in her work history and education history? Or should I put that in her personal history? I ask because I do not want to go through the pain of arranging the necessary docs!

Reactions: thisworks

nitingpt09

Star Member
Apr 20, 2017
Hi .. anyone here who has submitted there application who had multiple passports and multiple bank accounts?
My doubt since we have to upload all docs related to one field , for eg POF, in a single pdf file, how do we differentiate between two docs. For example, from one bank i have got a 7 page statement , from other banks there are 1 , 2 ,3 pages.

How to create a doc which will be easy to understand for the Verification officer?

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Sent during initial application
Hi .. anyone here who has submitted there application who had multiple passports and multiple bank accounts?
My doubt since we have to upload all docs related to one field , for eg POF, in a single pdf file, how do we differentiate between two docs. For example, from one bank i have got a 7 page statement , from other banks there are 1 , 2 ,3 pages.

How to create a doc which will be easy to understand for the Verification officer?
I have 2 passports which I have submitted. One expired which shows my travel history since 18 years old and one currently valid.

To make things simple, seperate your file name according to the bank. If bank A has 10 pages, have them in 1 PDF and so on.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Thank you for answering my question. Does this mean that closer to the application deadline, I will submit my application without the FBI checks and provide proof that I will submit it later? That's what I intend to do. The FBI checks is basically all I need now for a complete application. I don't know if I should wait until 30 August (my deadline) and submit my application without the FBI checks or can I submit it earlier? Either way I will not have my FBI checks in time.
Submitting without a complete PCC is an instant death move. What you should do is you should now apply for FBI PCC and once you have the acknowledgement, have this documents sent to IRCC and request for an extension. I am not sure about the US, but for myself, I am just pending Australia PCC whereby I have submitted on 23rd June and have no reply from them yet. I am mentally prepared to fly to Australia if there is no reply by end of this month.

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Hi Legalfalcon,

I have a query. I got my ITA in May and I am in the process of collecting and uploading documents. My passport expiry was in 2021, but it did not have my spouse details and my updated address. During the PCC process, the police officer at PSK advised me to get my existing passport updated to prevent visa rejection. I have my PCC now for my existing passport, but I applied for new passport with updated details and I will get my new passport in a weeks time. I am just a bit worried that because the new passport will have a different number from what I have in my PCC, my application could be rejected.
For now, I am thinking that I will add a letter of explanation along with my submissions explaining this. Or, i might have the PCC done again when i get the new passport delivered. This will be cumbersome and I might miss my deadline. A friend has suggested rejecting the ITA and making a new profile with the new passport number, and waiting for another ITA. Has anyone else faced this? Please let me know.
What is your points?

No big issue here. You can ask your local immigration to write a letter explaining the difference in passport details but yes, it would be good to have a 2nd PCC with your new passport details on hand. Having more information on hand is better than nothing.

edwinkhoi

May 19, 2017
Submitting without a complete PCC is an instant death move. What you should do is you should now apply for FBI PCC and once you have the acknowledgement, have this documents sent to IRCC and request for an extension. I am not sure about the US, but for myself, I am just pending Australia PCC whereby I have submitted on 23rd June and have no reply from them yet. I am mentally prepared to fly to Australia if there is no reply by end of this month.
Hi,

Thank you for replying to my questions. if I understand correctly, you mean that I should apply for an extension now? I got the ITA same date as you so that means I have until August 30 to apply. I'd already applied for the FBI checks on 6 June but I doubt I will have it by the deadline.

On what basis should I ask for an extension from IRCC now? The deadline is two months away. Some members suggest that on August 30 I will submit my application: all required documents plus PROOF of FBI checks application and explain in the Letter of Explanation that FBI has not issued one for me and I will submit it as soon as I have it. This is when you ask for the extension I think?

Cheers,
Khoi

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
Hi,

Thank you for replying to my questions. if I understand correctly, you mean that I should apply for an extension now? I got the ITA same date as you so that means I have until August 30 to apply. I'd already applied for the FBI checks on 6 June but I doubt I will have it by the deadline.

On what basis should I ask for an extension from IRCC now? The deadline is two months away. Some members suggest that on August 30 I will submit my application: all required documents plus PROOF of FBI checks application and explain in the Letter of Explanation that FBI has not issued one for me and I will submit it as soon as I have it. This is when you ask for the extension I think?

Cheers,
Khoi
My bad. I thought you have not applied for your FBI PCC. Yes in that case, I would recommend informing IRCC (maybe a week or 2 in advance) that you are unable to have your FBI PCC by date line and request for extension. Best if you can proof to them that you have exhausted all means to expedite FBI side to provide you the PCC. Evidence can be from emails etc. Of course I cannot guarantee that will work, but is worth the try.

edwinkhoi

May 19, 2017
My bad. I thought you have not applied for your FBI PCC. Yes in that case, I would recommend informing IRCC (maybe a week or 2 in advance) that you are unable to have your FBI PCC by date line and request for extension. Best if you can proof to them that you have exhausted all means to expedite FBI side to provide you the PCC. Evidence can be from emails etc. Of course I cannot guarantee that will work, but is worth the try.
Thanks for your advice. I hope IRCC would understand. FBI checks are notoriously known to take long. Standard processing time is 8 - 10 weeks (more like 10 - 12 weeks). Then they only use snail mail to return the result so that normally takes up to 2 weeks. I used express mail and it took one week. As you see, it's well outside the 90 days of Express Entry. Fingers crossed!!

k81p

Apr 24, 2017
Need your advice on this .. I did not claim points for my wife's work experience and educational qualifications for getting the ITA. Do I nonetheless need to put these in her work history and education history? Or should I put that in her personal history? I ask because I do not want to go through the pain of arranging the necessary docs!
include them in personal history only if u dont want to claim points for it...

capsingh

May 13, 2016
What is your points?

No big issue here. You can ask your local immigration to write a letter explaining the difference in passport details but yes, it would be good to have a 2nd PCC with your new passport details on hand. Having more information on hand is better than nothing.
I got my AOR today. Submitted the LoE mentioning I got a new passport based on police officer's recommendation. My new passport mentions the old passport details, so I am hoping this will not be an issue. Now the wait begins!

Reactions: kennerve
May 20, 2017
Hi,

I am in the process of submitting my application to CIC. I am facing some issue with proof of funds.

I am from India and haven't been working for the last 1 year. I had requested for withdrawal of my provident fund which would meet 75% of the POF requirement. For the balance amount I was going to take a gift deed from my parents. However, due to some issues the PF withdrawal is taking a while. Last date of submission of my application is 30th August.

In the event that I do not receive the funds from provident fund can I submit the following:

1. Provident fund office certificate giving the as on date balance. I am told that this too is tough to get from the PF office but will try. For the balance amount in POF I will take a gift deed from my parents.

OR

2. Alternatively can I get a gift deed from my parents for the entire 100% requirement of POF. Since I am not working I do not have much account balance. In such a case what other documents do I need to submit? Is the bank letter, 6 month statement and gift deed sufficient?

Your inputs will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance!!

kennerve

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Singapore
Visa Office......
Singapore
IELTS Request
I got my AOR today. Submitted the LoE mentioning I got a new passport based on police officer's recommendation. My new passport mentions the old passport details, so I am hoping this will not be an issue. Now the wait begins!
Good luck mate.

thisworks

Star Member
Apr 17, 2017
Boston, US
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
02-10-2017
AOR Received.
14-09-2017
Med's Done....
10-08-2017
Passport Req..
12-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
18-10-2017
hey folks, did anyone of you had an upfront medical exam? if yes, did you appear as tourist or worker category? What documents were required for this exam?

Narayan987

Star Member
Jul 14, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-07-2014
IELTS Request
Overall 7.0
Med's Request
29-07-2014
Med's Done....
03-08-2014
Passport Req..
03-08-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-08-2014
LANDED..........
27-08-2014
Hi,

I did an upfront medical exam. They had e-medical services so i just needed my passport. On the e-medical form i got from the doctor said worker catagory.

hey folks, did anyone of you had an upfront medical exam? if yes, did you appear as tourist or worker category? What documents were required for this exam?

k81p

Apr 24, 2017
my wife and i did our medicals upfront. we took a print of the ITA along with our passports to the registered medical testing centre in our city. we had to make an appointment a few weeks ahead. the tests took 3-4 hours. they noted our height, weight, blood pressure, eyesight. they took X-rays of chest / lungs. they also ran urine and blood tests (HIV & Syphilis tests). we got an acknowledgement which mentioned our personal particulars including passport no and that we were applying for PR as a skilled 'worker'. we uploaded this acknowledgement along with the rest of our documents.