yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
I submitted my application on 14th September [ IAT = 17th July] , i kept waiting for the FBI PCC to come through for the longest time [ FBI application date= 10th July] however from my follow ups with FBI , they said that it might take 90 days to process the applications.

I received a message from CIC that they will give me a 60 day extension to procure the PCC , which ends 16th November.

The status of my application is now "Needs additional documents".

Does anyone else have a similar experience?

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yogigal said:
I submitted my application on 14th September [ IAT = 17th July] , i kept waiting for the FBI PCC to come through for the longest time [ FBI application date= 10th July] however from my follow ups with FBI , they said that it might take 90 days to process the applications.

I received a message from CIC that they will give me a 60 day extension to procure the PCC , which ends 16th November.

That is great. Can you please tell me if you attached anything else besides LOE. I received my ITA on 18th Sept and i sent my application for PCC on 16th Sept so i dont expect to get any results till Dec. I also plan to submit my application as late as possible if at all.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congratulations! Very balanced and reasonable approach by the officer concerned. Luck is clearly on your side - hope you get the PCC on time and are able to upload it by mid November.

All the best!

yogigal

Star Member
Jul 5, 2015
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-07-2015
Asivad Anac said:
Congratulations! Very balanced and reasonable approach by the officer concerned. Luck is clearly on your side - hope you get the PCC on time and are able to upload it by mid November.

All the best!
Thank you @Asivad Anac for helping me every step of the way. I followed your approach and ensured that all other documents were as crystal clear as they could be.

Considering the 90 day timeline, hope to have it by mid October.

Josia13

Sep 21, 2015
AOR Received.
19-11-2018
Med's Done....
24-12-2018
yogigal said:

Hi yogigal,

How did you get this extension? did you asked for it?

Thanks

shibaak

Feb 13, 2015
Great. Good for you.
Can you please tell us how did you ask for it?

I sent my husband's FBI check through channeller, his police check through the state, and the receipts and fingerprint cards sent for FBI. In an explanation letter, I told that I didn't know Cic does not accept FBI checks through channellers anymore and I applied as soon as I was informed. Then I said On the website it says that the officer is the one who decides to give us time and therefore we decided to submit our documents and wait for your decision. I also said that we will probably receive it around mid October.

My letter was very simple and concise.

Can you please tell us what documents you submitted and how did you write your letter?

And congratulatuons again.