+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

6 years H1B expired in USA, can I apply as an IMMIGRANT FSW using BUFFALO?

J

John555

My H1B expired in August 2008. I am now out of status in the US. Assuming I am FSW qualified, can I send in my application using BUFFALY, NY as my processing center or should I go home to my home country in Asia and use the Canadian embassy there? A quick reply is really appreciated. Thanks much.

alexchristi

Sep 8, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
Bucharest
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
5th july 2011
AOR Received.
PER 8th sept.2011
IELTS Request
on file
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
05. Oct. 2012
VISA ISSUED...
24. 10. 2012
LANDED..........
08.dec.2012
Buffalo VO is closed.

As far as I know you need to show that you are in the country of residence legally.
But also I have seen instances that differ.

Patriots1700

Apr 9, 2012
USA
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Like they said before the buffalo office is closed but yes you can apply while in the US if you were legally admitted into the country for at least one year ,so you were on an H1B visa i think you qualify to do the process while in the US and even if you have to send the application to your home country you don't have to leave the US until its time for your interview ( if you have one ...sometimes they waive the interview). Look around the forum, a lot of people who were in your situation got PR like that .

ihabkal

Oct 8, 2010
cause a lot of employers don't like to give greencard to us so we won't leave and start our own businesses, they also like to change us to keep wages low.
Greencard is easy if you lie to an American woman or pay her money. rest of us Honest people work hard for it.

ex H1B holder

I edited to add that when I was in the US in 2005 I applied for Canadian PR, included my visas and permits, and they still sent back the application askign for visas and permits (it seems they have monkeys to open the envelopes there so they didn't see them)
so when you send your application they will ask you if you were legally in the US and they will ask for proof.
when you overstayed you shot yourself in the foot.
my 2 realistic cents from soemone who was in the same situation as you except I didn't overstay and still they didin't take my application for lame reasons.

J

John555

Ty all for your time replying. I really appreciate it. Specially ikhabal, your personal experience shared is golden to me. So i guess i will submit application while here in the US and assign my home country as processing center, and i will go home when the interview comes!