+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5332e Part B: Relatives living in Canada

nakedspider

Sep 20, 2018
Hello!

In form IMM 5332e Part B: The form asks for any relatives living in Canada "including aunts, uncles, cousins etc"

My extended family is quite large, and there are many many relatives I have never met or have been made aware of. I was born and raised in the United States but as far as relatives go, I am only aware of "aunts, uncles, and cousins" in the area where I reside (California)

I asked around and it turns out I do have loosely connected family living in Alberta. The individual in question is my grandfather's brother's son. I've never met the guy, and I only have a name and a general vicinity. I tried reaching out to get some information from him but he isn't responding.

My question is: how in depth do I need to go in terms of naming relatives living in Canada? Does it still count if I've never met them before, or if I can't get any more information about them? My understanding is that the purpose of this question is to add points to your application if you have relatives who are permanent residents or citizens, but I'm unclear as to how close they need to be to you in relation.

KBH

Champion Member
Sep 13, 2017
Toronto, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
August 2nd, 2017
AOR Received.
September 22nd, 2017
File Transfer...
October 7th, 2017
Passport Req..
December 29th, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
January 23rd, 2018
LANDED..........
Feb 1st, 2018
The purpose of the question is not to add points to your application if you have relatives in Canada. There are no "points" for spousal sponsorship.

Your great-uncle's son would not be a close enough relative to worry about including there. You have to draw the line somewhere. The furthest relatives most people include would be aunts/uncles and cousins, as mentioned, but this does not extend to second/third cousins, first cousins once removed, etc.

nakedspider

Sep 20, 2018
The purpose of the question is not to add points to your application if you have relatives in Canada. There are no "points" for spousal sponsorship.

Your great-uncle's son would not be a close enough relative to worry about including there. You have to draw the line somewhere. The furthest relatives most people include would be aunts/uncles and cousins, as mentioned, but this does not extend to second/third cousins, first cousins once removed, etc.
Oh okay! Thanks, I misunderstood.