+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

5 months and still no AOR from Visa Office!

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
Hi everyone!
I've started the sponsorship for my wife in january and the case has been processed on the 24 March! I receive a letter from CIC-Missi telling me that they accept my application for sponsoring and that they have sent the case to Singapore.
However, my wife has not received any thing from Singapore yet, no AOR informing that the case has started or something, therefore, we have no immigration number to check her ECAS's status. Also, we have an adress problem, because my wife live in the countryside, mails get lost there like 99%, so when we filled the application, I put my adress as her postal adress, so her documents should be sent to me and then we will arrange. But I have not received anything for her yet after 5 months.
Also, our advisor, the one who helped me filling the application told me that it is possible that Singapore will chose the adress closest to them and send the files there, which mean, there will be a chance that they send the papers to the countryside and everything is lost.

Right now, Im confused and don`t know what I should do to sort this mess. Can anyone give me advice or comments on the steps I should do ?

Thank you in advance!

mitamata

Nov 21, 2008
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2009
AOR Received.
27-03-2009
Med's Done....
03-12-2008
Passport Req..
29-04-2009
VISA ISSUED...
06-05-2009
LANDED..........
27-07-2009
When you log in with your information, what is under the Permanent Residency Application Status? If it says 'In Process', then the application has been received and they started working on it. If there's nothing there then it's likely they've not begun processing yet and probably haven't sent anything that could've gotten lost.

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
Hello!
Under Permanent Residency Application Status, it say "In Process" since the 24 March!
That's why I'm kind of nervous right now!

vinz

Star Member
Jun 21, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Philippines
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 7, 2009
Doc's Request.
Feb. 15, 2009
Med's Request
Dec. 10, 2009
Med's Done....
April 5, 2010
VISA ISSUED...
June 10, 2010
anhstar said:
Hi everyone!
I've started the sponsorship for my wife in january and the case has been processed on the 24 March! I receive a letter from CIC-Missi telling me that they accept my application for sponsoring and that they have sent the case to Singapore.
However, my wife has not received any thing from Singapore yet, no AOR informing that the case has started or something, therefore, we have no immigration number to check her ECAS's status. Also, we have an adress problem, because my wife live in the countryside, mails get lost there like 99%, so when we filled the application, I put my adress as her postal adress, so her documents should be sent to me and then we will arrange. But I have not received anything for her yet after 5 months.
Also, our advisor, the one who helped me filling the application told me that it is possible that Singapore will chose the adress closest to them and send the files there, which mean, there will be a chance that they send the papers to the countryside and everything is lost.

Right now, Im confused and don`t know what I should do to sort this mess. Can anyone give me advice or comments on the steps I should do ?

Thank you in advance!
Hi there,

You can still check it on E-CAS using your papers from Missisauga informing you that your eligible to sponsor your wife by using your client #. I assumed that the letter from Canadian Embassy in Singapore had lost because she should have it now. As soon as they received the papers which forwarded by the CIC in Missisauga your wife will a letter too.

I suggest if your wife can visit the Singapore Office about this matters and if you want to change the address then you can do it also.

I hope this reply could help you.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I suggest you find a most secure address for her, some where in Singapore c/o any relatives or frineds and try to change the address thru ECAS. You mentioned already about the situation about her mailing address.
vinz said:
anhstar said:
Hi everyone!

Thank you in advance!
Hi there,

You can still check it on E-CAS using your papers from Missisauga informing you that your eligible to sponsor your wife by using your client #. I assumed that the letter from Canadian Embassy in Singapore had lost because she should have it now. As soon as they received the papers which forwarded by the CIC in Missisauga your wife will a letter too.

I suggest if your wife can visit the Singapore Office about this matters and if you want to change the address then you can do it also.

I hope this reply could help you.

anhstar

Aug 18, 2009
Quebec
Ok, so since my wife dint receive any AOR, we dont know her Immigration File Number yet. I asked my MP to help me by calling Singapore Visa office and ask for the number. Then I can change my wife's mailing address to somewhere safer in Vietnam.
Thank you all for your interest in this matter!