+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

49TH DRAW ON 14TH DECEMBER <???>

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
jianxia15 said:
No email updates received!!!Is it reserved for those who need to update their profiles such as international students??

I am an outland appliants without any Canadian experience.

I received the email because I subscribed for their newsletter. At least that's what I think. I always get email whenever they make any changes.
Subscribe here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/enewsletter/

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Nothing new but still copying it below for those who haven't received it:

December 3, 2016

This letter is addressed to candidates in the pool to inform them of the recent changes to the Express Entry system.

The Express Entry system was updated on November 19, 2016, and several improvements have been made that may affect you. It is important you read the information below to see how you may be affected by these changes.

What do I need to do after I read about the changes to the Express Entry system?

Not everyone will be affected by the changes to the Express Entry system.

If you think you are not affected, there is nothing you need to do.

If you think the changes to the Express Entry system listed below affect you, these are your next steps:

Step 1. Log into your online account and update your Express Entry profile by answering the new questions we added to the system.

Step 2. After you update your profile, the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) will update your score.

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION***

Regular invitation rounds will begin again in the coming weeks. If you are affected by the changes, you should update your Express Entry profile by December 12, 2016.

All CRS scores will be updated before the next invitation round.

These changes to the Express Entry system are now in effect:

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will not be needed for certain job offers. Many people in Canada with an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry if they meet certain conditions. This will allow more candidates to receive CRS points for their job offer and meet the program requirements of the federal skilled worker class and the federal skilled trades class.

Examples

North America Free Trade Agreement

federal-provincial agreements

Mobilité Francophone

intra-company transferees, as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer

Find out more about jobs that are exempt from needing an LMIA.

The number of points you can get for a job offer has changed.

You can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B occupation.

You can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.?

A job offer now only needs to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

You can now earn CRS points for study in Canada above high school.

You can earn 15 points for a one- or two-year diploma or certificate.

You can earn 30 points for a degree, diploma or certificate of three years or longer or for a master’s, professional or doctoral degree of at least one academic year.

You now have more time to complete an application for permanent residence if you get an invitation to apply.

Applicants will now have 90 days to apply for permanent residence, instead of 60 days.

Visit the Express Entry section of our website and the Help Centre for more information.

andy108

VIP Member
Nov 26, 2015
Australia
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
**-09-2017
I really hope that the score will drop to manageable 390-430, then a lot of applicants will have a good chance.

sivasagi

Jan 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
andy108 said:
I really hope that the score will drop to manageable 390-430, then a lot of applicants will have a good chance.

Very unlikely for this year

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
hi guys

I have an LMIA in process at the moment with job offer, I was hoping to come to Canada with PR status as I have done everything and prepared.

So reference letters obtained, medical already done upfront, I didn't realise the points for LMIA was going to change.

Im now down to 418 points and from the last draw and what ive read no chance of getting an ITA even though I have a job offer

I don't see how I will get ITA, do they just do a cut off on points or look at individual applications?

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
hi guys

I have an LMIA in process at the moment with job offer, I was hoping to come to Canada with PR status as I have done everything and prepared.

So reference letters obtained, medical already done upfront, I didn't realise the points for LMIA was going to change.

Im now down to 418 points and from the last draw and what ive read no chance of getting an ITA even though I have a job offer

I don't see how I will get ITA, do they just do a cut off on points or look at individual applications?

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
418 without Lmia or with lmia??? If without lmia, you will get 50 and your total would be 468 which is not bad. If 418 is with lmia, look into pnp or wait and see like some of us.

robb83 said:
hi guys

robb83

Jul 4, 2016
with LMIA - my scores on English werent terrible, i just cant get any more points and I dont want to come to Canada without PR

wlj0918

Star Member
Nov 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Next draw likely won't be lower than 500, so...no false hope around here.

Nil787

Mar 23, 2015
Itsmee said:
Nothing new but still copying it below for those who haven't received it:

December 3, 2016

This letter is addressed to candidates in the pool to inform them of the recent changes to the Express Entry system.

The Express Entry system was updated on November 19, 2016, and several improvements have been made that may affect you. It is important you read the information below to see how you may be affected by these changes.

What do I need to do after I read about the changes to the Express Entry system?

Not everyone will be affected by the changes to the Express Entry system.

If you think you are not affected, there is nothing you need to do.

If you think the changes to the Express Entry system listed below affect you, these are your next steps:

Step 1. Log into your online account and update your Express Entry profile by answering the new questions we added to the system.

Step 2. After you update your profile, the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System (CRS) will update your score.

***IMPORTANT INFORMATION***

Regular invitation rounds will begin again in the coming weeks. If you are affected by the changes, you should update your Express Entry profile by December 12, 2016.

All CRS scores will be updated before the next invitation round.

These changes to the Express Entry system are now in effect:

A Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) will not be needed for certain job offers. Many people in Canada with an LMIA exempt work permit will be able to carry that LMIA exemption under Express Entry if they meet certain conditions. This will allow more candidates to receive CRS points for their job offer and meet the program requirements of the federal skilled worker class and the federal skilled trades class.

Examples

North America Free Trade Agreement

federal-provincial agreements

Mobilité Francophone

intra-company transferees, as long as they meet certain criteria, such as at least one year of work experience from the same employer who is providing their job offer

Find out more about jobs that are exempt from needing an LMIA.

The number of points you can get for a job offer has changed.

You can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B occupation.

You can earn a total of 200 points if you have a valid job offer in a NOC 00 occupation.?

A job offer now only needs to be for a minimum of one year from the time you become a permanent resident.

You can now earn CRS points for study in Canada above high school.

You can earn 15 points for a one- or two-year diploma or certificate.

You can earn 30 points for a degree, diploma or certificate of three years or longer or for a master’s, professional or doctoral degree of at least one academic year.

You now have more time to complete an application for permanent residence if you get an invitation to apply.

Applicants will now have 90 days to apply for permanent residence, instead of 60 days.

Visit the Express Entry section of our website and the Help Centre for more information.
Hello Itsme

You can earn 15 points for a one- or two-year diploma or certificate. - Is it applicable for international student too ?

You can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B occupation. Wejust need to have ICT work permit for this or we need to have kind of document from the employer.. ?

Thanks ,

Itsmee

Sep 28, 2015
Hi,

Please me my responses below:

Nil787 said:
Hello Itsme

You can earn 15 points for a one- or two-year diploma or certificate. - Is it applicable for international student too ? this is for international students only who have studied in Canada

You can earn a total of 50 points if you have a valid job offer in a National Occupational Classification (NOC) 0, A or B occupation. Wejust need to have ICT work permit for this or we need to have kind of document from the employer.. ?

you need ICT work permit and a job offer for at least 1 year after getting PR from the same employer whose name is on the work permit. Here please note that I am not an ICT expert as I am a PGWP holder therefore I recommend reviewing these two posts for more info

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/new-express-entry-ranking-system-will-be-applied-on-nov-19th-detail-inside-t460697.0.html

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/join-only-cec-inland-with-ict-or-nafta-who-will-get-50-points-on-nov-19th-t461540.0.html

Thanks ,