+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

40th Draw - Ray of Hope

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
siddharthbala said:
It's actually interesting, if you think about it.

If the prevailing theory that the CIC is, in fact, clearing a backlog then this means that by now, a bulk of the lower segments have been covered, meaning that this recent jump to 490 is a sign that it's reached a stage where there might simply be no more lower numbers from the backlog to clear.

This could signify that we're running close to the end of the bulk of the backlog clearance (which would play into the "big changes and back to the old system in September").

On the other hand, it could also signify the start of a series of higher number picks (for an indeterminate time), until this segment is also cleared before things suddenly turn back to normal.

Purely conjecture at this point, but it's actually quite interesting to watch these scores.
Do yourself a favor and read some data from IRCC, it's free to access. The backlog as of March 2016 is 383,000 applications, a 9% reduction from 2015 . It's not going anywhere soon.

There's absolutely nothing interesting about these draws. IRCC simply cuts the ITAs for express entry/economic streeam to focus on family reunification and refugees.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
I have a different theory.

Fresh entrants in the pool. Under 30s with 2 degrees and good IELTS scores who are touching the higher 480s. Express entry is becoming popular. In my country I am seeing agencies popping up like weeds. Though they target lesser candidates but advertisements reach everyone. Strong candidates who realize they can enter the EE pool with a reasonable chance of success. Thats just one country. Now imagine the impact of similar conditions world over. How many new candidates ?

Eventually the CRS will come down after refugees and college applications are done but it wont come down drastically. People with scores under 430 should consider increasing their IELTS scores asap.

Mr Optimist

Star Member
Sep 14, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Do yourself a favor and read some data from IRCC, it's free to access. The backlog as of March 2016 is 383,000 applications, a 9% reduction from 2015 . It's not going anywhere soon.

There's absolutely nothing interesting about these draws. IRCC simply cuts the ITAs for express entry/economic streeam to focus on family reunification and refugees.
I can't understand Canada's love for refugees. It is letting in those who lack skills and just want to freeload while ignoring those with right skills who are knocking on your door. And the security risk associated with taking in those who probably don't have any papers. It is upsetting at times.

_Aspirant

Feb 29, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys...

What about next "Ray of Hope" thread?

Anybody created it?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, they make the rules and there s nothing we can do. study french, choose a pnp or go to a"cheap university".( one can always study as a full time student) and if have not received an ita by the time you finish your program you can always stay working after graduation. international graduates are going to be put first in line as they have mentioned this before i am sure thats the way it would be. It is possible the new rules will be announed at the end of the year.
i consider it is better to find solutions,i think those options are better than waiting in a pool for months and even years. one can also wait to see what 2017 will bring.
sometimes i feel bad to realize that people with less academic skills than me get to receive an ita just because they' ve worked in a low skill profesion over there for couple of months, hopefully that is going to change soon.

again: study french, choose a pnp or go to a"cheap university".
if you have a goal you gotta have a plan B, and plan C, and a plan D if necessary.

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr Optimist said:
I can't understand Canada's love for refugees. It is letting in those who lack skills and just want to freeload while ignoring those with right skills who are knocking on your door. And the security risk associated with taking in those who probably don't have any papers. It is upsetting at times.
Not all Canadians, just a Liberals thing. They like to put a public show to gain votes. They imposed themselves with a promise to bring 25k refugees here in a short period of time without any preparations.

Mr. Trudeau junior likes to run around to promote feminism, gay pride and accept more refugees than to do something actually useful.

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
At 481, the only option I seem to have left now for increasing my score is to learn French (apart from seeking provincial nomination or Canadian job offer). Any idea by how much minimum a person's score can increase through learning basic French? 5 points? And how many months are needed for it?

And when is that mid-year report going to come out, indicating the progress and current status of Express Entry mechanism?

dhavaladesai

Star Member
Jul 13, 2015
India
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-11-2016
Nomination.....
OINP is still processing my case from Jan 2016. Still no news.
AOR Received.
20-11-2016
Med's Done....
26-11-2016
DamhaSirah said:
At 481, the only option I seem to have left now for increasing my score is to learn French (apart from seeking provincial nomination or Canadian job offer). Any idea by how much minimum a person's score can increase through learning basic French? 5 points? And how many months are needed for it?

And when is that mid-year report going to come out, indicating the progress and current status of Express Entry mechanism?
Yaar I was checking the same.I am at 475. The teff exam gives result after 6-8 weeks. I was like dafuq. Learn it for a month give exam and what do you get. results after 2 months. Three months in total.

Bull shit man.

Arsalan Khan

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DamhaSirah said:

you will get an ITA .. IA , just wait for some time...!

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
DamhaSirah said:

With a score like that an ITA is inevitable. It might take a month but it is coming for sure. Meanwhile prep all documents. So you can submit asap and get in the processing line.

I know its a lame encouragement after waiting for so long but sometimes things are just out of our hands.

binshuo20

May 4, 2016
Arsalan Khan said:
Do you think 472 stands a chance this year? I'm also sitting at this score and pretty worried about that the coming policy change will reduce my chance.

mpjaved

Star Member
Apr 24, 2011
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
SINP EE submitted on May 18th
Doc's Request.
9th June, submitted on 13th Jun, 2016
Nomination.....
Nominated 22nd July
Dears , Got ITA thanks God!

Please help me how to accept the Invitation, there are two options, "continue application " or "Decline" shall I clink on continune application or is there any other option to accept the invitation. please guide

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
Arsalan Khan said:
InshAllah dost...

jaymax said:
With a score like that an ITA is inevitable. It might take a month but it is coming for sure. Meanwhile prep all documents. So you can submit asap and get in the processing line.

I know its a lame encouragement after waiting for so long but sometimes things are just out of our hands.
Thank you for the kind words...

Donald Trump

Aug 11, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alexios07 said:
Backlog is always there like since the beginning of time. The reason they reduce the ITAs for economic stream is to switch the focus to refugees and family reunification. Mr. McCallum has been saying so like several months already.
when do you think the score will come below 480?

betty44

Jun 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
people keep postponing the learning french thing untill they find themself waiting to receive an ITA for months and sometimes a year or more.
ENOUGH TIME TO ACHEIVE AN INTERMEDIATE AND WITH PREPARATION INTERMEDIATE-ADVANCED LEVEL.

STOP THINKING JUST DO IT!!!! anyways, you will need it in canada!!! most of employers require knowledge of FRENH at least to be able to comunicate in a regular basic. enough with the stress. relax. dedicate time to your families, friends, pets ect , it is no secret that this immigration thing means a lot to us and that WE HAVE SACRIFICED A LOT TO BE IN THE POOL but we will get our invitations when the time comes. besides stress is not go for the health.