+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

40th Draw - Ray of Hope

ButterflyChemist

Jun 24, 2014
Alexios07 said:
Don't you think if you are qualified and hireable you should not be doing odd jobs after 5 years landing here? The reasons why many immigrants with Masters or PhD degrees are driving taxis or working as security guards is because they don't actively upgrade their skill set to adapt to the new country. You cannot bring your exp and knowledge from your home country to Canada and expect everything will be the same. Sometimes, you need to start from an entry level job but at least in your field.
It's apart of a larger problem. Many people want to come to canada but don't want to do their due diligence. You see then come on here wanting us to tell them every single thing about immigrating and without doing one bit of research. This process requires work and sadly some people, not all, just want to have everything laid at their feet

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ButterflyChemist said:
It's apart of a larger problem. Many people want to come to canada but don't want to do their due diligence. You see then come on here wanting us to tell them every single thing about immigrating and without doing one bit of research. This process requires work and sadly some people, not all, just want to have everything laid at their feet
Yep, that's why for a majority of cases, international students are just better at integrating to Canadian society.

Having a degree doesn't say much about yourself except it just proves that you are capable of learning, memorizing existing stuff or doing some minor critical thinking tasks. Some people even seem to be proud to say: "I was a doctor/PhD/engineer back in my country." Well, why don't you stay there and be a doctor instead?

Moving to another country is all about adapting to the host culture, you have to learn the language, they way they live and work and even the food culture. It's like moving to India and refuse to eat curry or moving to China and refuse to eat soy sauce, dimsum or rice noodle.

volodyalysak

Jul 6, 2016
US- Rocky Mountains
Category........
Visa Office......
USA
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-12-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
06-02-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-03-2017
LANDED..........
Mid May 2017
Alexios07 said:
Yep, that's why for a majority of cases, international students are just better at integrating to Canadian society.

Having a degree doesn't say much about yourself except it just proves that you are capable of learning, memorizing existing stuff or doing some minor critical thinking tasks. Some people even seem to be proud to say: "I was a doctor/PhD/engineer back in my country." Well, why don't you stay there and be a doctor instead?

Moving to another country is all about adapting to the host culture, you have to learn the language, they way they live and work and even the food culture. It's like moving to India and refuse to eat curry or moving to China and refuse to eat soy sauce, dimsum or rice noodle.
Students are not better by any means, people who got real work experience are more valuable, it is not someones fault if they can not survive in their home country on 100$ per month salary.
It is heart breaking to leave your home country and trying to start new life elsewhere.

So what degree do you have ? Why are you so negative every time you post here ? Are you Canadian to talk like that Alexious07 ?

binshuo20

May 4, 2016
Alexios07 said:

I don't really agree. I've never been abroad before, but my IELTS score is 8977, which is much better than most international students. So I just don't think they are better. Only because their parents sent them overseas to study, doesn't mean they have the advantages to integrate to the local culture.

GSSODHI

May 3, 2016
Merit should be the deciding factor not that we came here before you or after you.If students pay fees for diplomas than a foreign skilled worker is too administered entry after paying a hefty admission fees.Nevertheless academics/Ielts score couldn't be ignored

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
Merit is not ignored. But the definition of merit is changed.

Every country has a different way of working. Thats what Cultural nuances are all about. People who understand them quicker get absorbed quicker.

Anyways once the refugee workload is over, expect the score to drop to 450 atleast. So all the people in the 470s and 480s just have patience your time will come.

But do remember ITA is just another step, there is a long journey after that to PPR as well. Setting right expectations prevents disappointments later

DamhaSirah

May 6, 2016
Scarborough
jaymax said:
Anyways once the refugee workload is over, expect the score to drop to 450 atleast. So all the people in the 470s and 480s just have patience your time will come.
How do we know this refugee load will not increase next year? There are thousands of refugees coming out of Syria, what if Canada decides to host more of them next year as well, and then new refugees the year after that as well?

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
DamhaSirah said:
How do we know this refugee load will not increase next year? There are thousands of refugees coming out of Syria, what if Canada decides to host more of them next year as well, and then new refugees the year after that as well?
That is entirely up to speculations, though, Ahmad, and there is no easy answer.

A country will only accept as many as per their capability to handle it, especially when said country also has an established immigration program in place. In this regard, we need to be able to trust CIC's capability to balance both of these programs to do right by all those involved.

jaymax

Star Member
Dec 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
09-03-2016
LANDED..........
09-12-2016
DamhaSirah said:
Canada committed to take only 25000 refugees this year. They are being processed on priority since their needs are deemed higher. 25000 refugees does not mean 25000 applications. It means 25000 persons. The number of applications will be lower (one primary applicant per family)

But Canada also needs skilled workers to expand its economy. So it needs to move express entry as well. Which the basis for my prediction that after the load of this year.

While a lot of people are claiming that EE CRS will drop below 400 I dont see that happening. All around the world, lots of qualified young people are entering the pool every month. They are younger and have higher points with age on their side. Their entry will keep the median around 450-460.

pats2177

Star Member
Dec 21, 2012
PUNE
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
The CRS score cut off in recent draws is high since April'16 as they are only drawing approx. 700 candidates as compared to the normal average of ~1500 candidates that they were drawing from each draw.

Refugees intake, as we all know is one of the reason but from Sept'16 they will shift their focus again to skilled workers as they have confirmed. They are saying that they may draw 2000+ in each draw from Oct'16 but I doubt that. I would be happy if they draw 1500 like they used to draw before and the score will come down to 450.

There is nothing to worry about. All with the scores of above 450 should get an ITA in the next 6 months. Just think less about it and enjoy your current life.

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
pats2177 said:
The CRS score cut off in recent draws is high since April'16 as they are only drawing approx. 700 candidates as compared to the normal average of ~1500 candidates that they were drawing from each draw.

Refugees intake, as we all know is one of the reason but from Sept'16 they will shift their focus again to skilled workers as they have confirmed. They are saying that they may draw 2000+ in each draw from Oct'16 but I doubt that. I would be happy if they draw 1500 like they used to draw before and the score will come down to 450.

There is nothing to worry about. All with the scores of above 450 should get an ITA in the next 6 months. Just think less about it and enjoy your current life.
+1, let's hope that is the case. Even if it's not, there's a lot to do over the next six months in any case :)

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
We tend to worry about too many things and speculating about when the cut off would improve is just one of the unnecessary stresses I am talking about.

If you read most of the threads here most of the concern is with the AOR process and we are not even close to that :)

siddharthbala

Jan 12, 2016
Mississauga
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
08-07-2016
Doc's Request.
28-12-2016
AOR Received.
10-12-2016
Med's Request
06-12-2016
Med's Done....
14-12-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-2017
LANDED..........
14-09-2017
LokiJr01 said:
We tend to worry about too many things and speculating about when the cut off would improve is just one of the unnecessary stresses I am talking about.

If you read most of the threads here most of the concern is with the AOR process and we are not even close to that :)
Agreed - We've got a long way to go yet, the ITA is just Round 1 of the fight. :)

Don't worry, use the time to do some self improvement. I'm sure all of you have certain life goals to do in the meantime. This is a "to do" list I've stuck on my fridge to remind me every morningof why sitting idle is a waste of precious time. Maybe it'll be of some use to all of you while you wait:

• Lose a little weight to be in peak fitness for the future medical you'll need to take
  • Budget and save some money to show for your future Proof of Funds
  • Collect any remaining paperwork that could be asked in order to strengthen your case
  • Try Learning French (or improving your English). I'm currently learning french vocab through Duolingo and spend some time everyday with the app - it's not the best way to learn French, but my comprehension for the language has improved considerably since I started using it.
  • Go to industry-specific forums and doing some networking to see what the job scene is like in your chosen province. In my case, I hang around on poly count and Canadian Game developer forums to speak with other artists, get some professional feedback on my CV and portfolio, keep improving and also building fledgling connections.
  • Every weekend, pick one aspect of practicalities you should know about life in Canada and do some research. Find out about banks, good localities in your desired provinces, good schools for your kids, the arrivals procedure, timelines, ticket prices, house prices, good economical cars to consider, license formalities, organizations that can help you locally, good times to go job hunting...there's just so much to look up and google is your friend. (Personal Note: The reason this exists on my list is because researching this information often throws up some interesting things you didn't know about and also gives you a better grounding going in. Information is the first line of defense.)

Sure, some of this stuff seems weird, but it serves an important purpose for me which is this - don't be idle. Keep firing on all cylinders so by the time everything doescrystallizes, you don't have to scramble for anything at all. Everything is clear, you've done enough research to make an informed choice and all is well.

LokiJr01

Apr 13, 2016
Manila
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
09-08-2016
Nomination.....
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
15-09-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
09-09-2016
Passport Req..
05-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2017
Your list of ideas is always a refreshing thing to read here @siddharthbala :D

I might as well start working out so the medical exam in the near future would turn out fine :)

Iman.G

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
Med's Done....
13-12-2016
Passport Req..
19-03-2017
siddharthbala said:
  • Lose a little weight to be in peak fitness for the future medical you'll need to take
  • Budget and save some money to show for your future Proof of Funds
  • Collect any remaining paperwork that could be asked in order to strengthen your case
  • Try Learning French (or improving your English). I'm currently learning french vocab through Duolingo and spend some time everyday with the app - it's not the best way to learn French, but my comprehension for the language has improved considerably since I started using it.
  • Go to industry-specific forums and doing some networking to see what the job scene is like in your chosen province. In my case, I hang around on poly count and Canadian Game developer forums to speak with other artists, get some professional feedback on my CV and portfolio, keep improving and also building fledgling connections.
  • Every weekend, pick one aspect of practicalities you should know about life in Canada and do some research. Find out about banks, good localities in your desired provinces, good schools for your kids, the arrivals procedure, timelines, ticket prices, house prices, good economical cars to consider, license formalities, organizations that can help you locally, good times to go job hunting...there's just so much to look up and google is your friend. (Personal Note: The reason this exists on my list is because researching this information often throws up some interesting things you didn't know about and also gives you a better grounding going in. Information is the first line of defense.)
+1 for sharing the dont-let-the-wait-haunt-you-and-keep-yourself-busy-with-your-current-life-and-enjoy-it list. :D :p
We all need to stick with this list now (specially those of us waiting for OINP nomination).