+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

406 days and counting

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
Inland Spousal Sponsorship here, 406 days and counting. Eligibility still has not started.

I got a hold of IRCC by phone and asked what is the hold up. I was told, Medical, background, criminality all passed, but eligibility has not yet started. I was told that the normal time is 15 months and to just wait.
I have been trying to make sense of it all, i have friends who come from the same country, same situation(kids, spouse who is a citizen, etc...) received their COPR months before me and i am still waiting.
Is it possible that because I cancelled the use of a representative or because i added the birth of a child in Canada this caused delays? I mean, my file has been at a standstill since DECEMBER!

• Sad
Reactions: valvlad

Harry778

Jun 14, 2022
Inland Spousal Sponsorship here, 406 days and counting. Eligibility still has not started.

I got a hold of IRCC by phone and asked what is the hold up. I was told, Medical, background, criminality all passed, but eligibility has not yet started. I was told that the normal time is 15 months and to just wait.
I have been trying to make sense of it all, i have friends who come from the same country, same situation(kids, spouse who is a citizen, etc...) received their COPR months before me and i am still waiting.
Is it possible that because I cancelled the use of a representative or because i added the birth of a child in Canada this caused delays? I mean, my file has been at a standstill since DECEMBER!
Same here. I applied Dec 1st 2021 got my pre aor letter on 22 Feb 2022, although the letter was date for 1st Dec 2021. Haven't heard anything from them since.just sitting here waiting, burning up in my own anxiety.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Any change will create delays. Every case is different so hard to compare to others.

JohnnyDamien

Star Member
Nov 10, 2021
At last, after such a long time, eligibility has started. Does anyone know how long it takes for eligibility to be completed? Background check was completed in December.