+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

4 months passed, but no Change in Background Check status after Fingerprints submission?

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Trying to figure out how many other applicants are stuck, I submitted FP results on June 16, since then I have no update on my application. Wondering how long it takes for them to see the FP results and complete background check. I'm March 2022 applicant, just got FP request in June, never got Invitation for Citizenship Test.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
3 months and counting unfortunately ,this is the new BlackHole to keep some applicant waiting for long time without a reason I’m assuming you are a refugee and Arab right? Be prepared like myself to wait for at least a year ,never seen Racists in Canada until today when dealing with Ircc
Neither Refugee nor Arab, yes my name is Mohammed. I would not say system is racist it's rather Sluggish. Delays don't matter to them.

asamad88

Star Member
Sep 14, 2022
Trying to figure out how many other applicants are stuck, I submitted FP results on June 16, since then I have no update on my application. Wondering how long it takes for them to see the FP results and complete background check. I'm March 2022 applicant, just got FP request in June, never got Invitation for Citizenship Test.
I think you should first check with RCMP, if the FP results were delivered to IRCC or not.

The tracker will update once they receive your fingerprint results.

My FP results were received by IRCC in 3 weeks and my name is Abdul.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
I think you should first check with RCMP, if the FP results were delivered to IRCC or not.

The tracker will update once they receive your fingerprint results.

My FP results were received by IRCC in 3 weeks and my name is Abdul.
They already received FP results. But complete silence after July 6.

RazaM

Star Member
Jun 19, 2022
Now this is weird. Have you tried calling them or highlighted this issue on webform?
Yeah I talked to agent on phone, they said it's in progress, and this is the only information that they can provide me at this point in time. And they simply say your application is within the processing timeframe, so be patient, and honestly, I have no other option but be patient.
I have seen on forum many time people say that when they talked to the agent, they told them at which phase their application is at the moment, but not all agent willing to give this information, some agents like the one I talked to was sounding so flat that he simply said your application is in progress and he don't have anything more to share.

Last edited:

iceman55

May 1, 2022
Yeah I talked to agent on phone, they said it's in progress, and this is the only information that they can provide me at this point in time. And they simply say your application is within the processing timeframe, so be patient, and honestly, I have no other option but be patient.
I have seen on forum many time people say that when they talked to the agent, they told them at which phase their application is at the moment, but not all agent willing to give this information, some agents like the one I talked to was sounding so flat that he simply said your application is in progress and he don't have anything more to share.
You can try getting the GCMS notes to see whether your BG is stuck in criminality or security or both.

Amin7490

Jul 5, 2020
Just recently they updated the BGC status to completed. It took them 7 months to complete BGC.
What's your status?
close to your situation, BGC received since Nov 30th and nothing after that. Did you invited for the test ??

ahmad0707

Star Member
Apr 21, 2019
Same boat fp received at start of july 2023 and no update, i really do hope mine gets completed within a month or so.