+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

37 years age, Jan 2022 intake, got refusal! Please review the application

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
So here is my full profile with my SOP. Please let me know what correction I should make.

Got refused Dec 3rd, today 230am got the decision. Looks like they sat on it so that I dont reapply soon. I think the decision was made in September only when my medical was updated. Anyway here it is...

I am 37 years old male, married and have a baby daughter. I am from India

I had applied only for my SP. Wife and baby were not coming for now.

I am a software test automation engineer in India.

Total 13 years of work exp, 13 years study gap. Graduated in 2008

Course is Computer Software and Database development in Loyalist College Jan 2022 intake. Graduate Certificate course, valid for 3 years PGWP.

Applied on Aug 15th

IELTS: S7, L8, W7 R9 Band 8 or CLB9

12th: 60% Graduation: 66%

Loan from SBI Bank for 25 lakhs that covered 2 years tuition and expenses. GIC and 1 year tuition paid. I had also attached CA certificate showing property in India, ties to home country.

Universities were not the option since my graduation score was less and study gap was too much. But I think that was not a good reason given by the agents for courses. I also did not want a university since the cost was more than the college. This college course was specific and enough for me.

Consultant has attached close to 16 files with his cover letter explaining any anomalies we thought they might find like why now study, why I dont have a huge bank account savings(I do investments and recently paid off car loan), why I took 5 years to complete engg instead of 4 years, why huge study gap, why wife and baby are not coming to Canada. The files included PCC, Marriage certificate, daughter's birth certificate, bank account statements, loan document, ca certificate and other obvious documents needed.

He had also mentioned how this course will help me in India to get software developer job and what are the opportunities and the size of the software industry.

Consultant said that he checked with his colleagues and they agree that the file is good. We will apply for reconsideration with more explanations. Ordering GCMS notes for details.

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

My name is xxxxxxxxx and I am submitting this statement to express my desire to attend the Computer Software and Database Development program by Loyalist College in Toronto. I am currently a software tester, but I want to make a career transition and become a software developer; I sincerely believe that this program will help me achieve this goal.

Since the year 2000, I have had strong interests in computers and electronics, which motivated me to complete a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from xxxxx India. This degree allowed me to gain a wider perspective on the booming software industry as it taught me the fundamentals of electronics and computer programming. It took me five years to complete the degree instead of four as I had to sit out for one year to complete the backlogs I had. I was very passionate about my studies, clearing all the backlogs and scoring First Class in my graduation. I have also completed a Real-Time Embedded Systems advanced diploma certificate program from Cranes Software International in xxxxx, Karnataka, India, and a certificate course in Energy Sources and Distribution from Indian Institute of Science, also in Bangalore. I am deeply motivated by the prospective future of robots and the software that runs them. I am inspired by the advancements of the software industry positively impacting humanity. Robotics is becoming more involved with software that is extremely intuitive and indiscernible as artificial intelligence starts to become more widely used. This new development within the software industry that is building a completely different set of software applications from before is incredibly exciting and I wish to be part of that industry.

I have around 10 years of software testing experience and, since September of 2019, I have been working as Senior Associate QA level 2 at xxxxxx. I work as a test automation engineer where I automate manual software testing procedures to increase the speed and accuracy of test reports, using different programming languages. Through my past educational and work experiences I have learnt a great deal about the software development industry such as how the projects are managed and which part of the software development cycle I am most attracted towards. Over the course of many years, I am increasingly drawn towards the software developer job profile rather than the software tester job profile. I find it very exciting to write code that is used by millions of customers of a company. The depth of knowledge and creativity required for this role makes it more interesting for me than software testing.

My wish to become a proficient software developer led me to seek out for further education. Canada has been one of the most fascinating countries for me ever since I watched Sicko from the documentary film maker Michael Moore. I have read and seen how Canada takes care of its citizens and has a huge immigration policy that is progressive in contrast to many other advanced countries in the west. Its vibrant immigrant population makes it the perfect destination for international students. Canada is rated as one of the best countries to live in. Its education is top notch and has the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world. India is also a vibrant country and there is no other country like it, but it certainly has its own challenges. It has the lowest number of international students in its universities and leaves most of the classrooms homogenous. Therefore, I think Canada is a perfect country for me to do my postgraduate studies as it will be a refreshing experience.

Loyalist College in Toronto campus offers a well-balanced program. The Computer Software and Database Development program teaches in-demand skills of software development from one of the best faculties with a classroom full of students from various cultures from whom I can learn different ways of thinking and cooperation. This program also has a four-month co-op work requirement that will provide me with experience in the areas of my interest in the software industry. Also, Ontario, and Canada overall, has a large number of software companies operating. I chose Loyalist College and its program for these reasons.

The program’s duration is two years. My start date will be January 11, 2022 and my approximate completion date is August 11, 2023. Having worked as a software tester using code to test the applications developed by developers, breaking down applications, I do have a solid foundational knowledge of software development; I am confident that I am prepared to take this program. I would like to gain the skills that are required to become one of the best software developers using different tools and concepts of software development. These skills will be transferable between a wide range of industries. I will be learning many programming languages, concepts, and methodologies used by many industries to complete their goals and visions executed by teams that are placed across the globe. I also hope to gain experience of collaborating with a team that has its members from different cultures, a requirement in modern-day office teams. I plan on using software development skills acquired from this course to secure a job in the software development industry and continue along my areas of interests within this industry, solving real-world problems with my newly gained expertise.

I look forward to attending Loyalist College and experiencing Canada, however, I do not want to stay in Canada permanently as I have no ties in Canada. My entire family lives in India, including my parents, my sisters, my wife, and our child. Once my education is completed, I wish to move back as soon as possible to be with my family. For financing my studies, I have arranged for an educational loan from the SBI Bank for the fee payment and accommodation expenses.

===========

Please review this application.
Experts please help @Naturgrl @jigzyy @Simba112 @k.h.p. @canuck78

Last edited:

Aesopzai

Nov 22, 2014
So here is my full profile with my SOP. Please let me know what correction I should make.

Got refused Dec 3rd, today 230am got the decision. Looks like they sat on it so that I dont reapply soon. I think the decision was made in September only when my medical was updated. Anyway here it is...

Course is Computer Software and Database development in Loyalist College Jan 2022 intake. Graduate Certificate course, valid for 3 years PGWP.

Applied on Aug 15th

Loan from SBI Bank for 25 lakhs that covered 2 years tuition and expenses. GIC and 1 year tuition paid. I had also attached CA certificate showing property in India, ties to home country.

Universities were not the option since my graduation score was less and study gap was too much. But I think that was not a good reason given by the agents for courses. I also did not want a university since the cost was more than the college. This college course was specific and enough for me.

Consultant has attached close to 16 files with his cover letter explaining any anomalies we thought they might find like why now study, why I dont have a huge bank account savings(I do investments and recently paid off car loan), why I took 5 years to complete engg instead of 4 years, why huge study gap, why wife and baby are not coming to Canada. The files included PCC, Marriage certificate, daughter's birth certificate, bank account statements, loan document, ca certificate and other obvious documents needed.

He had also mentioned how this course will help me in India to get software developer job and what are the opportunities and the size of the software industry.

Consultant said that he checked with his colleagues and they agree that the file is good. We will apply for reconsideration with more explanations. Ordering GCMS notes for details.

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

My name is xxxxxxxxx and I am submitting this statement to express my desire to attend the Computer Software and Database Development program by Loyalist College in Toronto. I am currently a software tester, but I want to make a career transition and become a software developer; I sincerely believe that this program will help me achieve this goal.

Since the year 2000, I have had strong interests in computers and electronics, which motivated me to complete a bachelor’s degree in Electronics and Communications Engineering from xxxxx India. This degree allowed me to gain a wider perspective on the booming software industry as it taught me the fundamentals of electronics and computer programming. It took me five years to complete the degree instead of four as I had to sit out for one year to complete the backlogs I had. I was very passionate about my studies, clearing all the backlogs and scoring First Class in my graduation. I have also completed a Real-Time Embedded Systems advanced diploma certificate program from Cranes Software International in xxxxx, Karnataka, India, and a certificate course in Energy Sources and Distribution from Indian Institute of Science, also in Bangalore. I am deeply motivated by the prospective future of robots and the software that runs them. I am inspired by the advancements of the software industry positively impacting humanity. Robotics is becoming more involved with software that is extremely intuitive and indiscernible as artificial intelligence starts to become more widely used. This new development within the software industry that is building a completely different set of software applications from before is incredibly exciting and I wish to be part of that industry.

I have around 10 years of software testing experience and, since September of 2019, I have been working as Senior Associate QA level 2 at xxxxxx. I work as a test automation engineer where I automate manual software testing procedures to increase the speed and accuracy of test reports, using different programming languages. Through my past educational and work experiences I have learnt a great deal about the software development industry such as how the projects are managed and which part of the software development cycle I am most attracted towards. Over the course of many years, I am increasingly drawn towards the software developer job profile rather than the software tester job profile. I find it very exciting to write code that is used by millions of customers of a company. The depth of knowledge and creativity required for this role makes it more interesting for me than software testing.

My wish to become a proficient software developer led me to seek out for further education. Canada has been one of the most fascinating countries for me ever since I watched Sicko from the documentary film maker Michael Moore. I have read and seen how Canada takes care of its citizens and has a huge immigration policy that is progressive in contrast to many other advanced countries in the west. Its vibrant immigrant population makes it the perfect destination for international students. Canada is rated as one of the best countries to live in. Its education is top notch and has the most beautiful natural landscapes in the world. India is also a vibrant country and there is no other country like it, but it certainly has its own challenges. It has the lowest number of international students in its universities and leaves most of the classrooms homogenous. Therefore, I think Canada is a perfect country for me to do my postgraduate studies as it will be a refreshing experience.

Loyalist College in Toronto campus offers a well-balanced program. The Computer Software and Database Development program teaches in-demand skills of software development from one of the best faculties with a classroom full of students from various cultures from whom I can learn different ways of thinking and cooperation. This program also has a four-month co-op work requirement that will provide me with experience in the areas of my interest in the software industry. Also, Ontario, and Canada overall, has a large number of software companies operating. I chose Loyalist College and its program for these reasons.

The program’s duration is two years. My start date will be January 11, 2022 and my approximate completion date is August 11, 2023. Having worked as a software tester using code to test the applications developed by developers, breaking down applications, I do have a solid foundational knowledge of software development; I am confident that I am prepared to take this program. I would like to gain the skills that are required to become one of the best software developers using different tools and concepts of software development. These skills will be transferable between a wide range of industries. I will be learning many programming languages, concepts, and methodologies used by many industries to complete their goals and visions executed by teams that are placed across the globe. I also hope to gain experience of collaborating with a team that has its members from different cultures, a requirement in modern-day office teams. I plan on using software development skills acquired from this course to secure a job in the software development industry and continue along my areas of interests within this industry, solving real-world problems with my newly gained expertise.

I look forward to attending Loyalist College and experiencing Canada, however, I do not want to stay in Canada permanently as I have no ties in Canada. My entire family lives in India, including my parents, my sisters, my wife, and our child. Once my education is completed, I wish to move back as soon as possible to be with my family. For financing my studies, I have arranged for an educational loan from the SBI Bank for the fee payment and accommodation expenses.

===========

Experts please help @Naturgrl @jigzyy @Simba112 @k.h.p.
So sorry to hear this buddy!! Me 2 refused.. will apply again soon.

Reactions: yesWeCanada

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019
Yes bro.. iam changing nothing just will write my SOP myself this time.. have u ordered gcms notes ? I am planning to order it so that we can answer the refusal reasons better. Do u know the process of ordering gcms notes and the cost?
I have ordered GCMS notes, still waiting. I ordered from Official IRCC website. You need one friend or family member permanent residence or citizen of Canada to order from official website..

cheemak

Aug 2, 2019

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

===========

Sad to hear, They are giving same reason to everyone these days. Because purpose of visit covers all the reasons. Read comments in GCMS nots before reapplying.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
Yes bro.. iam changing nothing just will write my SOP myself this time.. have u ordered gcms notes ? I am planning to order it so that we can answer the refusal reasons better. Do u know the process of ordering gcms notes and the cost?
My consultant has ordered the gcms notes yesterday, it will cost about 360 rupees. Yeah but we have to wait that long, ridiculous. That process should be automated. VO would have entered the reasons already, just send it to the application!! Thats why I think the reason it takes this long is they will write the gcms notes when we ask for it, I mean the same VO might write it. More than 1 month wait is brutal.

yesWeCanada

Aug 5, 2021
I have ordered GCMS notes, still waiting. I ordered from Official IRCC website. You need one friend or family member permanent residence or citizen of Canada to order from official website..
Yeah, I have consultant from Canada, so he has ordered it yesterday.

Reactions: cheemak

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

===========

sorry for the previous refusal, hope you have ordered the notes to see exactly what transpired refusal based on purpose of visit. Your SOP looks fine, All the best buddy

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

===========

Was it diploma or post graduate diploma?

When was your application date?

For about $50K, Ryerson University offers MBA. It costs about $15K more than these colleges but visa becomes more guarantee and any field person can make it a "career progression"

BA101

Champion Member
Nov 29, 2021

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

===========

Sorry to hear about your refusal. I got my Study visa with 13 yrs gap as well. Your course choice is not convincing enough in my opinion. You can msg me if you want to discuss more. All the best

captainarabiia

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2015
Winnipeg
Visa Office......
Riyadh Visa Office
App. Filed.......
22-02-2018
Passport Req..
11-03-2018

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

===========

Get GCMS notes.

alfredbink

Star Member
Jan 5, 2021
Based on your SOP etc, your visa consultant has gone out of his way not to mention the course level (diploma/pg-diploma) unless I missed it.
So your visa refusal reason will most probably be "career progression" or "improper choice of program".
Do cheap MBA.

Joe_sinp

Star Member
Oct 5, 2020

Applied on Aug 15th

SOP:

===========

Statement of Purpose

===========

My suggestion would be to pursue a MBA/MTech/Phd course from any University. Show how this will help in career progression in India.
Current course and college selection was not up to the mark. Also do mention how you Wife and Kid will cover their monthly expenses in India like if your wife has a job etc. GoodLuck.