Med's Done....
oct. 5 & 15(another view of xray), 2010;meds sent to cem oct 15, 18 & 26
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
november 17, 2010;PP sent november 19, 2010
LANDED..........
?
I would like to share my experience to my fellow rn's who are pursuing their cno registration. Below is a copy of the letter sent to me through snail mail by CNO

On 04/10/10 verification of education form received from xxxschool of nursingxxx, Philippines; Transcript Attached,

Assessment will take up to 12 weeks to complete from 14/10/10.
The application forms were received on 31/08/10.

If you have any further questions, please contact us either by e-mail at cno@cnomail.org, by phone at (416)928-0900, 1-800-387-5526(toll-free in Ontario) by fax at (416) 928 6507 or visit our office at 101 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON, M5R 3P1.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

This means that processing takes about 12 weeks from the receipt of all documents! Good luck to all of us and may God bless all our endeavors! :)

JINCYMARAMON

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 sep 2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent wIth application
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
hi,i have passed crne on oct 2009,applied for fsw1 in 17 sept 2010.?Is there any chance for fast track processing????i have no job offer!!!!! :)

JINCYMARAMON

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 sep 2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent wIth application
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
Bindu said:
Hi Team,
Had a quick query, Can I apply for CRNE even without gettting a PR visa, is there any website where I can find the steps to apply for (i.e Toronto).

Sorry if a similar question has been asked and answered. Kindly bear with me.

Regards
Bindu
go to cno.org,and check for registration for- internationally educated nurses.will tell u the steps to follow!!

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
JINCYMARAMON said:
hi,i have passed crne on oct 2009,applied for fsw1 in 17 sept 2010.?Is there any chance for fast track processing????i have no job offer!!!!! :)
Hi there, did u apply to CNO? can u get an interim permit to work? have u tried to look for job and passed some application letter?thanks

Isha

Sep 2, 2010
Bangalore
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-12-2009
Doc's Request.
12-02-2010
AOR Received.
10-06-2010
IELTS Request
12-02-2010
File Transfer...
17-02-2010
Med's Request
01-11-2010
Med's Done....
12-11-2010
Passport Req..
01-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
14-02-2011
LANDED..........
Not Yet
Hi m2canada, I have requested an assessment package from the CNO but I received the "Application for a Certificate of Registration in the General Class". I am little confused after I received dis package in which they asked to submit the landing proof and registration fee.Is that the assessment package?

koji518

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2canada said:
I would like to share my experience to my fellow rn's who are pursuing their cno registration. Below is a copy of the letter sent to me through snail mail by CNO

On 04/10/10 verification of education form received from xxxschool of nursingxxx, Philippines; Transcript Attached,

Assessment will take up to 12 weeks to complete from 14/10/10.
The application forms were received on 31/08/10.

If you have any further questions, please contact us either by e-mail at cno @ cnomail.org, by phone at (416)928-0900, 1-800-387-5526(toll-free in Ontario) by fax at (416) 928 6507 or visit our office at 101 Davenport Road, Toronto, ON, M5R 3P1.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

This means that processing takes about 12 weeks from the receipt of all documents! Good luck to all of us and may God bless all our endeavors! :)
this is good news Anybody here who receives a Equivalency Test ; Is there a deadline? any tips or online guides on how to answer? TIA

koji518

Star Member
Jan 16, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Isha said:
Hi m2canada, I have requested an assessment package from the CNO but I received the "Application for a Certificate of Registration in the General Class". I am little confused after I received dis package in which they asked to submit the landing proof and registration fee.Is that the assessment package?
It's good you will received additional application package after sending..

m2canada

Aug 10, 2010
philippines
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
december 24, 2009
Doc's Request.
february 24, 2010
AOR Received.
june 23, 2010
IELTS Request
may 8, 2010
File Transfer...
june 23, 2010
Med's Request
aug 27, 2010;sept. 23,2010
Med's Done....
oct. 5 & 15(another view of xray), 2010;meds sent to cem oct 15, 18 & 26
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
november 17, 2010;PP sent november 19, 2010
LANDED..........
?
Isha said:
i didn't receive the same notice. my form was just requested(april) and sent (august) to me thru email which did not require me to submit LANDING PROOF. i tried to research and this is what i found out, below is the link:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/new-applicants/international/requirements-for-becoming-a-nurse-in-ontario/requirement-6/

Requirement 6: Proof of Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing
All nurses registered in Ontario must show proof they are eligible to work in Canada. As an Internationally Educated Nurse, you are required to provide proof of your Canadian citizenship, permanent residency documents or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to work as a nurse in Canada.

For information about immigration, visas or working and studying in Ontario, please contact the Canadian consulate in your country or Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Please note the College does not provide information or assistance with immigration.

Answer this question to determine if you have met this requirement.

Are you a Canadian Citizen, a holder of a Permanent Resident card or authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to practise as a nurse in Canada?

If you answered “yes”, then you will need to provide proof of your current status by attaching one of the following to your application:

a photocopy of your Canadian Birth Certificate or
Landed Immigrant Papers/Permanent Residence Card or
Certificate of Citizenship or
a work permit that provides authorization to practise nursing in Ontario or
a valid Canadian passport
If you answered “No”, then please contact the College.

Please note that nurses with work permits to practise nursing in Ontario will be referred to the College’s Registration Committee for review.

this was updated last september only.when did you apply?

JINCYMARAMON

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 sep 2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent wIth application
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
lloydnina said:
Hi there, did u apply to CNO? can u get an interim permit to work? have u tried to look for job and passed some application letter?thanks
hi,I havn't tried for temporary registrattio,as i wasn't sure about passing CRNE.recently i got some e-mails from canadian employer that they have very less demand for international nurse.I think it means the employers are restricted by govt.that they should recruit people from Canada those who have already PR and citizenship first .

sultanali

Aug 23, 2010
Scarborough
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
m2canada said:
i didn't receive the same notice. my form was just requested(april) and sent (august) to me thru email which did not require me to submit LANDING PROOF. i tried to research and this is what i found out, below is the link:

http://www.cno.org/en/become-a-nurse/new-applicants/international/requirements-for-becoming-a-nurse-in-ontario/requirement-6/

Requirement 6: Proof of Canadian citizenship, Permanent Residency, or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to engage in the practice of nursing
All nurses registered in Ontario must show proof they are eligible to work in Canada. As an Internationally Educated Nurse, you are required to provide proof of your Canadian citizenship, permanent residency documents or authorization under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to work as a nurse in Canada.

For information about immigration, visas or working and studying in Ontario, please contact the Canadian consulate in your country or Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Please note the College does not provide information or assistance with immigration.

Answer this question to determine if you have met this requirement.

Are you a Canadian Citizen, a holder of a Permanent Resident card or authorized under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (Canada) to practise as a nurse in Canada?

If you answered “yes”, then you will need to provide proof of your current status by attaching one of the following to your application:

a photocopy of your Canadian Birth Certificate or
Landed Immigrant Papers/Permanent Residence Card or
Certificate of Citizenship or
a work permit that provides authorization to practise nursing in Ontario or
a valid Canadian passport
If you answered “No”, then please contact the College.

Please note that nurses with work permits to practise nursing in Ontario will be referred to the College's Registration Committee for review.

this was updated last september only.when did you apply?
yah its asses pack, dont worry about lamding proof just emaik them and explain ur immigration is in process trhey will authorized :)

lloydnina

May 6, 2010
Australia
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Australia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
march 2010
AOR Received.
sept 2010
IELTS Request
done
File Transfer...
may 2010
Med's Request
Jan 13, 2012
Med's Done....
Jan 22,2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
March 12, 2012
VISA ISSUED...
March 20, 2012
LANDED..........
January 2013
JINCYMARAMON said:
hi,I havn't tried for temporary registrattio,as i wasn't sure about passing CRNE.recently i got some e-mails from canadian employer that they have very less demand for international nurse.I think it means the employers are restricted by govt.that they should recruit people from Canada those who have already PR and citizenship first .
Thanks for the answer.. but know that u passed the crne, why is it still hard to get a job? does it mean even with passing crne if ur not a resident yet or has a working permit u won't get a job?thanks mate..i am just a bit worried, coz i am planning to take crne this coming feb and i am thinking staying there on tourist visa and then if i pass ill llok for job and then apply for working permit...but if i won't be able to get a job offer with tourist visa i won't be granted a working permit...job offer comes first before working permit isn't?thanks

aspire

Champion Member
Jul 13, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-02-2009
File Transfer...
29-03-2009
Med's Request
21-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-02-2011
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2011(pspt submitted 09-04-2011)
VISA ISSUED...
09-05-2011 (passport received 17-05-2011)
LANDED..........
26-06-2011
JINCYMARAMON said:
Since you are a RN, try to search for job on line, most probably you have a great chance to get one because of your license. Working permit can go in parallel with your PR application but it won't help to speed it up. Though, if CIC is true to their word, your PR should be finalized in a year time, but in reality it isn't.

Did you also go to Canada on visit visa just to sit for the CRNE? I was there last September 30 and took the CRNE last October 6, 2010. During my 10 days stay in Winnipeg I was interviewed by one of the hospitals and got hired. They are working now for my LMO.

In how many weeks your CRNE results came out? It is getting too stressful as I am nearing from the verdict of my CRNE. It will be the deciding factor of wether or not we will pursue with our Canada dream. It is very difficult to leave stable current job and go to Canada with full of uncertainty because of not having the license to work. In which province by the way you are registered? These days it is no longer possible to get the registration without the PR. We were lucky then we got the eligibility before they changed the rules.

JINCYMARAMON

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 sep 2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent wIth application
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
hi aspire,
Yes I went on visist visa and wrote exam in oct 2009,I registered (means not completed until i get PR)in ontario,for exam result it will take 4-6 weeks and i believe Ontario is the last one to release the result.Check in allnurses.com blog regarding exam information

JINCYMARAMON

Jun 29, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 sep 2010
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
Awaiting
IELTS Request
sent wIth application
File Transfer...
Awaiting
Med's Request
Awaiting
lloydnina said:
Thanks for the answer.. but know that u passed the crne, why is it still hard to get a job? does it mean even with passing crne if ur not a resident yet or has a working permit u won't get a job?thanks mate..i am just a bit worried, coz i am planning to take crne this coming feb and i am thinking staying there on tourist visa and then if i pass ill llok for job and then apply for working permit...but if i won't be able to get a job offer with tourist visa i won't be granted a working permit...job offer comes first before working permit isn't?thanks
hi lloydnina,,,it's easy to get a job in nursing homes and long term care,but i feel its hard to get a job in hospital in ontario, if you are applying from outside Canada,i dont know about other province,recently one of my friend told me it's easy to get job in Alberta if u have ielts.so dont worry,go forward,everyone have different experience,so try in your way,U will get it!!!! will pray!!

sja

Aug 25, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-11-2009
Doc's Request.
30-01-2010
AOR Received.
23-04-2010
File Transfer...
02-02-2010
Med's Request
21-10-2010
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Passport Req..
21-10-2010
Hi All,

I want to register with Manitoba. But in their application package , an immigration proof should be submitted along the application form in a single package . I am under process of immigration and my medicals are done.
Can I attach my medical request form's copy as a proof of immigration.

Please help

Thanks,
Sja