+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3152 Registered Nurse category

rhozie

Sep 19, 2011
as far as i know, IELTS not really required during the initial assessment stage, but it will be required on the licensure stage, which means it's after passing the CRNE.
is this true? IELTS is required after passing CRNE? thanks..

firestyle_jutsu

Apr 26, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
posted thru Fedex: 07-07-2011
Doc's Request.
received @ CIO by M. KRSZWD: 13-07-2011
AOR Received.
PER- 05-10-2011
IELTS Request
included in my posted docs.
File Transfer...
2nd AOR: 27/10/2011
Med's Request
dated Feb. 03, 2012; received the letter, Feb. 16, 2012
Med's Done....
23-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-July-2012
VISA ISSUED...
20-July-2012
rhozie said:
as far as i know, IELTS not really required during the initial assessment stage, but it will be required on the licensure stage, which means it's after passing the CRNE.

if u are registering in Ontario but I just don't know in other provinces..

ena

Mar 3, 2011
rhozie said:
You don't have to wait for the licensure stage.IELTS (or any english fluency recognized by CNO) is just one of the requirements in becoming a registered nurse in Ontario. I suggest if you have a valid IELTS result now, request from your testing center to send a TRF (test report form) directly to CNO. Once you meet the required score, you're done with one of the requirements.

Quoted from CNO website: "If you have recently taken a language fluency test, please ask the testing service to send your results directly to the College. We will then evaluate your language credentials and confirm that you have met the language fluency requirements."

"Written fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing one of the following:The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5. The minimum scores required to demonstrate reasonable fluency in written English on the IELTS are 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading."Written fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing one of the following:

"Spoken fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing any one of the following:The IELTS with a minimum score of seven (the IELTS includes an integrated speaking test)"

S

shibuya

http://allnurses.com/canadian-nurses/links-provincial-colleges-303171.html

PiRN

Sep 11, 2011
ena said:
You don't have to wait for the licensure stage.IELTS (or any english fluency recognized by CNO) is just one of the requirements in becoming a registered nurse in Ontario. I suggest if you have a valid IELTS result now, request from your testing center to send a TRF (test report form) directly to CNO. Once you meet the required score, you're done with one of the requirements.

Quoted from CNO website: "If you have recently taken a language fluency test, please ask the testing service to send your results directly to the College. We will then evaluate your language credentials and confirm that you have met the language fluency requirements."

"Written fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing one of the following:The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 6.5. The minimum scores required to demonstrate reasonable fluency in written English on the IELTS are 6.5 in listening, 6.5 in writing and 6.5 in reading."Written fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing one of the following:

"Spoken fluency in English can be demonstrated by successfully completing any one of the following:The IELTS with a minimum score of seven (the IELTS includes an integrated speaking test)"
I agree! We have 7 requirements to become a nurse in Ontario, and each requirement are different with each other. An example is after passing the exam, you still can't use your title or any designation unless you meet other of the 7. I have a friend of mine, she passed the CRNE and completed 6 of the 7 but she is still in pending for registration coz she still don't have her Canadian Status as a PR.

Don't waste time, if you can submit to them all the necessary requirements that you can show them, GO and GET it! I can see myself a year ago starting my initial assessment. I didn't waste time, I strive to complete all the requirements while waiting for my eligibility, and now after 9months of waiting by giving them all the necessary additional information aside from having a degree in nursing outside Canada they finally gave me the opportunity to take the national exam for RN. In the moment I already completed 6 of the 7 except passing the CRNE which I will do this Feb2012.

Goodluck to all of you.. and strive harder!! :) :) :) :) :) :) :) ;D ;D ;D :D :D :D ;) ;) ;) ;)
Godbless..........

Scandinavian

Star Member
Nov 4, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I cannot believe that Canada requires all these tests for registered nurses, it´s like assuming no other country may
train skilled nurses than Canada..I wonder how in earth all the nurses who apply from poorer countries actually may
afford to pay all those test fees that CNO are about. I was asking CNO where the money I have to pay goes, and got
an answer "well, you don´t have to pay if you don´t want to".. Unbelievable arrogant!

Canada needs skilled nurses..right? ::)

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Dear ena,

I have sent my initial application form with 678 CAD to CNO for RN assessment. Also sent the IELTS scores directly from the ETS to them. Now I am waiting for reply from the CNO with the set of second forms to arrive. Can you give me an idea as to what forms I need to expect now?

In the mean time I have got my visa and PR forms in mid October. Can I send the copy of Visa and the PR forms to CNO or should I wait for the second set of forma to arrive?

How can I contact CNO to ask about the status of my application? Is there any email? Phone is very tedious and it is all prerecorded messages with no person coming on line to talk. And it costs a lot to wait for so long on an international call.

I am actually waiting to hear from CNO and only after finishing second set of forms I am planning to land in Toronto. Thank you.

FARPADANA

Star Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visa Office......
london
App. Filed.......
april 2009
Med's Request
10/05/2010-24/08/2010
Med's Done....
15/09/2010
Passport Req..
23/12/2010
VISA ISSUED...
12/12/2010
LANDED..........
20/08/2011
lika said:
Dear ena,

I have sent my initial application form with 678 CAD to CNO for RN assessment. Also sent the IELTS scores directly from the ETS to them. Now I am waiting for reply from the CNO with the set of second forms to arrive. Can you give me an idea as to what forms I need to expect now?

In the mean time I have got my visa and PR forms in mid October. Can I send the copy of Visa and the PR forms to CNO or should I wait for the second set of forma to arrive?

How can I contact CNO to ask about the status of my application? Is there any email? Phone is very tedious and it is all prerecorded messages with no person coming on line to talk. And it costs a lot to wait for so long on an international call.

I am actually waiting to hear from CNO and only after finishing second set of forms I am planning to land in Toronto. Thank you.

you email them to this address: CSR4@cnomail.org (you can chang the digit "4" to 1-9)
you dont need to send them your visa.
if your education profile is the same as they accept, you might receive elligibility letter by which you can sit for the exam.your IELTS is required after passing the exam along with other documents.
you better to land when you have the final decision.
for example. Ihave landed and returned back and still waiting for decision.i will go back when i can write the crne.

S

shibuya

Hi Lika ,
You can contact CNO thru this link: https://www.cno.org/en/what-is-cno/contact-cno/contact-us-applicant/

PiRN

Sep 11, 2011
FARPADANA said:
you email them to this address: CSR4 @ cnomail.org (you can chang the digit "4" to 1-9)
you dont need to send them your visa.
if your education profile is the same as they accept, you might receive elligibility letter by which you can sit for the exam.your IELTS is required after passing the exam along with other documents.
you better to land when you have the final decision.
for example. Ihave landed and returned back and still waiting for decision.i will go back when i can write the crne.
I quote regarding this statement: "your IELTS is required after passing the exam along with other documents."

Send you IELTS result if your score already met the CNO english fluency standard, don't wait for your time to passed the national exam, because IELTS has its own validity. Then again, english flluency is just one of the requirement between the rest, and this requirements are assess individually, which basically mean that you can move-on with the assessment even though you still dont meet other of the 7. But as you go along with the assessment per se, you will be able to complete all the requirements in time.

Even though you passed the national exam for nursing, you still cant guarantee yourself that you will be able to call yourself as a nurse because you still have 6 of the 7, which mean that Nursing Exam is just one of the requirement and you still have 6 to complete to be registered.

PiRN

Sep 11, 2011
:) :)Guys let us not post some information that are not evidence-base information because this may lead to confusion for those applicant who is starting their initial assessment.

Thanks and I wish everyone a good luck...

toronto1234

Dec 24, 2010
SugarHigh said:
Hi, any news from aug 3152 applicants?
I hate to bring down your expectations guys but my wife's application received by CIC July 20 2011 has been returned due to capped reached....i emailed them Oct 20 and just got their reply today.... Im very disappointed!!! Any other July applicants got same response?

lika

Star Member
Jun 13, 2011
Chennai
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC ND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
AOR Received.
02-03-2011
IELTS Request
Sent with initial application
File Transfer...
02-03-2011
Med's Request
26-04-2011
Med's Done....
07-05-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-04-2011 (PCC and PP submitted June 2nd)
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 12, 2011
LANDED..........
April 2012
Thank you FARPADANA and shibuya. I will contact CNO and see what reply I get.

I completely agree with Scadinavian. There are many countries who have good education system with good nurses. It is true ad sad that we need to spend so much money, time and effort to prove our worth.

ena

Mar 3, 2011
lika said:
Dear ena,

Dear Lika,

Congratulations on your visa.

https://www.cno.org/en/what-is-cno/contact-cno/contact-us-applicant/ This is the website where you can inquire about your application's status. Hopefully you will receive an email within 2 days.

In my case, they sent another set of forms for my employers to fill up detailing my job description. It depends on the administrator who is assessing your papers. The timeline is also different with other applicants.

You will only be a Permanent Resident once you landed in Toronto (or wherever in Canada except Quebec) and then you can inform CNO regarding your PR status. Don't worry, it's just one of the requirements to be a nurse here in Ontario.

In the meantime, inquire about your status and what other documents they will need. You can also ask them receipt of documents from you and other sources pertaining to your application. This way, you'll be updated too and can keep track with all your documents.

Goodluck!!

ena

deepshre

Oct 16, 2010
hi friends! can't we join directly to university for bridging program? or couldn't we say to CNO for any bridge program. i am without nursing practice more than five years and would like to join bridge or refresh program. highly appreciate to any information.