+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

3 years of foreign work experience

Rebeca.hochman

Jul 25, 2019
Hi guys!

I would like to ask a question regarding claiming the points for 3 years of foreign work experience.
I have exact 3 years and 4 days of foreign work experience, if you consider the exact start and end days. If you just consider months then I have 2 years and 11 months.
My lawyer said that officers will deny my application because they don’t consider the full date, just the months.

Does anyone know if that is the case please? I just get confused because in the CIC website says 3 years and doesn’t mention it should be 3 years in months. So does anyone know how it works?

Thanks a lot!

MelanieL

Star Member
Sep 12, 2019
In the application forms you only put months/years, not exact dates (e.g. 04/2017 - 03/2019) so yes sounds like your lawyers are correct

Rebeca.hochman

Jul 25, 2019
In the application forms you only put months/years, not exact dates (e.g. 04/2017 - 03/2019) so yes sounds like your lawyers are correct
Got it, thanks for answering.
Yes I noticed that when I created my profile the system gave me the full 50 pts for foreign work experience. That is what confused me as well, but I guess the system consider full months, like 04/2018-04/2019 is calculated as 01/04/2018-31/04/2019. But then I don’t understand why the work experience would be a problem. Anyway just gotta work 1 more month to guarantee.

Kavin626

Star Member
Aug 8, 2018
Hi guys!

I would like to ask a question regarding claiming the points for 3 years of foreign work experience.
I have exact 3 years and 4 days of foreign work experience, if you consider the exact start and end days. If you just consider months then I have 2 years and 11 months.
My lawyer said that officers will deny my application because they don’t consider the full date, just the months.

Does anyone know if that is the case please? I just get confused because in the CIC website says 3 years and doesn’t mention it should be 3 years in months. So does anyone know how it works?

Thanks a lot!
Hi I am in same situation , can you please help me what you did? Have you got the PR?